ht's in uk

Guest wanthairs

Hi Taurus....

Ive heard some good things about "the farjo clinic" In UK, but ive consistently heard dreadfull things about many others...I cant say I know enough about these people but you should look up on the search menu a guy called"Balody" who sings their praises.

Quite frankly I said "f-it" and came to the US to do mine. With the exchange rate so much in the UK's favour it would be cheaper and you could go to someone with loads of references....Good Luck !!!

hi taurus,since the last time you posted about ht in the uk, pat the publisher of this community visited clinics around europe.on his journey he visited the farjo clinic and reported that they were well on par with anything he had seen in the u.s. or canada.please do your research and keep your mind open.do not judge uk clinics on hearsay alone.read pats review he is neutral and has nothing to "gain" in recommending certain drs.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Balody---there are numerous accounts here and on many other sites detailing the poor work that the UK has been turning out on a consistant basis.

So while Pat may have seen the process of a few clinics, that does not undo the poor work that has plagued that side of the world for ever.

At this point in time, why not point patients to a PROVEN doctor who produces great work on a much more consistant basis?

How about you offer your postive experience at the Farjo clinic instead of shitting on the poor sods who have been through the wringer.

There is no hearsay involved--- spend some time looking around and looking at the pics that are out there.

I am happy with the work I have seen by the Farjo clinic recently.

I am VERY happy that you are happy with your work as well--- (baldie to baldie)

At the same time let's not get in a rush to anoint the UK as superior or equal to the work being performed by US/Canadian top docs.

These docs represent the least risk to a patient, IMO.

Good Luck either way Taurus!!!

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

b spot,i have read many horror stories about uk clinics.are they true? ive no idea.all i do know is that if i had taken it all as gospel i would never have gone to farjo or rogers for a consultation as these two drs had been tarred with the same brush.i would not have seen evidence of previous patients proceedures.i would not have seen the premises for the surgery.i doubt i would have even met the dr who would be taking my scalp to bits and redistributing it.as far as im aware i would be doing an online consult or maybe meeting a man in a pub who works for a foreign dr,then jumping on a plane for 7 or 8 hour flight to a country i am not familiar with.as for the flying thing i wonder how many guys are sitting at home with no hope left because they are scared of being "butchered" in the uk but to terrified to get on a plane to the states.i could also sing the praises of the farjos all day long,but i also dont want to be seen as selling them which as far as im concerned goes on a bit to much on sites like these.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

Hi Taurus,

Ive had 2 HTs in the UK with what i believe are poor results icon_frown.gif I would say you need to go to the US or Canada for the best results. I am considering H&W for my next HT.

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

Though this is personal opinion only...

I'm not sure if Farjo clinic is on par with some of the top American/Canadian doctors at this point.

I admit, I am still collecting data, however, there has not been one single session posted (by the clinic either mind you) that has wow'ed me.

However...they DO appear to do solid follicular unit transplantation, and I stand by Pat's evaluation that they are indeed a solid clinic.

There are other good prospects in the UK also...

I recommend reading the following thread which is Pat's review of some of his recent visit to the UK.

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/209...1037323?r=7811030423

Bill

Dazza,

Have you posted your pictures of your previous HTs on another thread? If not, would you consider sharing your experience and photos with us or point us to the thread where you do?

Hasson and Wong is truly an excellent choice if you do select them. I always recommend consulting with and researching in great detail at least THREE top clinics before making a decision, however.

Good luck.

Bill

Originally posted by dazza uk:

Hi Taurus,

Ive had 2 HTs in the UK with what i believe are poor results icon_frown.gif I would say you need to go to the US or Canada for the best results. I am considering H&W for my next HT.

Hi dazza, did you have both your HT's with the same clinic in the UK? Which one(s)? If you don't mind me asking...

Balody, there is no reason not to simply state that your happy with your results and your experience.... that is in no way selling your clinic.

When someone asks about UK hairtransplants, that includes you and your valuable experience!

I am only attaching a bit of caution to the process of selecting a HT doc and to steer people to stories depicting others results.

You asked if the stories are true?

Is yours?

Everything can be spun, so hopefully Taurus can decipher fact from fiction and make a good choice.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Hey Guys,

My 1st HT was with the Hospital Group(wellesborne) 750grafts gave me a v sparse hairline and a fat ugly scar. 2nd HT with Dr Rodgers 1500grafts better experience most grafts placed further back from hairline. Hairline still looks sparse and pluggy. Had an online consult with H&W they say i will need about 3000g. Think i am gonna send pics have an online consult with Dr Feller. I would upload my pics but it seems to take a long time then it doesnt work?

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

Originally posted by balody:

icon_mad.gifb spot,see what i mean!so many negative storys,never a photo to back them up!dazza do your best mate and try and get them pics up.

Gonna email pics to spex and he will post them on here for me(thanks). Only prob is that i dont think i have any before pics. Have tried to get my before pics from 1st HT but with no luck!

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

spex,of course pics are needed that is why dr feller and yourself post photos of your patients.as for assesment in person if that person was neutral and not working for another dr it might be acceptable.as for dr rogers, pat has just reviewed his clinic and has said with a bit of fine tuning could be world class.he hasnt visited the wellesbourne.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

Hi everyone, I havent posted on here for a long time... since I had my repair with Dr Feller (this was in Dec06).

I can only tell you that I had a very bad experience with Nobel Hair Clinc in UK. I also know of other guys that have been left with equally bad results.

They took a fairly big strip and I have been told from that size scar, they would have removed at least 1500 grafts! But, all they gave me was 200! and I presume the rest were thrown in the dustbin as scrap! This is something I am totally gutted about and I have lost a great deal of self confidence about for years.

I am now 7 months post op (repair) and things are looking up! I didnt even know there were any world class Dr's in USA?! I was so upset about my situation and it was getting worse... well.. tbh... I was looking for some last help on the internet as I was suffering very bad depression and i wasnt in a good way at all... thats all i will say.

But I can show you a few pics of my Nobel UK surgery... and also below is my repair so far as I am approaching 7 months next week.

After the UK surgery..I was left with terrible scar tissue that I still have and will never lose! There 'results' left me with what looked like pubic hair on my hairline and every hair was pointing a different direction and very thick and uncontrolable.. the donor area was a thick scar from ear to ear (it making me a bit upset even thinking about it as i type this)

sickeninggrafts.jpg

nobelgrafts.jpg

HTs.jpg

My repair work has been slow but this is mostly down to all the scar tissue slowing this new growth down I think. But I'm almost at 7 months after Dr Feller repaired my bad UK work. I had 3100 grafts in the front half and also my scar with 80-90% repaired with a couple of small areas that I will FUE to fill the gaps.. but also my scar has stretched a bit since.

This was post op..

before2.jpg

This is me at the moment at 7 months..

top1.jpg

sun2.jpg

sun7.jpg

back2.jpg

I feel it is only right to share my experience with you guys who are considering having your HT in the UK! as mine ruined my life and I would only say to anyone considering a HT.. please just buy a plane ticket and go to USA or Canada. I havent even been on a plane since I was a little kid and did the whole journey alone, and even though I was a bit nervous to start with travelling this far. I quite enjoyed the experience and I actually saved money as the currency rate is so good.

Hope this is useful to someone.. and I wish you the best in your judgement. I am not 'Pro' any top USA/CANADA clinic... there are some great HT dr's there and the choice has to be personal and your own, but your results will be superb if you chose wisely. But I am anti-UK clinics as I have seen and talked to other guys that have been treated just as badly or worse than me.

Take care guys.

ok now we are getting somewhere.thanks dazza,but without the befores of each ht we cant put your current situation into perspective.i agree it does look quite see through at the front in some pics can you tell us who did what and when?badhair that was criminal what nobel did and im glad you have a result now,but what i am forever trying to get across is that you will get bad clinics anywhere and you cant rule out a whole nation on the results of one or two.i always hear bosley being rubbished does this mean you shouldnt have surgery in america so go to canada?

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

You know, Balody has a good point there! Can you imagine a couple of guys coming from Europe after having seen a Bosley commercial? They get one of the HUNDREDS of inexperienced doctors employed by that company, and return home scarred, angry, broke, and end up with terrible results six months later. Well, Bosley is HUGE in the US right, as is MHR? So as far as these guys and all their friends and family know, DO NOT go to the US for txplant; they are butchers. ??

Also, badhairUK, you have more fortitude than I young man. Why? Because you are here writing instead of in prison for assault with intent to kill. I am very happy that you were able to overcome the emotional side effects of what they did and persevere to get it repaired. Congratulations!

And with dazzauk, regardless of what his "before" pics look like, got screwed. Period. I hope he can also get that fixed. Good luck to you wherever you chose to have surgery.

Originally posted by balody:

ok now we are getting somewhere.thanks dazza,but without the befores of each ht we cant put your current situation into perspective.i agree it does look quite see through at the front in some pics can you tell us who did what and when?badhair that was criminal what nobel did and im glad you have a result now,but what i am forever trying to get across is that you will get bad clinics anywhere and you cant rule out a whole nation on the results of one or two.i always hear bosley being rubbished does this mean you shouldnt have surgery in america so go to canada?

Thanks balody, I can understand that you want to see more bad UK work. (I havent seen any good work yet from UK!) I have seen more than I need to see to tell me, I am not a one off incident. But I dont want to go into this in detail as it would take a while or mention other people that may not want to be spoken about.

In some respect, I was lucky to have not gone back like many guys do that are told they need more work to 'improve it'! This is shocking! They lose all there donor hair and end up without any posibility of a USA/CANADA repair! (when I say USA/CANADA... I am presuming we all know the best Dr's in these countries! I havent named names purely as i dont know if I should, but in this case.. Dr Feller or Hasson & Wong would be either of my choices if I was looking and new to this, of course there are others which are very good but some which are not like Bosley!)

So.. I have something to be grateful for.. but inside... I am far from grateful for what they did to me OR to other people.

There are only 2 clinics in the UK that have any remote chance of not leaving you worse off. The 2 I have read and seen in the UK are Farjo and Rogers. The better of these 2 I would say would be Farjo but this is only better of these 2 in the UK! Rogers seems an ethical dr.. but the results have not been good from hearing about them at 'repair' consulation meetings! and hardly ANY evidence of any of his results.. THIS IS A WARNING SIGN!

Compared to the high quality work in USA/CANADA.. the HT skill of the Dr's is in a different league there!

This is just my own opinion though. If you would like to have a UK HT.. its all about your own personal goal... But why an earth would anyone take this risk? It just doesnt make any sence when there are the best Dr's waiting and you know your in safe hands from the 1000's of posts from successful patients on these forums.

I wish everyone the very best... sorry to type so much.. icon_wink.gif

Take care.

Originally posted by pushing 40:

Also, badhairUK, you have more fortitude than I young man. Why? Because you are here writing instead of in prison for assault with intent to kill. I am very happy that you were able to overcome the emotional side effects of what they did and persevere to get it repaired. Congratulations!

Thanks for this reply, yes.. it had crossed my mind.. but I dont like porridge much! I didnt even care about losing my money! (at the time) I just felt like a freak and hid away from friends for years and years!

Thanks for sharing your photos mates.

Best of luck to each of you.

I DO wish that better results were being turned out in the UK.

We are watching a case by Rogers right now that at 6 months has 10% growth and obviously poor angulation.

There a many others out there if one wants to look hard enough, and regardless of what someone thinks, the proof is in the results.

I feel the same about India, Pakistan, Australia, Ireland, etc, etc, etc..

(with the exception of Woods, but who wants to deal with him?)

Just make sure you see many patients in person if you have doubts--- that will answer your questions for the most part.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs