Any reputed Scandinavian docs?

Hello

I am a 21 year old male, who is strongly considering an HT. I have tried half a year on Rogaine, which worked for a short while, then stopped. I realise that alot of people would advice against it, but seeing as how my hairloss isnt progressed much the past two years, combined with the amount of discomfort my hair gives me, im willing to give it a shot (even if it means having to go under a second one in 2-3 years)

I am probably a Norwood 2?? at this time.

The problem is that i am Scandinavian (danish to be exact) And i would really hate it, if i had to travel to the US or Belgium. Do people have any good experiences with scandinavian doctors, and who were they?

Thanks, mike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Hello

I am a 21 year old male, who is strongly considering an HT. I have tried half a year on Rogaine, which worked for a short while, then stopped. I realise that alot of people would advice against it, but seeing as how my hairloss isnt progressed much the past two years, combined with the amount of discomfort my hair gives me, im willing to give it a shot (even if it means having to go under a second one in 2-3 years)

I am probably a Norwood 2?? at this time.

The problem is that i am Scandinavian (danish to be exact) And i would really hate it, if i had to travel to the US or Belgium. Do people have any good experiences with scandinavian doctors, and who were they?

Thanks, mike.

Hmm, not much activity in my thread. Am i not expressing myself clearly, or is my question not an easy one to answer?

Guest wanthairs

i gues that means noone knows any good scandinavian docs....

If I were you, I would be prpared to travel to US or canada. There are a few doctors here with so many references it would be much easier.

This is playing with your life afterall.

So i take it that Dr. Ilter only makes FUE? I was kinda planning on FUT, since a scar doesnt mean much to me, and im not that rich.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for more replies icon_smile.gif

MikeTheDane,

Though we don't currently recommend any quality hair restoration clinics directly in Scandinavia, further south we have a number of reputable hair restoration clinics that perform solid follicular unit transplantation.

I believe the closest hair restoration physicians to you are:

Dr. Feriduni is one of our Coalition physicians who performs ultra refined follicular unit transplantation

Dr. K??lah?§i is also recommended on our network and performs quality follicular unit transplantation as well.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Hi Dane

For the money you are going to spend I would just take a trip to Canada or the US. With a weak dollar you can do this for about 4-5 hundred bucks.

No sense in risking it

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Though I certainly would never discredit our U.S. and Canadian elite physicians, with Dr. Feriduni practically in his backyard (at least compared to US and Canada), I see no reason to advise him to travel all the way across the globe.

Click here to see the highlights of Pat's (the Publisher of our Community) visit to his clinic.

Best wishes,

Bill

True

But I would assume the prices/taxes in EU are so high that he could probably, fly here , stay at a nicer hotel, and go with a top 10 'er and still save money.. The dollar is at a recrod low vs the EURO now. The EURO is up 70% vs the dollar

( I'm not smaart just say it on Cnn haha)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Thanks for all your replies. I will definitely look into the physicians that Bill suggested, and get back to you in the near future.

I did have a meet with a danish counsoler, who seemed credible, realistic and non-hasty so that was a pleasent experience. Im interested in comments on her viewpoints

1) as a norwood 2-3, she suggested that i got around 4000 hairs at 1600 grafts, concentrated around my retreating temples to create a natural hairline, and the frontal part of my skalp which is rather thin. However, the furthest part would be left untouched(due to a max of 4000 per session).

2) She strongly advices for FUT, as due to my age, later hairloss quantity would be hard to evaluate, and as such i might run out of donor hair using FUE.

3) She told me that the result wont be as it was when i was 15, but close enough to fool anyone. She said that they could achieve around 50 grafts/cm2 on both temples and scalp. Thats fairly decent isnt it?

The advice she gave you seems honest & realistic. Personally I'd go up to 2000 grafts as a NW 2.5, but you're in the ballpark.

However, you're 21 years old... that's real young for HT. I was 27 and I was still on the young side. So, be conservative.

And seriously, think about taking a trip to the US. If you go in the off-season (fall/winter) you'll be paying $600 for a round-trip ticket, that's nothing next to what you'll pay for a HT.

Thanks to both..

Yes i know that im young. Fortunately my hairloss seems to have somewhat stabilized over the last 2 years. In regards to the grafts, 1600 grafts is the maximum for this clinic in one day.

She also suggested that i went on propecia (or specifically proscar - she said that they had the same effect, but proscar was cheaper) post-surgery for atleast a year.

Im still considering going to europe, belgium and netherlands specifically.Right now the choices are feriduni, kulahci and heitmann. Are there any others i should consider? And i would like more feedback on other peoples experiences with the above doctors.

• 3 weeks later...

2002622290905343317_th.jpg

2002696808243552041_th.jpg

I have uploaded photos of myself. Im very interested in hearing oppinions on how many grafts i would require to receive a natural, homeogenic look?

Thanks for the advice. I have read both, and im fully aware of the riscs and issues connected to being this young.

My hairloss is not that small i believe - atleast i was informed that 1600 grafts might not be able to cover it all. The lighting doesnt clearly show the thinness of the scalp. Either way, its alot to me.

It was also discussion at my consultation with the danish doctor, and i believe that we took our precautions, but feel free to comment:

a) Im aware that i might need, and willing to have, future operations in 2-5 years if nessesary. Money is not an issue as long as we're talking FUT.

b) She would be conservative when placing the grafts, and attempting to forestall predicted future loss by extra density behind hairlines and temples (thus, if regression, would visually still appear full)

Mike.

Hello again. Just for clarifications, what is the difference between Strip and FUT? Thanks.

With strip you cut out a portion of your scalp and then the surgeon uses that to rremove the grafts that he later inserts into you donor are.

Strip leaves a scar that makes it impossible for you to wear your hair really short in the future. So you cant shave your head later in life.

FUE is the removal of individual grafts from the back of your head. This also leaves scarring but since you have many tiny scars rather than i huge scar you can wear your hair very short and people will not be able to tell.

In terms of results, the results from strip are sofar more consistent and you can do bigger numbers for a lot less money.

You look like you need a lot more that 1600 grafts judging by your picture.

If you only go with 1600 then maybe FUE is an option.

I would recommend you contact some of the top strip surgeons in the states as they are much better than the European ones. Dr hasson in Canada is probably the best overall.

I said strip and FUT, not FUE. While doing some research i found claims that strip was an older procedure than FUT.

Mike-- don't stress about this--strip and FUT are still strip surgeries.

It is like FUE/FIT-- same thing---

You should focus on doctors that provide consistently superior results and meet your needs/wants/criteria in order to ensure a successful surgery.

Given the state of the dollar v. Euro, it might be a very solid financial decision to come to the states.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.