probably going to wait 18 months for session two.

Guest wanthairs

Guest wanthairs

I havent been posting on the boards recently. Hooked up with a nice babe, all praise thanks due to my new scalp attached mop. (Thankyou Dr. Epstein)

I am at 9 months post op and the difference is totally mind blowing compared to what i looked like before, even though I only had 2800 grafts. I have not put up pics but will soon.

I need to address my mid scalp and crown and am thinking of going the H& W route although I dont want a scar going up too deep on either side as I belive these hairs will fall out eventually, so i am still considering going back to Epstein even though he does small sessions.

I am on the verge of deciding to wait 18 months before procedure two, just to really wait out and see this session and to gain more scalp elasticity. Or am I worrying over nothing? Should I just get the next session done asap? Also, what excuses do you use to people you know. I dont like telling women I have had a HT.... Any suggestions boys?

Guest wanthairs

I havent been posting on the boards recently. Hooked up with a nice babe, all praise thanks due to my new scalp attached mop. (Thankyou Dr. Epstein)

I am at 9 months post op and the difference is totally mind blowing compared to what i looked like before, even though I only had 2800 grafts. I have not put up pics but will soon.

I need to address my mid scalp and crown and am thinking of going the H& W route although I dont want a scar going up too deep on either side as I belive these hairs will fall out eventually, so i am still considering going back to Epstein even though he does small sessions.

I am on the verge of deciding to wait 18 months before procedure two, just to really wait out and see this session and to gain more scalp elasticity. Or am I worrying over nothing? Should I just get the next session done asap? Also, what excuses do you use to people you know. I dont like telling women I have had a HT.... Any suggestions boys?

tell them you've started taking Propecia...but only if they ask.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Tell them that you have been selected as part of a new study. It is to determine the innate physical chemistry between male and females and the differences between men with small penises and those with large ones. The latter group had to shave their heads to balance the indifference.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

I'd have to think @ 12 months your HT has pretty much come to fruition, in that you'll have a very sound idea as to where you stand in regards to HT #2. I know just recently some posts were made, however, which highlighted further thickening changes that may occur in months following. As for elasticity, I've been under the impression that at 12 months you should generally be fine. 12 months, IMO, is a great time, especially if you are primed and ready to get back in there for some more follicles.

What type of session size are you looking at, ballpark? Also, when you mention "excuses" -- do you mean for all the newfound hair you'll have, or for the recovery process?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Originally posted by NervousNelly:

Tell them that you have been selected as part of a new study. It is to determine the innate physical chemistry between male and females and the differences between men with small penises and those with large ones. The latter group had to shave their heads to balance the indifference.

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I would trade in a few inches for a full head of hair. I would have to stop when I get down to 8 inches though. icon_razz.gif

NoBuzz

1/2 an inch for every 1500 hairs is the going exchange rate from what I understand.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

wanthairs,

Firstly, welcome back! Secondly, congratulations on the new girlfriend. I'm sure she is not only attracted to your nice new mane, though I'm sure it helps icon_wink.gif.

At 9 months post-op, it is really up to you at this point if/when you should get a second hair transplant. I feel that it's good to wait at least 1 year as it gives the current hair transplant a chance to fully mature (though it is true that additional hair maturation will take place even after that).

As far as excuses, well, if you see your girlfriend all the time, it's going to be extremely tough to hide it from her. If she's really into you, you may want to try the honest approach. Otherwise, you will simply have to avoid her for awhile or wear a hat all the time while you are out for awhile.

Keep us posted on your decision and let's see some pictures icon_smile.gif

Bill

Now that was too funny Nobuzz icon_biggrin.gif

Well, first 2800 grafts is not chump change either! That should make a nice difference overall. As far as your second, as Bill said after about 9 months or so , you can probably have another ( check with the doc). Make sure you do scalp exercises. if you look at me I received more grafts during HT number 3 that the first 2 .No reason other than the exercises. If you are happy with Epstein, why go to another doc?? As you can see, I am one of the few who did stick with 1 doc all three and I'm very happy.

Regarding telling a women, don't say anything,if you can manage to get about 10 days aways from her. Then just use concealer unless you have to shave your head. Depending on how serious you are, maybe you should tell her?

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Funny you mention waiting till month 18 for the 2nd surgery as I was just having a conversation about this today. It is usually just fine to get your 2nd round less than a year after the first, but it's true that hts can take up to 18 months to fully mature. In fact, in subtle ways, I think most HTs take about 18 months to mature.

(yes the "wow" part of the transformation is between months 3 and 12...but subtle changes happen after the 1 year mark.)

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Guest wanthairs

Thankyou everyone for your valuable posts. I particularly liked what I ve learnt on gentalia wisdom. I will discuss thatwith my doc for my next session.

My worries are much answered. After extremely slow petty growth, the end results now are quite astonishing and I thought there would be much more improvement because I was such a slow grower. I was so depressed at month 5 that I was shopping for assault weapons. Now I have to say Doc Epsteins a super cool mofo !!!!Most likely I will just go back to him for procedures 2 and 3....FYI procedure 2 was estimated at 2400 grafts at an all inclusive cost of $8600.

wanthairs,

good to see you back buddy! And it's nice to hear that your spending quality time with a "nice babe" as opposed to spending it on the balding blog with us hairless monkeys.

Re procedure #2:

personally with all of the down time involved, going through with the procedure itself, shaving your head down, waiting 12-18 months for it to mature; I could not do the smaller sessions of 2-3K, when clinics like H&W are moving north of 6K grafts in a single session. I have seen some cases where they go outside of what is traditionally considered the "safe-zone" (i.e. london lad, Bill, etc.) but this is the exception and not the norm and they certainly make it clear to the patient and discuss the possible risks associated with it.

While it is a matter of personal opinion, I think I wouldn't mind having them go outside of the safe zone, because if/when this hair falls out it will probably be at an elderly age; maybe 65+; MAYBE not though.

Regardless, if you have descent density and elasticity, Im sure they could get at least 4K in a single session without going outside the safe zone.

How many grafts did Dr. Ep estimate you have left in the bank?

Was 2,800 the max he could get?

I'd really like to see your before/after shots if you ever get around to it.

How do you style it if the crown was not adressed at all?

Guest wanthairs

hey ntgoing....

good to hear from you too......

Epstein said he could do 2400 grafts on a second procedure and maybe 1500-2000 on a third a final procedure for the crown and general thickening.

Currently I do a comb-back on my crown. If I use some Toppik, it looks like I have the hair of an 18 year old all over.

I am tempted to go to H+W for just one procedure to do it all, but I am worried about the scar going outside my safe zone. I just dont want to have to go through the hassle of worrying aboiut my hair again like I have after 30 grand and 18 years of hell. Plus I cant take Propecia anymore because it affects my complusive sex addiction so i had to quit. Im still undecided...Maybe they can still pull tons of grafts by doing a wider incision rather than going up the sides.....Any input Joetronic??