Pimples after the 8 month? Could this be a sign of further growth?

I'm closing in on the 9 month mark and my lack of density has been well documented on my blag. The right side is particularly sparse. Anyway, this morning I woke up with a pimple in that area. Could this be a sign of new activity so late in the game? I don't think I've heard of anyone getting pimples at this stage. Anyone else experience this?

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I'm closing in on the 9 month mark and my lack of density has been well documented on my blag. The right side is particularly sparse. Anyway, this morning I woke up with a pimple in that area. Could this be a sign of new activity so late in the game? I don't think I've heard of anyone getting pimples at this stage. Anyone else experience this?

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

TTP,

Yes, I have just experienced a couple and I am at month seven. Mine are a little more towards the crown which is where things have been lagging a little. I though for sure I would be done gaining density around month 6 but at month 7 it is getting thicker and I still get a few pimples here and there.

Hi TTP,

My name is John. I post under the screen name John Malloy. I like you, unfortunately, am very unhappy with my Ht's. I had my second 5.5 months ago and don't see any improvement yet. Is it me or is this a bad year for Ht's . I did not know there were this many people having trouble with density. Shame on me I guess. You can see my pics on the thread how long until I'm hatless under the Q&A section. Well, good luck, and I wish you the best.

I had 1600 grafts put in (Class 3) at the end of last November, but have yet to see any (there is almost none, some fuzziness) growth - Dr. E. said that I could be just a slow grower - Do you think that is true? Had FUE done in the front. Almost have given up.

Hang in there Plunge. After my first surgery, I did see a difference from month 9 to month 13 (before round 2).

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Originally posted by TakingThePlunge:

I'm not going to lie, I think this is a case of poor yield. At nine months you should have more. I have never seen a late spring in growth, only thickening which aids the "illusion of density".

I would contact Alexander for a refund. His work is usually very good, but on any given day, there are numerous factors that could interfere to cause poor yield.

Perhaps they introduced new techs in the cutting phase who damaged hairs. Or perhaps the planting techs were having problems getting them in. Or maybe therre was a bateria in the office that caused poor healing. Or maybe .. . there are so many factors.

The doctors who have the most great results are the ones who control ALL the variables.

Not going to sugar coat it for you. Rather than hoping for late growth, I would already be making plans for #2, and I wouldnt consider Alexander for repair because something in his process caused poor growth for you.

Thanks for the input everyone! The range of experiences and opinions just go to show how unpredictable a HT can be even under the best of circumstances. As I've said many times, while the writing may be on the proverbial wall, I'm reserving judgement until at least the 12 month mark. That being said, I'm not an optimist by nature so I'm not holding my breath. I'm not happy with my progress and I'm not sure what my next move will be if my end result is subpar. However, I don't think it would be prudent of me to begin placing blame at this point. HT #2 is probably not going to be a reality for me for a long time due to finances so I'll be waiting to see where I end up and what Dr. Alexander's take on it is and what he is willing to do to correct it. I'll be posting pics again at the nine month mark even though I doubt there will be much change.

I understand your pessimism Plunge. And it could very well be poor yield. But stay in touch with Dr. Alexander and don't completely rule out a second run with him. I seriously doubt would you have two poor results with him.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group