Any positive stories from rogain or prop? lol

LucasCK

Rogaine - exacerbated my hair loss. Dried out my scalp and caused irritation. I have no faith in this product. My derm keeps recommending that I try the foam. He recommends Rogaine because he has been using it to treat his crown/vertex for several years. I find this ironic since all he has is this long strand which he uses to comb over a wide balding area.

I first visited with my derm in 2003. His own hair loss situation gets worse each year. He told me he will not use finasteride to treat MPB and only uses Rogaine. He prescribes finasteride; however, he first goes over the side effects and possible impact on the body's hormonal balance at great lengths before he writes you the prescription. I recently switched to Avodart. He wouldn't prescribe me Avodart. I had to get the Avodart prescription from a general practitioner.

LucasCK,

Propecia and Rogaine both work a lot better in areas of thinning hair and when hair loss is caught early. Only hair transplant surgery is proven to grow hair in completely bald areas.

See Jupiter's Propecia and Rogaine blog for an example of Propecia and Rogaine working.

I remember how skeptical he was in the beginning, so I'm thrilled it's working for him. Thanks to Jupiter for documenting his progress.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

what are these stories lucas? from my research of this site id say 95% are ok on it, but alot of people suffer mild symptoms, that seem to go after time. I was on them for a month and did not really have any major affects,but did notice a slight ache in the balls! The problem with the internet is, you could type in a low risk symptons; say headache and temp, and it would say you might have menningtius or a brain tumuor, however that is highly unlikely. Bad stories tend to get more 'air time', than normal ones!