SMG n' Me

aaron1234

Shadow. Well said. A doc can be great guy but not necessarily a great doc.

But I'll def keep you posted, great results or not.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Originally posted by Shadow of the EMpire State:

Wish you the best of luck, but I'm always a little peeved when people gush about their doctors right after the surgery. These procedures pay off on results, not "professional" office personnel, streamlined procedures, or anything else.

And if there are no results, then the doctor did a poor job, good guy or not.

Give it time. If you're still pleased in none months, be sure to tell us all about it.

This argument would be a little more valid if we were going to these docs completely blind about them. But SMG, H&W, Feller, Rahal, etc. have very good reputations and a lot proven results. It's just icing on the cake that they take the time to make you feel comfortable while you are there.

These top docs could all have an "attitude" but we would still go to them because we are paying for their skill and expertise, not their bedside manner.

I think Aaron has a right to feel great about his experience. Dr. Paul does amazing work and is a nice guy to boot, along with the rest of the staff.

Aaron has MONTHS of waiting ahead of him, including the dreaded 3 month doldrums. Let's let him ride his wave of happiness for a bit.

I 100% understand your point Emp, and your right, but without being privy to everything that has gone on, I hope you can cut him some slack.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

That's the thing. I've been on these forums for over a year now and have seen countless of pics. And after awhile, you begin to see a pattern. Of all the great results I've seen, many of the immediate post-op pics looked a lot like mine. So yeah, there are no guarantees. But I feel fairly confident about this one.

Oh and btw, I warded off a potential staff infection last week with some anti-biotics.... and I got a few calls from Dr. Paul just to check in on me. Just saying that I appreciate that.

Now just can't wait to get this sutures out! icon_smile.gif

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

Shadow,

There's nothing wrong with patients sharing their joy and satisfaction with their surgical experience. However, I do think I understand what you're trying to say. I have seen some over-enthusiastic patients ready to recommend their doctor from day one and say they are pleased with their "results". These patients need to be reminded that they have every right to be excited but to reserve final judgement until the results come in.

Best wishes,

Bill

Severn,

I agree with you that there are a few clinics (5 or 6) that have earned the reputation to be given the benefit of the doubt and SMG is one of those, but we still need to judge each result fairly just as we would if it were done by Bosley. It seems like Aaron's results from his 1st procedure with SMG were very substandard and no one seems to be talking about that.

Just to clarify, my first procedure was NOT with SMG.

Hey guys, just a note to let you know that I've posted my two week update. I had the sutures removed a couple days ago. Got some of those red tractor tracks going on in the donor area, so hopefully those will go away soon. My skin had a hard time with those and it sure felt good to get them out. The recipient has healed quite well. I still got some slight redness but not too bad at all. It's started the shed.

So the question is.... when do you think I can start applying a little dermmatch on both the scar and recipient area? It's like I'm addicted to the stuff.... I'm going through concealer withdrawal.