csofrank

Yeah, it was red alright the first night. But now most of it is gone. I think I could have gone back to work in 3 days if I wanted to. Very happy to say the least. To me this is quite amazing since the doc was able to reach a density of close to 35 to 40 FU/CM. Just looking at it, that looks more denser than my original hair.....

Now comes the itching part. It is especially frustrating since part of the scalp is still numb. So even if I scratch it, it doesn't feel anything............... Graphcyte does help a little but does not relieve the itching 100%

Looks like all went well. I can't believe how you've healed after only a few days. Looks like you've got a pretty good supply of hair behind the work so blending in while recovering shouldn't be too hard. You may want to consider parting it on the side while your HT hair is growing to blend in, then go back to your original style once it's long enough to do something with.

Congrats to you and best of luck during the recovery phase.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Fantastic results. I'm nearly two months post-op from 1662 in the hairline and I know what you mean about undetectable results after one week. Your hair looked very good prior! What were your goals - to lower the hairline?

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

M&M

Yes I did it to lower my hairline. I have no visible thinning in the area that have hair. But I do have a tiny area in my vortex that I asked the doc to fill in while he did my frontal work.

It is undetectable if I lower my existing hair. I check myself in the mirror about twice a day when I go pee. There hasn't been a case when I found out my hair was not able to cover the HT hair.

I live with my roommate now. There is onetime after I got out of shower and combed my hair back. He wanted to talk to me and I had to show myself. I don't think he even noticed with my wet hair and combed back.............

How is ur transplanted hair now? Have they all fallen out?

cso

cso - Yes, I think they've pretty much all fallen out, but there's a few hanging in there and a few that have actually fallen out and are now growing (about 1mm long). It's not even noticeable, but it's exciting nonetheless! I'm just days away from 2-months post-op, so I'm staring at my scalp every day. Good luck with yours!

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

• 9 months later...

csofrank, M&M, and JakeVig

Do any of you have any updated pictures within the past month or so? I am really impressed with the hairlines that both Shapiros have created and am considering contacting their clinic. Are all of you satisfied with the outcome (thickness, location of the hairline, limited scarring of donor area)? Also, do any of you have pictures of the donor area(s)? I'm wondering how it healed and if it is easily visible with short hair.

Thanks!

Wow

Your result is going to be awesome and so gradual nobody will notice.. You will surely get comments like "you look different or younger" due to the lowered hairline

Good luck and let us know

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Again I'll mention looking at the "posted" date in the upper left corner of the threads. I don't think csofrank has posted for quite some time.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 1 year later...