Undetecable results possible?

A unspectacular but for me most important question is if the results are undetecable, in sunlight as well as under neon light?

A member of a german forum told me that he is able to detect every HT no matter which doctor made the surgery.

I'm happy about every comment...

A unspectacular but for me most important question is if the results are undetecable, in sunlight as well as under neon light?

A member of a german forum told me that he is able to detect every HT no matter which doctor made the surgery.

AJKV,

Depending on your level of hair loss, the result may appear a little thin in certain lights, but I believe first-rate surgeons today can make a hair transplant undetectable.

Oddly enough, my wife and I were over a couple's house last night that we are friends with (neither of them know I had a hair transplant), but the husband is verging on a norwood 6 but with more natural hair than me. Somehow we got on the topic of baldness and he said how envious he was of my hair and that there is no sign of loss. Little did he know that I had less natural hair than he did.

Best wishes,

Bill

i seriously doubt that this german guy can detect every HT. Anybody can claim something on an internet forum. Hey, i'm dating jessica biel.... Just look at the work for yourself. The docs on this site all perform the highest quality work and the transplants all look very natural.

If you go to a good surgeon and have plenty of donor hair, there is no way to really tell. If you have limited donor, then a person who is used to seeing HT, like experience paitent or doctor, might be able to see some thin area in direct sunlight or utlraviolet lighting, but it will only look naturally thinning with a good surgeon and couldnt be seperated from natural thinning person? I too can tell 80% of HT I see because the are not "natural looking" I have seen a few that were good that I couldn tell.

SMOOTHY

Propecia/Rogain

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo

Zrii Daily

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

AJKV,

Depending on your level of hair loss, the result may appear a little thin in certain lights, but I believe first-rate surgeons today can make a hair transplant undetectable.

Even a little thin I think is still better than noticeably thin. icon_smile.gif

That said, under light you can see my scalp - but that doesn't mean I have had one. I'm not sure what the correlation between light and a HT is? could someone please explain? Or have I misinterpreted something here?

Originally posted by Smoothy:

If you go to a good surgeon and have plenty of donor hair, there is no way to really tell. If you have limited donor, then a person who is used to seeing HT, like experience paitent or doctor, might be able to see some thin area in direct sunlight or utlraviolet lighting, but it will only look naturally thinning with a good surgeon and couldnt be seperated from natural thinning person? I too can tell 80% of HT I see because the are not "natural looking" I have seen a few that were good that I couldn tell.

SMOOTHY

Propecia/Rogain

MSM/Saw Palmetto

Nioxin Shampoo

Zrii Daily

Even when your donor hair is not excellent - how can the ht still be detected. For example say you are a norwood 6, you have your HT done - of course your not going to get the coverage or density you once had - but still would you not just look like someone who is losing hair? I mean, someone who has hair loss does not look like they have had a hair transplant do they?

I guess that with plenty donor the doctor can dense pack the hairline and has not to mind wheter the donor has enough reserve or not...!?!

Today I saw the first time in my life a patient from Dr. Hasson, he is 15 month post op. Really really amazing and exactly the result I wanted to have when I had my surgery in 2006. Unfortunately my result was bullsh...

Our German friend can claim what he likes when he likes.

The jobs he's "spotting" are just that....the ones he "can" spot.

The great jobs are the ones he can't see...even with his amazing powers.....lol.

MH

Originally posted by AJKV:

No HT is going to give you the density you had before hair loss however the results produced by the top-notch surgeons are undetectable unless it is a person who knew you well prior to the surgery. A friend of mine who I've known for 20 years and see maybe every 3-5 mos or so saw me a couple weeks back and he had no clue save to say I looked good, younger, thinner and everything else except a HT. Once I told him I had a HT he couldn't stop looking , saying 'That's amazing, I had no idea they could do that'

Maybe this fellow you mentioned knows everyone who has ever had a HT and has before and after pics of em. Either that or he has way too much time on his hands.

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 2 weeks later...

eyebrow,

It's funny that the Associate Publisher of the Hair Transplant Network wouldn't divulge the truth to everyone about their hair transplant - especially a fellow balding person icon_smile.gif. But despite my passion to help hair loss sufferers on and offline, the reality is, like many who've gotten a hair transplant, I'm selective about who I tell. It's not a matter of being ashamed, but simply because if you think about the purpose of a hair transplant, it's to feel better about yourself and draw LESS attention to your head. A hair transplant is much more interesting than a balding head, and will certainly draw many more eyes. Therefore, I tell some and not others.

Best wishes,

Bill