Mike's 8 months post op Dr. Devroye

Comparison after about 4300 grafts in 2 procedures, 8 months post op 2nd:

prefrontps3.jpg w1280.png

img0063fwe.jpg w1632.png

img0064e.jpg w1632.png

img0066jev.jpg w1632.png

img0057hqr.jpg w1632.png

A few thoughts. Boy i sure have come a long way,, i no longer have any second thoughts about going out in public, and i feel much less alienated and closer to my peers. I am grateful for living in this time of age where these things are possible.

That being said, the work is not perfect. The scar is rather wide, and some density is lacking at the hairline. The scar doesn't bother me as much as the density though, but chances are that i will probably be going a 3rd time for a small repair+density FUE session. I have talked over these concerns with the Dr. and i remain positive about the whole thing.

Scar:

img0058fea.jpg w1632.png

Density (7months)

img0023m.jpg w1632.png

Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Congratulations on your so far successful project. Its great that you are feeling much better within social situations.

Im guessing that your dying your hair this lighter colour? Are you as comfortable with the result if you have your natural colour. I think that it would hide the scar better, but as you mention your are more concerned with density in the hairline. Either way, it looks great!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Thanks.

Yea i've dyed it platinum blonde, because i find that it hides the scar better, as well as making the hairline thicker so it's win/win.

So far so good, this doesn't look like the end of the line for me yet though.

Thanks Bill. Things definitely look brighter these days.

When will we see an update from yourself?

Looking really good Mike, really good. Might very well get some additional thickening in the coming months, too -- you look great right now, and will only improve to round things out.

The blonde locks seems to have been a great idea, too -- I might try that myself. icon_smile.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Thanks man - you should try it! It's summer after all, though you will most likely end up half-orange with your dark hair.. icon_smile.gif

Looking good Mike.

I was just wondering whether you consulted with anyone before bleaching your hair? I understand having very low contrast between hair and skin colour makes any imperfections less noticeable. However, I was wondering whether the chemicals used to dye the hair could have a negative effect on weak hairs and could it lead to more hair loss?

Well that's an interesting idea - i do think that excessive dyeing can lead to tempoary hairloss, but i haven't heard about bleaching destroying miniturising hairs.

Anyway, i am not seeing more hairs in the sink than usual icon_smile.gif

Mike,

it looks good and i know that it would be very hard for someone with thin hair to pull of the spiked look. so you being able to pull it off speaks volume, no pun intended. however i bet your hair would look really good and even better laid flat something like a ceaser style and spike the front only. have you tried that one? i'd love to see your pics with no spiking just for comparison reasons.

overall looks pretty good to me.

• 3 weeks later...

ya mike, wow, those results look great, they really do. if you use that hair butter or putty stuff and style it certain ways you would have no idea that your frontal region is thinner.

I am 22 as well and have a massive issue with my side burn/temple areas. for whatever reason, Ive lost huge amounts on one side of my head, and the other is quickly following suit.

You are one of the few people that i have came across that have had the sideburn transplant and i have a few questions...

The doctor that looked at my situation wasn't too keen on soing my side burns becuase he claimed that the conflict between the two hair thickness (side burn as opposed to the donor) is usualy alot different.

Also mike, how are your sideburns and temples growing now? are they growing out in a weird direction or are they coming out fairly smooth (do you have porcupine spikey looking hairs growing out the side of your head...if you know what i mean)

thanks!

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the long wait everyone...

skippy: I really don't see much difference - they look very natural, albeit a bit thin(though less thin than before). The only difference is on the left side where there is a slight difference in color.

They are growing just like normal hair would, thanks to dr. devroye and his team.

General update for everyone: in about 2 weeks i have a year post op, time has gone much faster this time than the last.

I have previously expressed concern over the density at my hairline, and unfortunately the past 4 months have not yielded significant growth. But i knew this already..

Luckily, i'm a persistent guy and i am already in conversation with dr. devroye and dr. mohmand about a 3rd procedure for about 1200-1500 to the hairline.

I might, if the time is right, use the opportunity to hit the crown as well, which has not received any grafts yet at all. Perhaps around 1000.

The last part however will need careful consideration though, given my age. It might not even be possible due to a rather large donor scar.

In either case, i am satisfied with the result so far to the extend that i can go amongst other people without wearing a hat - and thats saying something.

... i'll post some pictures soon..