23 & No price concern but who to go to??

Hello, icon_smile.gif

I am 23yrs. and I have been losing my hair from both sides of the hairline for about 3 years now. I still can blow dry my hair so it looks like I have a great head of hair, but I know within the next few years it will start looking like a comb over, and I never want to look obvious to the public.

With money not being a concern and I've seen commercials on Bosley, Hair club, etc.. I'd like to know which one is the most natural, especially for someone who is my age?? I am also a very good looking guy who can't picture me bald. I'd be a great guy for a before and after pic, hehe..

I am in the North Shore of Illinois.. I know there is a Hair Transplant clinic (maybe Bosley) witin 10 minutes away, but which do you all suggest??

My hair is in your hands and I ask you all kindly to please help me out!! : )

Thanks all!! Dan

Hello, icon_smile.gif

I am 23yrs. and I have been losing my hair from both sides of the hairline for about 3 years now. I still can blow dry my hair so it looks like I have a great head of hair, but I know within the next few years it will start looking like a comb over, and I never want to look obvious to the public.

With money not being a concern and I've seen commercials on Bosley, Hair club, etc.. I'd like to know which one is the most natural, especially for someone who is my age?? I am also a very good looking guy who can't picture me bald. I'd be a great guy for a before and after pic, hehe..

I am in the North Shore of Illinois.. I know there is a Hair Transplant clinic (maybe Bosley) witin 10 minutes away, but which do you all suggest??

My hair is in your hands and I ask you all kindly to please help me out!! : )

Thanks all!! Dan

Stay away from Bosley or any of the hair transplant chains. Just do a search on them in this forum using the find feature.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by Gorpy:

Stay away from Bosley or any of the hair transplant chains. Just do a search on them in this forum using the find feature.

You know the funny thing is on each infomercial I've seen, each person on the Bosley one didn't have the best looking hair transplant.. Pretty noticable if you ask me..

Yes, as you start looking around in these forums you'll see that Bosley, MHR, Nuhart, etc. are all about marketing and not quality. We all want quality in a hair transplant. Anything less is extremely obvious to anyone looking at us. Take a look at some of the suggested doctors on this forum. Spend some time doing some research on them.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Illinoisan. Take Gorpy's advice........research, research, research and stay away from the Bosley, MHR and the like.

At your age, if you can, you may want to try Propecia (Finasteride) to stop any further loss and consider a good scalp and hair care regimen. Use the find feature here and do some browsing.

If you do decide to do something, don't limit yourself based on location. Dr. Konior in Chicago is excellent and is a recommended Coalition Surgeon..........you can read more about he and other recommended Doc's here.

Hope this helps.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 2 weeks later...

Rachmunas,

PLEASE learn from our mistakes...DO NOT GET A HT!!!

Having had 3 HT's already..I can tell you, that dealing with the scar, lack of naturalness, pitting graft scars, costs, and paranoia is NOT worth it and is a million times worse than the loss of your hair naturally...Id sell my house and car, go into debt, run a hundred marathons and do anything to UNDO my HT's and shave...

Go to a bar and you'll see shaved or buzz cut hair bald guys scoring girls...its a lot more attractive that a ugly scar, and the paranoia you feel after getting this

I was in your shoes too..money wasnt an object, I thought I was being smart..I didnt research a thing...

PLEASE dont do this...Msg me and I'll talk to you more about it

Dan, if money is no option, then location should be the least of your concerns. I would recommend you do a consult with Dr. Konier here in Chicago and then a few more with out of town clinics that are highly regarded as well. This should help you develop a frame of reference and shape your decision. Dr. Shapiro is 6 1/2 hours north (driving) and H&W is a 5-6 hour flight, so you have some very viable options. I hope this helps!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

If I was 23 I would get on propecia and give it a year. Your goal should be to hang on to your hair as long as possible. The longer you can go the better the medicine and the surgical techniques will be if you do in fact need an HT.

Being 23 and losing hair on both sides of your hairline tells me that you may simply be experiencing natural progression from a juvenile hairline to an adult hairline. As men become adults, late teens to early twenties, the corners recede. At this point a lot of guys freak out and think they're going bald when they really aren't. Now, if it's actually worse and you're gretting an isolated forelock up front then that is different but if it's just a bit of recession making for more of a right angle in your temples then you're fine. My advice, if this is the case don't get a HT. Having recessed temples is natural and if you fill them in now you may only be setting yourself up for disappointment down the line. Only pics will tell us that story though so my rant is pure conjecture. Regardless, the advice to stay away from the chain clinics is sound. Also, stay away from anyone that tells you they'll restore your old hairline. Matter of fact, run, don't walk.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians