4 1/2 Months

I'm 4 1/2 months post op hair transplant and don't see any worthwhile results yet. Shouldn't hair be obviously visible by now or should I give it more time? I think I can feel a little something on my finger tips, but it sure doesn't look like hair filling in the empty areas yet.

My doctor said that at 6 months I should really see hair coming in and to give it more time. Just worried that nothing is happening since most others post results at 3 or 4 months.

I'm 4 1/2 months post op hair transplant and don't see any worthwhile results yet. Shouldn't hair be obviously visible by now or should I give it more time? I think I can feel a little something on my finger tips, but it sure doesn't look like hair filling in the empty areas yet.

My doctor said that at 6 months I should really see hair coming in and to give it more time. Just worried that nothing is happening since most others post results at 3 or 4 months.

I had my Ht on 7th April 2005 so i am also sort of 4.5 Months post HT and i also havent yet seen remarkable results... I am also waiting for the six month mark... Some peopl are slow and some are fast... I beleive we both are in the former catagory rather then later...

RMD,

I will be complete my 5th month post op tomorrow.I am now starting to see growth.I had old work repaired,and the growth is more significant in the front,where there was no old scarring.I was getting a little restless in month 4 too,but I'm feeling more confident about the potential growth now.Hang in there..

Guys, its good to know I'm not alone. I was ok with waiting until I heard of others who saw significant sprouts in 3-4 months. Then I started thinking about it. I had my HT on March 31 and I just had a follow up with the doctor who said I should see some real hairs to grow in 6 months. Its hard to say, but I think I feel some bristles on my finger tips when I feel around on top.

I can wait as long as I know there will be progress.

I am almost 2 months post-op and can feel and see quite a few short stubs of hair, not sure if these are the transplanted hairs growing or my old hairs that got shocked coming back, either way it's nice to feel some, it's not a ton of them but a few here and there. I also can feel an almost tingling sensation coming from the top of my head every once in a while, don't think this is really the numbing coming back since it's in areas that I have feeling in for the most part, anyone have a guess as to what that could be? possibly the new hairs breaking thru? not sure, any feedback or anyone else have this feeling would love to hear from ya. thanks

Guys,

I am 5 weeks past my HT, things just started shreding, but continue to have shock loss around the donor area. Wonder, if you guys can share your shock loss experience. Like, how long the shock loss will last.

One more question, do all the transplaneted hair shred or just quite some?

Following your path for healthy growing,

Bobby

I have shock loss around the donor area as well. was told it will take about 6 months for that hair to grow back. I had shock loss to the top of my head in the recipient area hair the first month or so and lost most if not all my transplanted hairs the first couple of weeks. Think I have a couple of transplanted hairs that didn't shed but also aren't growing, not sure what is up with that but only a couple.

RMD,

Good to see that others are sharing in this with you. It can be disheartening as I told you to see other's sprouting and earlier times while you are waiting. And even I said I was worried for you because I don't have enough experience to know whether 4.5 months post op and still waiting was normal. But it seems like all is well, so take deep breaths of relief, and get ready to start seeing growth soon. You have my email address, so keep the emails coming with your progress. Keep taking pictures too at this point so you can start comparing pictures. That's the best way you can see if you are getting desired results. Write soon.

Bill

This thread is representative that there really is no "normal" rate of progression and that everyone "sprouts" at their own times. It can be rather nerve-racking rounding out month four and not seeing anything happening.

Some tips off the top of my head that would most definitely help:

1) Keep a pre-op photo at the ready. Growth can be slow and it can be quite easy to miss new growth if you are looking at it every day.

2) The supplement MSM can speed hair growth. This may or may not help.

3) Applying minoxidil to the recipient area can stimulate early growth. This also may or may not help.

4) Be patient and live your life. Before the procedure was the time to stress. Now is the time to sit back, relax, and wait for it to come in. icon_smile.gif

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Hey guys!! I'm almost 2 months post op. I saw nearly 80% of the transplants shed, I FREAKED OUT!! I see that the ones that never shed are still growing at the same rate as the original hair. Out of the ones that shed - maybe 20% are starting to sprout. I mean I can see stublle popping up in various spots of the recipient area. I have been using Minoxidil ALL OVER. I also take Propecia and a multivitamin. I don't expect to see more than this for another two months or four or ever how long it takes, I just feel confident that when it comes I'll be happier than a fat kid with tripple chocolate cake!!! icon_biggrin.gif. I think it's gonna be a matter of patience. We are still stuck in the frame of mind that it should have started by now. When you really think of it- who really knows how long it will take? Who can look at us and judge how fast our bodies recover from a major procedure lik HT? How many of know EXACTLY how long it will take for our healthy hair to grow? My point is this, we have no choice but to relax and be patient. When any of us see some substantial growth we should post pics right away. By the way hasn't anyone else heard that stress can cause more hair loss??? hmmmmm?? icon_smile.gifOther than that- relax and live.

Shiny Side Up!!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by BobbyN:

Guys,

I am 5 weeks past my HT, things just started shreding, but continue to have shock loss around the donor area. Wonder, if you guys can share your shock loss experience. Like, how long the shock loss will last.

One more question, do all the transplaneted hair shred or just quite some?

Following your path for healthy growing,

Bobby

I'm almost three months post op. My donor area hasn't started growing back, I really don't care if does. For the donor area you could try using Minox. I've heard it works well to get the donor area going. 80% of my transplants shed. I've seen a few of them starting to grow. The ones that never shed are still growing and seem very strong. Kick back and stay calm! I freaked out for a while! Just relax, it will grow. Give it time! icon_smile.gif

Shiny Side Up!!