DO DOCTORS LIE?

How many posts have we all read about Dr's lieing about the world of hair. shampoos, laser combs, mirical drugs...not to mention the unethical docs who knowingly do surgeries that are not needed, only to butcher the poor bastards that put there trust in there incompetant hands. Read posts from Dr. Feller, he does a good job exposing some of them. How many poster lie about not workiing for a doctor, but have conspired to do the docs dirty work right in front of our eyes. If a doc, who took an oath to do no harm, and then they dilibertly do harm for a few thousand dollars, what would people do for billions?

How many posts have we all read about Dr's lieing about the world of hair. shampoos, laser combs, mirical drugs...not to mention the unethical docs who knowingly do surgeries that are not needed, only to butcher the poor bastards that put there trust in there incompetant hands. Read posts from Dr. Feller, he does a good job exposing some of them. How many poster lie about not workiing for a doctor, but have conspired to do the docs dirty work right in front of our eyes. If a doc, who took an oath to do no harm, and then they dilibertly do harm for a few thousand dollars, what would people do for billions?

The thing to remember is that doctors are human, they face the same moral and ethical challenges that we all do, they get into trouble with greed just as members of the clergy do. if one member doctor sees a patient and determines that the patient needs 1500 follicular units, and a second member physician determines that the patient needs 2000 folicular units, is the 2nd doctor unethical? does the patient care if the outcome is what he wanted? What about the doctors who work on patients in their early 20's?

• Moderators
Originally posted by erldette:

The thing to remember is that doctors are human

Unfortunately some of them are not human at all.

they face the same moral and ethical challenges that we all do, they get into trouble with greed just as members of the clergy do.

But how far do you let lack of greed and morals go? If a stock broker swindles people out of money they end up going to jail. If a "doctor" swindles you out of monay AND slices you up giving you scars all over in the process that is OK. I think there's definately something wrong with that picture. If the stock brokers were smart they would come to your house and cut you a few times and avoid jail time.

if one member doctor sees a patient and determines that the patient needs 1500 follicular units, and a second member physician determines that the patient needs 2000 folicular units, is the 2nd doctor unethical? does the patient care if the outcome is what he wanted?

If the outcome is what you wanted then the doctor probably was not unethical at least in that one case. It's OK to have somewhat differing opinions and procedures on what is the best way to achieve a decent appearance as well as saving donor hair for possible use later.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

I am not justifying the behavior. What doctors do better than most is they settle out of court.

Ask yourself this, why have so many doctors both members and non-members given up their speciality to get into hair? There is no such thing as a residency in hair transplantation.

• Administrators

With the advent of the Web and discussion forums like this one physicians, their statements and their work can now be held accountable publicly.

On a positive note ethical physicians and their quality work can also be recognized and identified publicly.

It's not a perfect process (free speach and democracy never are) but in an unregulated field its the best form of accountability we as patient have.

This community has also been tough on shills, who are typically spotted even as they are registering on the forum :-)

Those physicians who are engaged in this open process operate in a transparent environment in which their patients may very well be posting their entire experience (including what they had for lunch) the night of their surgery.

This keeps us all on our toes and accountable, including me.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Hi

Lying is a very powerful word and can be a bit Stretched if you ask me.. do some lie , yes but others use creative wording and use research as a cushion. This is why this forum is great, it cuts through the BS and many of us go by the facts.. no advertising,correlations, or marketing..

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Tom Thomas,

I believe a certain level of skepticism is always needed in the online world. Remember, many things online are still very commercialized, and we know commercials don't lie right? icon_wink.gif

Being part of a community for awhile, one can begin to see through the lies and point out the hacks while seeing the legitimate people (doctors, members, technicians, etc).

But it is truly important to keep watch, and when in doubt, call someone's bluff, do research to confirm if they are the "real deal".

Bill

I think all doctors lie a little, remember this is still a business and they would do what ever to get a patient. A lot of it can just be the doctor using his judgement and opinions to try and educate patients, but it might not always be right.

I am pretty sure that doctors reccommend certain products for a reason, such as Propecia, many of the clinics I have visited have klenex boxes with Propecia logos on it, it's pretty obvious they're being sponsored to endorse and praise these products. But for a product like Propecia, that actually might work, it's no big deal, but for some other kind of wonder drugs and combs, I would do my own hardcore research.

• Moderators
What doctors do better than most is they settle out of court.

Doctors in general yes, but not in the hair transplant field. How many people with botched jobs have you ever heard of who sued and ever got anything at all? I've only heard of maybe 3 cases.

Ask yourself this, why have so many doctors both members and non-members given up their speciality to get into hair?

Some of the bad ones get into it because they weren't good enough to make it in their chosen field. Some have been barred from working in their chosen field because of complaints and lawsuits, so they get into elective surgery because it's much safer for them and their only way to continue to make a living as a doctor.

I posted before on another thread that you don't really know if you accepted the risks until afterwards. Someone responded that if it came out really bad they would just sue the pants off the guy (don't remember the actual wording they used). I was tempted to respond, but I had said enough then, so I held back. If really think you can successfully sue for a botched job, you are just fooling yourself. It's nearly impossible.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.