Now its been a year - Post Crown HT

navraj

Hi All, like to show my progress on the HT I have done before a year and need to know where is my growth scale.

Everyone wld have seen me coming with a similar post before 6 months with some pics and updates .. here I am with a years update..

I have done my HT only in the crown region (2100 grafts) and I have attached some of the recent pics. Crown , oh my God I just curse the God as why I got bald in the crown rather than at front.. Its taking hell a lot of time to see even some progress. I think I have got some progress, but as all we know that in this front I am greedy like anyone else looking for growth too quick. Ever since my HT on Aug 20 2007 I am just cheking my hair in the mirror , once I get up from my bed.. that is how my every day starts.. and it is still continuing..

I have to ask few quesions to experts here, friends who have done HT before.

I have seen lot of ppl done HT in front , but not seen much in the crown..I have to know whatever I hae achieved after a year, is it because the HT is on the crown? I really dont know if this in going right to me.

I am also taking proscar for the last 10 months.I like to know now after being a year is the growth what i see , is this what I can expect in a year at the crown?

Can I see any more growth for the next 6 months?

How can I confirm that growth is happening to my corwn region? By feel or by some other way to confirm that some more growth is left .

Is there is anythin I need to do see some more density or only thing is to wait for time?

I am attaching pics before the HT and immediately afte HT and the most recent pics.

Your comments will be much appreciated.

5071020043_Crown_pre_ht.jpg.7fd9680ed947b2a2cf9d092dfda6f9e7.jpg

Hi All, like to show my progress on the HT I have done before a year and need to know where is my growth scale.

Everyone wld have seen me coming with a similar post before 6 months with some pics and updates .. here I am with a years update..

I have done my HT only in the crown region (2100 grafts) and I have attached some of the recent pics. Crown , oh my God I just curse the God as why I got bald in the crown rather than at front.. Its taking hell a lot of time to see even some progress. I think I have got some progress, but as all we know that in this front I am greedy like anyone else looking for growth too quick. Ever since my HT on Aug 20 2007 I am just cheking my hair in the mirror , once I get up from my bed.. that is how my every day starts.. and it is still continuing..

I have to ask few quesions to experts here, friends who have done HT before.

I have seen lot of ppl done HT in front , but not seen much in the crown..I have to know whatever I hae achieved after a year, is it because the HT is on the crown? I really dont know if this in going right to me.

I am also taking proscar for the last 10 months.I like to know now after being a year is the growth what i see , is this what I can expect in a year at the crown?

Can I see any more growth for the next 6 months?

How can I confirm that growth is happening to my corwn region? By feel or by some other way to confirm that some more growth is left .

Is there is anythin I need to do see some more density or only thing is to wait for time?

I am attaching pics before the HT and immediately afte HT and the most recent pics.

Your comments will be much appreciated.

To be honest, it looks a little thin to me. Also, is it wet in that last photo? Your picture taking is like mine, it sux as well.

Who was your doctor? You should PM Bill and ask how to put those photos side by side for a better comparison.

But, with the crown I think it would be fairly normal for you to experience some more thickening.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Unfortunately, that looks about right. . . 2100 Grafts is not alot for the area planted.

Look at the native hair on top of your scalp. About the first inch and a half layers on top of itself before it can hide your scalp.

Given the low density of your transplant, which is less than th e native hair, it doesnt have enough hair to provide coverage.

Combed forward, it does reduce the size of your bald spot.

Hmmm, I kinda agree w/ what's already been said.....

Your case looks similiar to a poster -- "Richie"....balding pattern strikes me as very similiar and I think he had somewhere in the low-mid 2's for grafts.....his result, not as matured as yours, definitely seems like he got better coverage if I'm remembering aright.

Richie takes pretty brutal pics too...perhaps it is the way you are "styling" your hair? I'm at a relatively young 7.5months, but my hair can look good under most conditions, great under some, but it can also look *quite* thin if I want it to be that way....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Navraj,

I took the liberty of putting your before, immediately postoperative, and after photo together below.

When comparing them, I have a few observations.

7151087093_feller.jpg

1. It appears you've lost additional native hair in the crown since the time of surgery. Though unfortunate, this is typical since male pattern baldness is progressive.

2. Density does appear to be lacking. However, when comparing the immediately postoperative photo to the after photo, the density looks about right in terms of coverage and density, especially if you've lost additional native hair.

Currently you still have a lot of thick natural hair in the front which is also making the crown appear thinner. If you take a look at my crown pictures, I've had a very similar number of grafts transplanted there overall. I would say my density is similar to yours in the crown. Though it's not very dense, it beats a bald crown any day.

In many cases, one hair transplant surgery will not be enough for the lifetime of the patient. I often tell patients seeking that hair restoration should be looked at more as a journey than a one time procedure.

Overall, your crown has certainly improved and you've added some permanent hair now that will never fall out. Adding more density could very well be an option for you if you choose another surgery.

Best wishes,

Bill

feller.jpg

Hey navraj

Looking at the pics Bill has put side by side , I think you have had a noticable improvement , gone has your overall thinning area , replaced by and area of strong , stylable hair , that is an good gain on it's own .

You can now style it in a more modern way and feel younger as you are no longer bald on the crown .

Your pics are very harsh and I bet in person your HT in unnoticable also , people rarely see us crown thinners from directly above under harsh lighting hahahaahah so rest assured you have got a really good cosmetic improvement .

Like than said , the amount of grafts you recieved is very similar to my own , but over a slightly larger area , I think for the amount your recieved over that area you have definatly had an improvement .

I look forward to your next update bud .

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

your crown may have benefitted more if the grafts were concentrated in just the crown area and had not gone off to the side and towards the next zone. also, the way you're styling your hair doesn't help. i think you'd be better off styling it back which would provide better coverage.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I agree now with Ritchie. I'm hoping to learn how to position my before / afters like that this weekend so I can judge my improvements in that way.

Have you tried combing it to the side to get more coverage?

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week