Minoxidil sulfate - Sinere Nanominox -MS ???

Guest eyebrow

Guest eyebrow

Researching alternatives to regular minoxidil products, I came across this new product. The company seems to have come out of nowhere but I just thought I'd throw it out here for feedback based on the ingredients. I don't know if its OK to post the product link but its easy to search.

Background: I used generic minoxidl 5% with no problems for almost a year and I do think it helped, then I tried different formulations... I succeeded in destroying my skin and immune response to products to the point I can't use my old minoxidil anymore - even months later. I was looking for a new minox topical (since it's the only proven topical) and came across research on minoxidil sulfate. Here's one of the links.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2230218

When I did a search on "minox sulfate," I saw this new product being advertised. In addition to using a different form of minox, it's very low in polypropylene glycol which is the major irritant in liquid minoxidil.

Guest eyebrow

Just wanted to add that I know Spectral DNC advertises using minoxidil sulfate, too, but it also has retinol - another potential irritant -and lists redness and irritation as a common side effect. A red flag for me!

damn, you should be a chemist. you always find this stuff and all this research for different products and everything...

Maybe Im lazy. I just wonder: is it worth all the effort? why did you try different "formulations" of minoxidil if you think the original was helping after a year with no problems?

U-G-HHHH, I don't even bother with the regular rogaine foam, let alone all this Dr.Wizard chemistry experiment stuff. Don't get me wrong, if it works for you thats great. But, I just don't see what the bother / hassle is ESPECIALLY if the other stuff was working for you.

best of luck though.

Guest eyebrow

Yeah, I really messed myself up bad this time looking for a new fix! (Caused dermatitis that turned into eczema - problems I never had - even in my ears!) Just FYI - products do migrate. The skin is one organ...

As my daughter says "the internet equals insomnia." There are a ridiculous number of products - mostly snake oil - out there! That's why I'm looking for a new minox solution I can tolerate.

• 8 years later...

Hello,

It has been about 3 and a half months now of me using minoxidil sulfate, 5%. Even though the suggested dosage is 1 ml in the morning and 1 ml in the night. I think I use closer to 5-6 ml's per application.

The results have been quite dramatic. The new follicles that I am growing seem to be thicker than my usual strands.

It took about 4-6 weeks to notice a considerable difference, but I think it is really working great for me.

Also, at about the 4 week mark, I started mixing in DMSO with my 5% minoxidil sulfate . I don't know if it is a coincidence or just time that has elapsed while using minoxidil sulfate, but I really started noticing more and more new follicles at the 5 week mark after using the DMSO since the 4 week mark.

I have read that DMSO works as a great carrier to help the scalp absorb minoxidil subdermally.

I'll post another update after about another month of use or so.

I did some more reading about Minoxidil sulfate that I found interesting.

I read that regular Minoxidil doesn't work on some individuals because they lack a certain naturally produced enzyme on their scalp/skin, & therefore, they will never see any results.

Minoxidil Sulfate takes care of this problem because whether or not the individual has this "enzyme" it will work regardless.

I can't speak for anyone else, but Minox Sulfate has been a God send for me.

I can even see new hairs that are growing well below my normal hairline (about an inch to an inch & a half). So much so, that sometimes I have to pluck them because they are growing too low below my hairline.

But, that could also be because sometimes I'm in a rush and do not properly wash and Minox Sulfate that drips down my forehead.

I should try applying it to the back of my hand as an experiment to see if I grow hair there,lol.

If anyone else has any experience with using minoxidil sulfate or mixing DMSO with minoxidil sulfate, your comments or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Also, the brand of minoxidil sulfate topical that I'm using (with success) contains retinol.

Would anybody have any advice in regards to putting (only a little) DMSO into a product that contains retinol?

I really don't feel much more than light tingle when applying and I apply a lot).

I just can't find any info about mixing DMSO with a minoxidil sulfate topical.

But there a bunch of Pubmed studies that show the added effects of adding retinol to minoxidil to help in hair growth/maintenance.

Thanks in advance for any input or thoughts.

Thanks Dolph,

It's just that, for me, the only topical that seems to work is minoxidil sulfate.

I must be one of those unlucky individuals that does not naturally produce the enzyme on my scalp/skin to make regular minoxidil effective.

Does anyone know if a dermatologist would be able to test for that particular enzyme?

Thanks

• 6 years later...
On 1/17/2017 at 2:42 PM, rachel1967 said:

I don't want to get kicked off the forum for posting links or brand names

But, if you search "minoxidil sulfate" it on ebay.

It should pop up. It's the only brand sold in the USA.

Hope this helped.

I don't think there are any issues with posting brand names, especially if they are positive reviews.  I'd appreciate learning of where to purchase Min Sulfate.  Regular Min isn't working for me (topical or oral).  Looking forward to your reply, thanks..

5 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Minoxidil sulphate is when minoxidil converts to this in the body. The best way to achieve this is through the liver by taking oral minoxidil.

Still very risky, especially to the heart, if you take minox orally please get check ups on a regular basis.

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, ssimpson7511 said:

Still very risky, especially to the heart, if you take minox orally please get check ups on a regular basis.

It should be prescribed by a dermatologist who specializes in all forms of hair loss. Surgery is always a last resort and you always start low on oral minoxidil.