Any reputed Scandinavian docs?

Hello again.

As you can no doubt guess, i had the HT done. I am quiet satisfied so far, though its hard to tell before 9 months, i've still got a pretty good assumption of how it's going to look.

Its been about 22 days since i had it done.

The first 3 days i barely slept, as i was unable to find a proper position that didnt either hurt, or i was risking lying on newly transplanted hair. My forehead also swell quiet a bit. But enough about that. I've taken a few pictures on my 20'th day of surgery, as well as one on the first day.

2001484767877071087_th.jpg

Day 1

2001441673466467263_th.jpg

Day 20, back+scar

2001453023255363011_th.jpg

Day 20, top

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

As you can tell, i did not have my temples lowered much, due to my age and the uncertainty of the future.

I received 1650 grafts, and 3987 hairs, most of them where focussed on thickening my frontal scalp, and the rest either planted behind my existing temples (to help with a fuller look, if i in the future should lose more) or diffusely thickening some of the upper/rear scalp. I was given about 30-35 g/cm2, thats fairly nice, considering i had some there already. The little the temples were lowered(which might have been a centimeter tops), were done at about 45-50 g/cm2, and the upper/rear scalp at about 20.

At the moment i am shedding quiet a bit, and the scar is still a bit sore. I've started proscar 5mg, which i divide into 4 seperate parts, making it 1.25mg. Funny how 200 proscar pills cost 30$(enough for 800 days), but 30 propecia pills(30 days) would cost 50$. I am also using regaine on my temples, and doing quiet alot of massage on them.

So i guess theres nothing left to do but keep rubbing and wait icon_smile.gif

Thanks.

I had it done by a danish clinic known as medica klinik. I have nothing but praise for them. My doctor was Mohammed Khalil - friendly, and serious about his work.

Thanks alot. I didnt expect anyone to know of any danish doctors anyway, so its all in good sports.

I will post pictures once again when i reach 3 months. Until then, godspeed to all of you.

MiketheDane,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant surgery. I have not heard of Dr. Khalil and am not familiar with his work. Of course, we wish you a nice head of hair and hope everything works out as anticipated!

From the size and clarity of the pictures posted, it's very difficult to get a feel for how things look postoperative. The donor scar (from the picture) does appear a bit high which is a little concerning - but again, hard to tell from these pictures.

I am glad to hear that being a diffuse thinner that you are taking Proscar to help combat against future hair loss. I hope also Rogaine will help you as well. After the recipient area heals a bit, I encourage you to use the Rogaine on top of your head too (and not just the temples). When finasteride and minoxodil are used combined, you have the best chance of regrowing hair.

I encourage you also to create a hair loss weblog to share your experience and photos with us.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill. You are right, unfortunately i only have a shitty webcam. But judging by other peoples transplants, the work does not appear sub-par.

On the picture of my back of my head, i am tilting my head forward, which is why it appears so high. I've peaked a bit into your own hairloss journal, and the scar is placed the exact same place as your first one.

Did you notice any improvement with finestaride+regaine (regaine - rogaine, same thing?) I was informed that regaine on areas with existing hair (i.e my crown) might cause irritation and mucus, and actually contributing to a hairloss, but on places with no hair (temples) was fine, since there would be better ventilation of the area.

Rogaine and Regaine are the same things.

One of the side effects of this medication is scalp irritation which may be what you are referring to. I have heard (but not tried) that the Rogaine Foam is much less of scalp irritant.

Rogaine won't facilitate hair loss however, there might be an initial shedding period that will go away after the first few months. This shedding, though inconvenient is actually a sign of the medication working and the hair will grow back stronger and thicker.

Personally, I think if you are going to start using Rogaine that it would be best to wait at least until your recipient area has healed and all the scabs are gone. But combining that with finasteride is the best attack you have against future hair loss and may even regrow hair.

Bill

I see. Thats good news.. How do you manage to rub the regaine into your crown(asuming that it isnt bald)?

Being young, do i have improved chances of regrowing hair this way?

Mike,

You can "rub" the foam into your crown the same way as any other part of your head.

I have found that hair loss medication like Propecia and Rogaine work best when hair loss is minimal but certainly has worked regrow hair even in areas of extreme loss. At the very least, in my opinion, it's worth a try.

Bill

Seeing as how my crown loss is moderate at best, my odds are pretty good i asume?

My regaine is not a foam, its a liquid in a spray, thus harder to apply in hairy areas.

Oh, and you are an enormous contribution to these forums and its people. I hope you stay for a long time.