Second thought about HT

intresting site. it only has 98 registered members so can't really be taken as an expert source. it's very one sided as only people who have had a bad HT would be intrested in the information on the site. if you got a great result from one of the best doc's around why bother searching for the likes of this site????

HT2 2570 grafts Dr Feller

HT 2350 grafts Dr Epstein

Finax 1mg per day

nizoral 2% 3/week

MSM 3000 mg / day

TOTAL GRAFTS 4920

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopic&TOPIC_OID=6751014913&f=2566060861

Spend some time researching this site using the find feature for HT results...............there are tons and most are very postitive. The Coalition Surgeons link should provide you with a list of excellent Docs to choose from.

As I've posted before.................it comes down to personal choice. Yes, there are some money-hungry butchers out there. However, with a site like this where the bare truth is shared from those of us who have experienced HT's first-hand, hopefully you can obtain enough information to decided one way or the other.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I just clicked the first part on that site and he says he thanks Ron Shapiro for all his help and wishes there were more doctors out there like him ( he is a exclusive HT doctor) I think it only validates what everyone on this site will tell you DO RESEARCH. A ht is is a bad choice if you dont understnad what you are doing or goto a bad doctor!!! It shouldnt be a choice out of emotional dispair, but rather a educated one after concluding you have done enough research, if you truely research this enough you will be able to make a choice if you should or not. That site only should make you feel good about getting a ht if you use Ron Shapiro icon_biggrin.gif

You'll find that most of the unfortunate people who've had bad experiences on that site have had their HT's in the bad old days before follicular unit grafting OR have gone to an inexperienced, non-qualified HT doctor recently.

I (and almost everyone else)had the same reservations about getting it done, it's healthy to be sceptical and wary.But with one of the better Dr's, and with todays modern practices, your chances of getting an undetectable, excellent HT are very high. I was as scared and wary as you but now after 4 months I can see it coming in and I am absolutely over the moon about it.

Do your homework and see a good Dr. and you'll be pleasantly surprised IMO.

Yikes.

It's hard to tell where the story in the lawsuit goes most wrong...the fact that the clinic suggested 500 grafts (of course, there's no "before" shot, but still), the giving the patient a form to sign while he was medicated, the fact that the clinic essentially lied about using old graft techniques...

Whoever that guy is, hope he is finding relief with someone better...

Hello gentlemen. This is the owner of Hair Transplant Lawsuits.com. Thank you for checking out our site. I would like share a few things with you, if I may?

1. It is our intention to offer the public information so they may be more informed before making a significant decision in their lives.

2. We do believe there are scrupulous providers in this industry however, they are few and far in-between. We have talked to many consumers whom still have the negative experiences that are discussed on our site: to date. These are not issues that have gone away or disappeared. Even with the latest advancements in technology, many consumers are still being lied to, disfigured, and their lives are crumbling around them.

3. One of our main focuses have been to advocate for consumer protection through legislation, in hopes to help prevent less of these kinds of horror stories, and hold accountable the perpetrators. For some reason, and we can't begin to grasp why, Cosmotologist have stanch strict accountability through regulations. Where this industry has been left with none, and the casualties number in the thousands.

4. To depict Hair Transplantation as a non-invasive and a routine proceedure, like seeing a dentist for a regular cleaning, is another misnomer. Even with all the technology available, having your head cut open, pieces of your flesh being carved out, disecting that flesh, creating holes on your head to receive them, and then being sewed or stapled closed, is a pretty invasive surgery. It is not a Trip to Spa-Med. We hope people stop perpetuating it that way. Even FUE's, leave significant white scars from where there are taken. A milimeter size bite from the back of your head to extract your hair follicles does create scaring. Please do not present Hair Transplantation as the cure all, or the best thing since sliced bread. It creates an air of apathy, and discounts the idiosyncrasies that Hair Transplantation does have.

5. Why our site does focus on the negative reprocussions that some Hair Transplantation Providers have caused, we feel it is important for all to share their experiences, good and bad. We do not believe in promoting any particular Doctor, or product on our site. Instead we encourage visitors/members to reach out to one another personally, rather than continuing to use just a computer which can be impersonal, often misleading, and misguiding to someone who is vulnerable, or anxious.

6. Why it's a great resource to educate, computer technology has it's Pro's and Con's as well, especially in the consumer arena.

7. As you may have noticed, Doctor. Ron Shapiro was mentioned on the Complaint against Paul Keller, but only after this case was filed publicly. Doctor. Ron Shapiro is one of the few doctors mentioned earlier that has provided help and support for many who have experienced a travesty as a result from some of the unethical Hair Transplant Providers. We feel at the very least, it is apropos to thank him for all that he has done.

Thank You, to all the Doctors who have and are currently helping people get their lives back together!

Thank you for checking out our site, reading this post, and we wish you all the very best!

Chris

Founder Of HairTransplantLawsuits.com

Originally posted by brianf:

You'll find that most of the unfortunate people who've had bad experiences on that site have had their HT's in the bad old days before follicular unit grafting OR have gone to an inexperienced, non-qualified HT doctor recently.

I (and almost everyone else)had the same reservations about getting it done, it's healthy to be sceptical and wary.But with one of the better Dr's, and with todays modern practices, your chances of getting an undetectable, excellent HT are very high. I was as scared and wary as you but now after 4 months I can see it coming in and I am absolutely over the moon about it.

Do your homework and see a good Dr. and you'll be pleasantly surprised IMO.

Not all of the bad HT's have been done in the "bad old days". Some horrible experiences I've heard of have been as recent as 2003. And that Dr. is still practicing! Watch out! Be very careful. The point is that many of the "bad" doctors actually look very qualified and experienced.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hi

Any surgical procedure has risks and potential dangers ( breast implants, nose jobs, and cosmetic procedures). With that being said there are also many happy patients with exceptional results. I am one of them. I have had 2 HT with Dr. True and it has changed my life. I did my research and found a competent doctor which is sincere, qualified, and looks out for his patients. This took time to research my options and yes there are risks involved. Many times you hear all of the negative stories.. I am here to tell you mine a a very positive one and I will most likely have another procedure to complete my restoration..My advice is make an educated decesion based on what is best for you.. There are hundreds of success stories and you do not need to live with hair loss if it bothers you.. I really could careless what others say. It was right for me. Only an individual can decide what is right for them.

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

We do not believe in promoting any particular Doctor, or product on our site.

I want to listen to what you have to say, but I'm afraid this statement simply isn't true. The "Interviews" section of your website is essentially a promotional tool for some herbal vitamin hairloss remedy called RK19. I would suggest removing that from your site if you wish to maintain any credibility.

I think websites like yours are very important but as soon as I see any sort of consumer product/service being touted I become instantly skeptical of that site's motivations.

Interesting site (the RK section bothered me too). I had a hair transplant in February after finding this board and several others. The last five months have been a roller coaster of emotions ranging from thinking I lost my mind to cautious excitement as some of the hair has started to come in. I still look pretty thin and odd but at only a little over 5 months I think it will look alot better. I think the odds of getting a good surgery are much better than they use to be, better methods and more information for patients. But clearly you can still get butchered. At the end of the day do your homework and if you decide take the leap.

Hi Hrthr

Who did your HT? If you picked one of the good docs after doing research I'm sure you will be OK.. As far as the rollercoaster ride I can totally appreciate this as we all go through this. I was much more comfortable the 2nd HT and now I'm totally at ease as I know what to expect. However, we cannot use our psychological doubts to knock Hair transplantation. That would be like not dating because you are scared to approach a woman.. Any surgery has risks and as long as you make an educated decesion, your chances are extremely high of having a result ( of course there are risks).. I think this website is great and very informative but you can't depend 100% on any source for perfect data..Nor believe everything you read. We are adults and must research to get the right answers..

Good luck , I hope you used a coalition doctor

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

The Interview Section: The "RK19" interview is just that, an interview. No where in it do we recommend buying or purchasing the product. Due to several questions that we received about this product, from consumers, it was important to find out as much as we could from the creator. We understand there are many different perspectives about "RK19," and it was not our objective to make a point, one way or the other, but to report what we discovered through one of those perspectives. We have other interviews that are in the works too, and our intention is to provide them without bias. With that being said, we hope that helps to answer your concern.

All The Best

Chris, Founder Of HairtransplantLawsuits.com

I used Dr. Lehr and received about 2650 fu's. Mostly in the front and forlock. I had some existing hair in the area and alot of it has shocked out. It was pretty thin anyway and on its way out I think. I think the Proscar has caused most the the shedding not the surgery. I had a pretty good hairline six months ago, but most is gone. I am seeing some pretty significant growth but the side and immediately behind the hairline are taking longer. Some days looks pretty good others not so good. Yes Lehr is listed on this site and that is how I found him.

Hi

totally normal in the HT porcess. You will feel much better about it 6 months from now..

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Indeed,

It's 6 months into my 2 HT and I want my results now as well !!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

I agree with the "interesting" nature of the site. It seems to me, however, that they are the exceptions....the rare ones...or people who have gotten surgeries a long time ago when technology was not so great. I just find it interesting because the majority of the people on this board and other boards have raved about their docs....me, personally already having 2 HTs am happy so far with the results. But I also know that some have legitimate claims and reason to be unhappy. Maybe it's all a matter of finding the right doc? Indeed I agree with the site administrators post here that HTs should NEVER be advertised the way they are....they are so misleading and sales pitchy and don't go over the hard facts. These boards are a blessing to those people who do real research before they jump into anything...but what about those impulsive buyers that go right from their emotions? I agree it should be illegal some of the claims some docs and sale people make. Just watch a Bosley or MHR ad and you'll know what I mean...that is, IF you are educated enough to know the difference. Calling HT natural is absolutely ridiculous. Surely the goal is to look natural....but there is nothing natural about ripping the back of your head open. The word "natural" is so abused anyway now adays...oddly enough, I believe that came from Snapple. I don't remember hearing how "natural" anything was until Snapple...how they use all natural ingredients. Now, everything is natural. Let me tell you something....if God didn't create it that way, it sure ain't natural!

But I'm an advocate of the HT, but people should be informed of all the risks before they jump into it.

Bill