Domies Log - 1 YEAR update!

domie

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone, thanks for the comments. as always, your input is greatly appreciated. :-) now for the "oscar winning" thank you speech..

mrjb and nikkop, its always great to hear compliments (hats off to dr. wong!). your both pumping me up for month 7 (and beyond). guess ill still have to be patient. ;-) although its much easier now that im a "retired baldie" already (as bushy wisely stated).

john, i have no idea what the actual density is. all i know is that i wanted it maximized with the amount of grafts i got.

joe, its always good to hear from the man that started this life changing journey for me... you my friend are awesome!

bushy, your blog has been so incredibly helpful for me. seriously, its been so close in progress that its like i have a window for the future of my do. thanks so much for posting your story.

hairbank and troy, as much as you guys have shared your experience and knowledge with this community... imho, you are helping to change peoples lives as much as the dr's that are performing the surgeries. what you share gets people in those chairs (myself included). i would not have done it without seeing and believing. THANK YOU!

mad props to all my brothers in hair loss! :-) see you next month, w00t!

Awesome

All the complaining people do about HT's , it's sad they don't recognize the AMAZING transformation one procedure can do by a qualified doc.. What a life changing experience.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

MRJB, i HAVE NOT HEARD ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT THERE WORK FROM hASSON AND WONG. ONE GUY DID THEN CAME BACK ON AND APPOLIGISED, TURNED OUT HE WAS CRAZY!!! THE ONLY COMPLAINTS IVE HEARD ABOUT HTS, COMEFROM PEOPLE WHO HAD THEM DONE WITH OLD TECHNIQUES AND BAD DOCS. WHEN DOMIE CAME ON THE SCENE HE APPROACHED THIS VERY WISE AND WILL WITH OUT A DOUBT HAVE AMAZING FINISHED RESULTS. AND IS NOW GIVING BACK TO THE VERY FORUM THAT HELPED HIM- WAY TO GO DOMIE!!!

Hi Troy

You misunderstood my comment. I was referring to people complaining about " Poor Hair transplantation in general" . My point being there are amazing doc ( like H &W) who can perform life changing surgeries in just one pass. I think you migth have read my comments too fast .. H & W are truly gifted doctors.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

alright, ive not posted any 1/2 month updates so far... but im so siked from my wonderful hairstylist friends new haircut. i just had to share.

first off, i have not told her about the HT... and she has NO idea still after cutting my hair last night!? when i saw her about a month ago (for the first time after the procedure) she kinda stared at me for a minute and asked, "is that your natural hair color? it looks great!" the puzzled look on her face was SO darn cute. icon_smile.gif

so here i am 5.5 months out rockin' that banging cut! a re-newed confidence, and an exciting stage in life! thank you dr. wong, thank you all!

hey thanks guys, your compliments are appreciated. im pretty darn happy at only 5.5 months! :-)

ugly, im sorry but i dont recall dr wongs opinion of diameter or texture. judging it myself, i would have to say my hair type is average... leaning more towards the fine side.

john, actually 3500 was the pre-op projected amount of grafts. the total amount after the procedure was 4907 (with over 10,000 hairs).

Looks great Domie!!! Given your level of hairloss, it is amazing that you can now comb your hair forward without hardly a hint of baldness in the back. Should you need more later down the road, I am sure you have a lot left in the bank, from looking at your donor. Congrats again, and let us know how things are coming along with the ladies, now that your rocking the rockstar hairdoo!!!! =)

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

damn domie,

this is getting ridiculous (how good it looks)!! Just one more week and it will be six months. Your five and a half month pics are great and your six month anniversary will I am sure the pics will be even better.

How did you go in again and initially supposed to be around 3500 and get 4900?? That is a big difference. Remember I was told between 3500-3700, but would love for the additional amount as I want only one session....

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

• 2 weeks later...

now that its here, that 1/2 year sure flew by! 6 month pics are up. no styling cream this time to show you what it looks like plain-o.

b spot: haha, thank you sir. i tell ya, its so nice to meet people and not have those nagging voices in the back of the mind... "d00d, their scoping your cranium!"

eman: i wish you the best with your procedure! being a "retired baldie" is allllright!

troy: every person (that doesnt know of the procedure) has attributed the change to my hair color (natural now vs. bleached then), its been very interesting. i was with a life long friend this past weekend (that i have not seen since the procedure). the VERY first thing he said to me was about my hair, "whats up with your hair!? your not bleaching it anymore, it looks SO much better! more full" it was awesome, what a good feeling! icon_smile.gif

Congratulations, that's a very remarkable turnaround.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Domie,

Are you happy with the density? How does it look under bright lights? Have you gone swimming? Can you see the scar when your head is wet? Any regrets or second guessing at this point? Sorry for all the questions.

By the way your progress is so much fun to track. Seeing the transformation in the last two months is exciting for to watch. I am excited for you and say "WOW" each time you update. I simply cannot believe the trasformation Thank you so much for sharing and hope that you continue.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

• 2 weeks later...

Sweet Domie !!

You look 10 years younger already

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• 2 weeks later...