NIOXIN sheds your hair at the begining!!

Haironbald

hi frineds,

I just started using nioxin alternatively along with nizoral.

(My regimen is proscar 1/2 every other day+nizoral 2times/week+minoxidil +nioxin 2times/week )

But I felt heavy hair shedding particularly when I'm applying conditioner(nioxin scalp therapy). I read in nioxin website like

-----

" Will NIOXIN?® cause hair loss?

.... Some individuals after being on the system for a period of time begin seeing daily hair loss numbers increase and are concerned that the Bionutrient Formulations system is causing this hair loss. Hair fall out can increase when you first begin the proper cleansing and treatment of the scalp. This is only a temporary situations and should not exceed two weeks. If it does exceed two weeks, discontinue use of the product and consult your doctor or dermatologist. "

------

I know when you shampooing you definitely see lot of hair fall.

So please share your experiences with NIOXIN in early days?Did anybody has bad experience with it?How to determine whether it is doing bad or not?

thank you all.

I have never personally had any experience with Nioxin but yse there is sometimes a shedding process. This however should not last longer than a few weeks and if you notice that it is prolonged you should definitely stop using.

I guess it is always hard to tell if something is helping or hindering but generally your hair might look better or you can style it easier if the product is doing some good. Does the hair look thicker? Does more hair come out in your comb?

If there is continual loss you need to stop using. Remember that everyone is different and what works for someone else might not necessarily work for you. Good luck.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hair going into the resting phase is normal.......a shed is noticed when more of it does this at once than is normal, normal being around 10-15% of the hair you have resting at once. I use Nioxin and haven't noticed this but everyone's differernt. Once your hair cycles through the resting phase, massive shed's should stop. If they don't, I'd quit using the product and/or see a dermatologist about it.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 1 year later...

I have been using low level laser therapy for my hair loss. I'm a 23 year old female and have found that the lasers are working. I have new growth and less fall out.

However, I saw the nioxin (follicle booster and scalp therapy) recently and decided to use it twice a day for two days to see if it would help even more.

The first day I used it I liked the way my hair felt. After the second day I experienced shedding of 30ish hairs in the morning which I did not enjoy!

I'm going to stop nioxin.

Ducky,

I'm not quite sure why you bumped a 2 year old unrelated thread to discuss laser therapy?

I do see you've posted this on another topic already that IS related.

I'd recommend posting your before/after photos on that related thread - otherwise you will most likely convince very few that lasers work.

Best wishes,

Bill