Dr Ron Shapiro or Dr Alexander for hairlines

Hi everyone,i have been reading through this site for almost two years now,think its so helpful.This is my first post! im very nervous and after loads of research have narrowed my docs to these two.I find the photos of there hairline work amazing.I am from UK and defo want to go with one of the two.Alot scares me tho! ie,can it go really wrong,i like to wear my hair to buzz cut three,can i still do that.All the work i require is in the temples and around hairline.I guess i am a norwood three at worst.I am 36 years of age and think taking propecia for 4 years has halted my loss.I feel now is the time and want to take the plunge with one of these fantastic docs.I would really appreciate any comments or advice from anyone please on which way to go.

Hi everyone,i have been reading through this site for almost two years now,think its so helpful.This is my first post! im very nervous and after loads of research have narrowed my docs to these two.I find the photos of there hairline work amazing.I am from UK and defo want to go with one of the two.Alot scares me tho! ie,can it go really wrong,i like to wear my hair to buzz cut three,can i still do that.All the work i require is in the temples and around hairline.I guess i am a norwood three at worst.I am 36 years of age and think taking propecia for 4 years has halted my loss.I feel now is the time and want to take the plunge with one of these fantastic docs.I would really appreciate any comments or advice from anyone please on which way to go.

Vovlic,

I am a pt from Dr. Ron Shapiro and I can only tell you from my experience. I personally believe Dr. Shapiro is the best Ht surgeon, especially for hair line reconstruction. I had virtually no hairline before Dr. Shapiro got a hold of me and now I'm happier than I have ever been. Post some pictures to asses whether you can get away with a smaller fue session, which Dr. Shapiro has begun doing. Dr. Alexander does some amazing work also so either way you'll have a nice result. I will be posting my one year pics in a thread next month. You can pm me anytime about my experience with Dr. Shapiro.

This is my opinion and thats all I can offer you, it ultimately comes down to what doctor suits YOU best.

You only live once...

Flip a coin. icon_smile.gif

Really, if you haven't already, do some online consults with both; get some prognoses, and perhaps one of them will meet your fancy moresoe.

Also, given some things you've mentioned, you may want to see if you are a prime case for FUE, as Arrie mentioned.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks guys,can anyone tell me please if the density of transplanted hair on hairline will match the hair i already have there.It is the temples where i require most work and have fairly good coverage and density elsewhere.I am worried by having a transplant in the temporal area i risk the chance of harming the hair i have already

Volvic, have you sent any pics to our clinic for a recommendation? Dr. Alexander's?

If not, post some on here and we'll all have a look see.

At 36, good responder to Propecia---if your donor is good and you have laxity (for strip) you seem to meet the criteria for some pretty high density in the hairline/temples.

Of course, Dr. Shapiro would have to have a look to finalize everything with you, but your requests sound reasonable.

Obviously, I would ask about FUE as well, although we may not be able to accommodate that request, information is always good for prospective patients.

Anyway, feel free to ask away...as you can see, no shortage of good fellows here willing to help out!

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks B spot,i posted some pics to Dr Shapiro a few months back and was quoted around 1500FUT.I have beat myself to death for months on this,constantly worrying about what can go wrong instead of what can be better.My case is almost identical to TROOPICO who had his surgery done by Dr Shapiro.I loved the temple work done on his first surgery blending it into hairline.That is exactly the kind of result i would love.

Ahhh.. so your in the "Waffle" stage--- well don't sweat it..take your time..happens to everyone icon_smile.gif

It might be good to look into FUE as well...your comments about your hair length and donor scar might have you a little jumpy about the procedure.

I can tell you that 1500 strip grafts on a virgin patient will likely result in a very, very thin scar--which would allow you to shave to a #3, but if that is a huge worry or concern--ask to set up a phone consult with Matt and Dr. Shapiro and relay your concerns.

Ultimately, which doctor you decide to go with will do a great job, but talking things out and gaining knowledge is always a good thing!

If there is anything I can do, ask away, or send me a PM

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I did a ton of reasearch when selecting my 4-5th HT to get a natural hairline and my research led me to Ron Shapiro. He was great, the recovery was the best of any HT and the results are 100% natural--nobody can tell. I recommend him for Hairline. For crown work, my research led me to a doctor in Canada.

Best of luck and congrats on the decision.

Originally posted by Arrie:

Post some pictures to asses whether you can get away with a smaller fue session, which Dr. Shapiro has begun doing.

Dear Arrie,

I had a bad surgery in Jan. 2006 here in Germany. Now I'm looking for help and my favorites are Dr. Ron Shapiro, Dr. Rahal and H&W. I didn't know that Dr. Shapiro begun with FUE. Are you sure for 100%? Are there already results to see?

The point is I don't want to have another scar.

Thank you very much,

S.

AJKV--if you already have a strip scar, there is no reason not to do another strip unless your current scar is perfect and you do not want to take a chance on a poor one.

Of course, it is up to you to decide, but it will be a lot cheaper.

Perhaps you could post some pics?

Thanks,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Guys it would be my biased opinion because of the great experience and results, but I wouldn't let anyone else touch my head besides Dr. Shapiro. Ajkv,

Like others said if you already have a scar, and considering what NW level you are and destined to be, going with Dr. Shapiro will not be a disapointment. Chose the doctor that suiits YOU the best and the doc that YOUR most comfortable with.... Good luck

You only live once...