Herbal Treatment Vs Hair Transplantation Vs Rogaine

Hi All,

I'm a 28 years old Asian. I'm experiencing a severe hair fall (about 20 -25 hairs falling down per down) and a clear baldness on top of my head(Vertex).My hair is curly and is very dense on sides and on back. But my top is getting balded and progressing slowly towards front. I should agree that I have never taken a proper care for my hair till now and also been a smoker for 10 years. I'm not sure if my smoking habit had any influence on my hair loss , but now I'm facing a very serious hair fall. I'm not sure if any of my ancestors have this problem. This is all about me.

Now my question is I came across many ads on Rogaine, Herbal treatment like Saini Herbals and on Hair Transplantation. I can't afford for Hair Transplantation at this point, atleast If I could solve this using Rogaine or Herbals.

So can some one guide me about these products. Are these produts trust worthy with out any side effects. Your realistic information would certainly help me in taking a proper decision.

Hi All,

I'm a 28 years old Asian. I'm experiencing a severe hair fall (about 20 -25 hairs falling down per down) and a clear baldness on top of my head(Vertex).My hair is curly and is very dense on sides and on back. But my top is getting balded and progressing slowly towards front. I should agree that I have never taken a proper care for my hair till now and also been a smoker for 10 years. I'm not sure if my smoking habit had any influence on my hair loss , but now I'm facing a very serious hair fall. I'm not sure if any of my ancestors have this problem. This is all about me.

Now my question is I came across many ads on Rogaine, Herbal treatment like Saini Herbals and on Hair Transplantation. I can't afford for Hair Transplantation at this point, atleast If I could solve this using Rogaine or Herbals.

So can some one guide me about these products. Are these produts trust worthy with out any side effects. Your realistic information would certainly help me in taking a proper decision.

Sun,

MPB is in the gene my friend. I hang out with friends who smoke for over 15+ years and still have great set of hairs, even my brother is a long time smoker and still have great hair.

Rogaine and propecia will help with the vertex but not the frontal.

Those herbal treatment-eastern medicine or western medicine do not work, i have tried.

I too am asian, you can check out my HT surgery on my web blog.

Stick with a combination of finasteride and rogaine (foam 5%); you can get proscar, as opposed to propecia (which are both basically finasteride), with proscar being less expesive.

Combined, both work particularly well, and many even see results in the frontal 1/3rd -- though their primary potency is for the vertex/crown.

You may also want to add Nizoral 2% or Revita shampoo into your regime; they are basically "adjunct" treatments, and if they work for you they won't work miracles, but nonetheless, I'd recommend it.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

You've been given excellent advice, but here's one more:

QUIT SMOKING!!! What are you spending on the smokes? $20 per week? Thats's $80 a month and if you will invest that monthly you'll not only add to your life, you'll probably find in 6 or 7 years you can afford a decent hair transplant.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Man, the title reads as some huge hair product throwdown!

Then the stats of the battle field of your mop..."about 20 -25 hairs falling down per down"...sounds like the casualties we hear from the Iraq war!

The hair loss is just genetic...

If you can, save up for a ht...

I wouldn't view the potential meds as a dichotomy, but by using some in combination (i.e. fin & minox) one can experience a synergistic effect.