Thinking about ordering some RU58841

Matt Skiba

Well now that my libido has been repaired (and raised above what it was before finasteride), I get to start worrying about my hair yet again.

I believe it's possible to get a hold of this stuff as a research chemical from a laboratory, though I hear it is expensive, about 400 bucks for a 6 month's supply.

This stuff is supposedly a very, very powerful topical anti-androgen, and seeing as how finasteride is out of the question for me, I might have some good success with this stuff, especially in combination with xandrox and ketoconazole shampoo.

A guy apparently had some good success using this stuff while doing a pro-hormone cycle in the following thread..

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/21961-hair-loss-prevention-33.html

I think it might be in powder form, which would possibly need to be mixed with a delivery agent, which I know where to get a hold of complete with a sprayer. icon_smile.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well now that my libido has been repaired (and raised above what it was before finasteride), I get to start worrying about my hair yet again.

I believe it's possible to get a hold of this stuff as a research chemical from a laboratory, though I hear it is expensive, about 400 bucks for a 6 month's supply.

This stuff is supposedly a very, very powerful topical anti-androgen, and seeing as how finasteride is out of the question for me, I might have some good success with this stuff, especially in combination with xandrox and ketoconazole shampoo.

A guy apparently had some good success using this stuff while doing a pro-hormone cycle in the following thread..

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/21961-hair-loss-prevention-33.html

I think it might be in powder form, which would possibly need to be mixed with a delivery agent, which I know where to get a hold of complete with a sprayer. icon_smile.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can get it from Faith Eagle laboratories in China.

http://www.f-e-lab.com/

And I guess with proper weighing out and whatnot you could make the powder into a 5% topical solution, the exact mechanism by which to do so I am still researching and perfecting icon_wink.gif. I really want to make sure I don't use an agent that's too strong and makes the stuff absorb beyond the skin into the bloodstream, cause really we don't even know what the hell we are dealing with over here, all I know is that this stuff is a very powerful topical anti-androgen, and is possibly even stronger than oral finasteride.

Matt

I am a bit surprised someone as passionate about the pitfalls of Propecia ( side effects) would consider trying an experimental drug? I would be very hesitant myself & I consider myself fairly open to treatments...

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by Bill:

Matt,

I hope you spend some time doing some serious research before you just go ahead and buy such an experimental drug. If this is indicative of how you decided to get on Propecia - then you should be more angry at yourself than the drug companies.

Best wishes,

Bill

You know what you could be right, apparently this is the problem with flutamide.

This is a good read on it right here:

http://www.farrellmanual.com/educate/flutamide_side_effects.htm

Taking Propecia is one thing but an experiemental drug is far more of a risk

Be careful!!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

RU in particular is usually said to have remarkably little systemic absorption. Not everyone has gotten the much-hyped great results on their hair from the stuff, however I can't remember ever reading of anyone complaining about systemic effects from it. It seems to have proved a lot safer than Flutamide on this issue.

It's a risk, but it's not the worst thing I've heard of people trying for MPB. (I think I'd personally worry more about taking systemic Dutasteride than topical RU, and Dut is already legally prescribed & sold in pills.)

I've thought about trying RU myself, and I'd be very curious about what you get out of it if pursue this. I hear that the stuff is very sensitive to storage conditions. That issue may well have kept it off the mass market (impractical). Take great care with it or lose it.

There's also the dosage & vehicle issues. You'd need to have it in something that absorbs well. And the dosage is a problem too. Too much is pissing money, and too little negates the gains. There's probably a fine line between the two.

Good luck if you pursue this. Keep us posted.

Iv'e stumbled onto other MPB message boards where more people have tried this stuff in the past; you might get more informed/experienced advice poking around one of those places.

------------------------------------------------

• 2 years later...

I was just wondering if anyone is seeing results who is using this RU58841? There was alot of jargon in the article that giants provided the link to but it seems to suggest it should be used in combination with minoxidil, in which case the benefit of only applying it once a day unlike minox is negated.

I personally would steer clear of any therapy that hasn't been proven to be safe in humans. Effectiveness in a handful of animals doesn't mean it will work in humans.

Someone mentioned it won't be absorbed systemically - that's not the case at all. The drug is lipophilic - meaning it will cross the skin and be absorbed into the bloodstream.

In fact, with products like shampoos and the like, a surprising amount of active ingredient is absorbed.

If you do go ahead with an experimental drug - you risk doing more harm than good.

My advice, if you can't take Finasteride, is to look into topical finasteride. Someone mentioned on the forums recently that Hasson and Wong have a guy that compounds it for their patients who can't take the tablet. It's worth a shot.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

• 1 year later...