Dr. Rosanelli in San Francisco

tam

Has anyone used Dr. Rosanelli in San Francisco? He has been around for quite a long time, and was curious as to what anyones thoughts were. I had a consultation with him, and asked him all the questions based on the latest procedures, and he seems to be up to date. I even showed him the website from H&W, and he has high regards for them, and feels his work is just as good. Anyone have any previous history? Thanks

Tam----

I see that you have posted this same question in May of 2006. I am just wondering what has been going on in the interim and if you just have not gotten any feedback that you like/or any information as of yet?

I have not heard much about Dr. Rosanelli other than he liked to do many multiple sessions. I am not sure how much he has changed over the past 7-8 months, but have you asked him about:

session sizes, the size of his technician staff, the size of the instrumentation he uses, what density he feels comfortable transplanting up to, the type of closure method he uses, does he use staples/sutures, what type of magnification he uses personally when making recipient sites, etc.... ?

I have to be totally honest with you as well: I HIGHLY doubt he is as good as H&W. Not to be a jerk, but I and many others here would have heard more of him if he was approaching the level of the Docs in Vancouver. In addition, this type of information would have most certainly prompted a visit or phonecall from Pat to take a look.

Anyway, what are your wants and needs?

Could you post some pics for us to take a look at?

In addition, why go to a Doc that has either no real information or documented results?

Choose a Coalition Doc and rest easier.

I hope this helps and please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

J

Oh, BTW is your posting name in reference to Rand al'Thor's dad Tam? From the Wheel of Time series by R. Jordan? If so, awesome!!!! If not, sorry. LOL!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I had a HT repair procedure done last September. It went very well. Dr. Rosanelli and his staff were great and my HT went smoothly without any complications. Dr. Rosanelli was great in defining my needs and performed the procedure professionally.

It has been 5 months since and I am extremely happy with the results. Now, I cannot even see in the mirror the plugs I got as a result of two procedures done in late 80's. Until recently my hairline was low enough to cover the plugs. However, they were getting more visible as my natural hairline receded.

Although I am very happy with the results. I cannot give 100% of credit to the HT. Around the same time as my HT procedure, I started taking Propecia. It did the absolute wonders to my hairline by lowering about a half inch below the hairline established by the last HT procedure.

Having said all that, I highly recommend Dr. Rosanelli. I did my usual research before deciding on him. But my research was limited to a 50 mile radius of the SF area as I was afraid of potential complications. I narrowed down the search to two doctors. After the consultations, I decided to go with Dr. Rosanelli because he seemed more attentive and professional.

The best thing about my hair now is that I do not have to think about it any more and spend more time on other things in life.

By the way, After reading several posts here about using Propecia at a lower dosage (0.5 and 0.25mg), I experimented with it for a few weeks. The results were not very good, at least for me. About 1 or 2 weeks after lowering Propecia dosage down to either 0.5 or 0.25mg, I started noticing hair loss around crown area. I immediately went back to the normal 1 mg and the loss stopped quickly.

Thanks to everyone for the input. John, I am curious as to your situation. It sounds like our situation is similar. Do you mind if I ask how many grafts you received, and how many previous procedures you have had. Also who else did you consult with in the Bay Area. I have consulted with a few, but felt that Rosanelli was the most honest, and experienced. I would be curious to know more especially if you had photos. Thank You

This is interesting as I a live in the bay area and had not consulted with Dr. Rosanelli. Just curious about his technique. Also, while I wouldnt compromise cost, I AM curious about his cost per graph. I still feel closer to going with Keene, Limmer or Shapiro. But it would be nice to stay in the Bay Area and not travel.

Tam,

- # of grafts: 1250 grafts.

- # of previous procedures: 2 in late 80's. Do not know the plug count since it was so long ago.

- I conducted several e mail consultations and narrowed the list down to Dr. Rosanelli and Dr. Panagotacos (finished reading his marginally useful book while in the waiting room). As you said, Rosanelli was more attentive and honest.

- I do not have any photos, especially before ones. Why would I want to keep something that reminds me of what it was like? I am very happy with what I have now even though it has been only 5 months. I am moving on.

I had a in person consult with him, and I would echo he is honest-straight-shooter Doctor...just does not do much more then 1.5k in one session. His techs have been with him for many many years and in SF/Bay area it is him and Dr.Panagotacos...I walked away thinking not amazing but Dr.R is good(personally slightly better then Dr.P)..yes, I have seen his finished work first hand.

my2cents

Thanks for the input. I was also going to have a consult. with Dr. Rassman in San Jose. Any thoughts on him. John, are you set for awhile with the 1200 grafts or do you need more later?

• 1 year later...

I have appointment with dr.rosanelli in Campbell on monday.

This is going to be my second hair restoration consultation (first on was with Bosley and I am still no convinced about them so looking outside)

Anybody who had it done from Dr.Rosanelli pls reply as to what to expect/ask in first consultation.

Any inputs will give me boost as I have just started thinking of restoration as possibility.

I live the bay area. I went with Dr.Diep in Los Gatos.

See my result on my webblog here on this forum.

He understudy with Rassman and overall a great DR with a terrific staff.

If you guys want to meet up, talk and view my HT, thats not a problem with me. We are here to help one another. Just to let you know, my grafts are falling, thank god, and new hair are poking thru-WOOOHOOOO!!