DR TRUE

tony71

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes nikkop23, didn't someone mention that Dr. True has posted here before?

If the doctor doesn't monitor here, then Pat might be the best person to give him a heads up, so that we can move forward.

Tony71: You said you've never taken Propecia, but all of the advice I've gotten from doctors indicates that its pretty key in minimizing shockloss, and preventing furhter loss. Did Dr. True _not_ recommend that to you? That would be a bit surprising, although I don't know whether Propecia was considered key for hair at that earlier time...I just wasn't involved in this world at the time.

Before and after pics would be helpful, since there seems to be an obvious delta between where you think you are, and where Doctor True indicated you were. That said, 10 years on without Propecia is likely to take its toll in any case, so the after pic would be most helpful if it was 8-12 months after your last surgery.

One comment: basing your decision on a single client photo is not the way to go. Of course I realize that 10 years ago you'd have had very little access to the sort of info we have now.

These days when one of these doctors sneezes, wer'e all here online to say gesundheight(sp).

mark h

Originally posted by the B spot:

Tony, I would like to say thanks for not getting defensive or ignorant over the comments others have made. Each response I have read contains valid issues, and you took the time to respond in a timely, professional manner. Again, I think Dr. True will find it hard to live down his association with Elliott, but I think you should contact him, just to see what his response is. I and many others would find that interesting to be sure. Also, it might help to dash an email out to Pat, as he is always open to these type of situations. Good Luck and let us know how this plays out.

I don't see the point in contacing him after 10 years and ask him "Hey you remember you said you were going to give me a full head of hair?" :-) I do want to see what my options are with HT since there seems to be new techniques, but I need the time off from work and also the $$$$.

I don't know who Pat is, I just signed up during the weekend, and was looking through and decided to do a search on Dr True to see if anyone else has had a HT through him.

Originally posted by Mark H:

Yes nikkop23, didn't someone mention that Dr. True has posted here before?

If the doctor doesn't monitor here, then Pat might be the best person to give him a heads up, so that we can move forward.

Tony71: You said you've never taken Propecia, but all of the advice I've gotten from doctors indicates that its pretty key in minimizing shockloss, and preventing furhter loss. Did Dr. True _not_ recommend that to you? That would be a bit surprising, although I don't know whether Propecia was considered key for hair at that earlier time...I just wasn't involved in this world at the time.

Before and after pics would be helpful, since there seems to be an obvious delta between where you think you are, and where Doctor True indicated you were. That said, 10 years on without Propecia is likely to take its toll in any case, so the after pic would be most helpful if it was 8-12 months after your last surgery.

One comment: basing your decision on a single client photo is not the way to go. Of course I realize that 10 years ago you'd have had very little access to the sort of info we have now.

These days when one of these doctors sneezes, wer'e all here online to say gesundheight(sp).

mark h

Mark,

I don't recall Dr True ever mentioned Propecia, infact in 96 I don't think it was out yet or was it? Even if he had mentioned it, I wouldn't have taken it.

I think I can scan the poloroid pics, have to go to Kinkos this week after work or this weekend.

It wasn't a single client photo, it was an actual person that was a client and also an employee that worked there. His name was Robert but went by the name of Bob, I saw his old pic and he hardly had any hair in the front and with the HT he had the perfect hair.

One thing I want to know is having had 4 HT so now I have 4 scars in the back of my head, would I still have enough doner left? That is what I need to ask a doctor once I find a good one.

• Administrators

Tony,

Welcome to our community. All posts about all treatments and physicians are welcome here - the good, the bad and the ugly - regardless of the physician.

I think Mark makes an important point when he wrote - "This site should protect the reputations of doctors, but if we do so as a matter of course, we're merely a cheering section, and not good ombudsmen."

All physicians recommended on this site need to operate in a transparent environment in which their patients may post about their surgical experience the day after surgery or ten years later. This not only keeps the physicians accountable for their work and service, it keeps me accountable for my recommendations.

This public accountability is outlined in the Coalition Membership Standards.

Accountability = Credibility

Ok, I'm dismounting my high horse :-)

Thanks for being patient with the many questions directed to you. Clearly the work you got ten years ago failed to meet your expectations. And frankly, I think this was all too common ten years ago and before.

As a former hair system wearer I do recall how the maintance became more and more tiresome over time. I certainly don't miss my "system" even though some of them these days do look very good.

I will contact Dr. True and ask him to respond to your post. However, all physicians are strictly bound by the requirement that they not divulge patient information. It would be helpful if you could email him or call him to give him permission to respond. This would also enable him to pull up your correct records.

Tony, We're all in this together and we're all here for you. Let's pull together and find the best solution for you. Perhaps Dr. True can play a role in this constructive process.

Feel free to email me directly at Pat@hairtransplantnetwork.com if you'd like.

All the best, Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

Originally posted by Pat - Publisher of this Community:

Tony,

Welcome to our community. All posts about all treatments and physicians are welcome here - the good, the bad and the ugly - regardless of the physician.

I think Mark makes an important point when he wrote - "This site should protect the reputations of doctors, but if we do so as a matter of course, we're merely a cheering section, and not good ombudsmen."

All physicians recommended on this site need to operate in a transparent environment in which their patients may post about their surgical experience the day after surgery or ten years later. This not only keeps the physicians accountable for their work and service, it keeps me accountable for my recommendations.

This public accountability is outlined in the Coalition Membership Standards.

Accountability = Credibility

Ok, I'm dismounting my high horse :-)

Thanks for being patient with the many questions directed to you. Clearly the work you got ten years ago failed to meet your expectations. And frankly, I think this was all too common ten years ago and before.

As a former hair system wearer I do recall how the maintance became more and more tiresome over time. I certainly don't miss my "system" even though some of them these days do look very good.

I will contact Dr. True and ask him to respond to your post. However, all physicians are strictly bound by the requirement that they not divulge patient information. It would be helpful if you could email him or call him to give him permission to respond. This would also enable him to pull up your correct records.

Tony, We're all in this together and we're all here for you. Let's pull together and find the best solution for you. Perhaps Dr. True can play a role in this constructive process.

Feel free to email me directly at Pat@hairtransplantnetwork.com if you'd like.

All the best, Pat

Pat thanks for welcoming me on the forum. I had chance earlier today to go through the site and saw your profile and you nailed with the system being such a burden with the cleaning and maintaining. I have been thinking of the day to burn the systems once I get my own hair back.

You are right, these days the systems are very good not even my close friends can detect them but it gets to a point where you just don't have the energy to keep up with the maintainece.

About Dr True having my permission to post about my case, he is more than welcome to come on this site and we can hear his site of the story. I will say it now on this forum, he has my permission.

When I signed up, I gave all my information so you should have it too. But if you like I can email with all my info.

Once again I want to thank you and others on this site. I don't mind the questions, I just thought if anyone wants to go and get HT with Dr True you better do your home work and if you have too, whatever he says make sure you get it on paper.

When I went to NYC to get the system I took digital pics with my orginal hair and after I got the system.

I am going to see if I can find the CD with all the pics, if not then I have to take poloroid pics that I took couple of years ago and see if I can scan them.

Sorry if the link isn't permitted, but isn't this you Tony? This should end all the mystery. You should also send Dr. True an email giving your permission just to formalize it from his end. That way he can't hesitate and say that he hasn't heard from you personally, can't accept your message board permission, blahblahblah. So this is you, right?

http://www.hairsite6.com/gallery/tony71nov9.htm

The before pictures in that link are supposed to be the after pictures for the four HT's. Well, it would be interesting to get a pic before the 4 HT's.

Its also worth noting that the before pics (after HTs that is) were plainly taken WITH flash, whereas it appears that the hair system pictures were taken without flash. This would make the HT look worse, and the system better.

That said, if my after pictures look like that even with a flash, I'll be disappointed. Then again, I haven't seen the BEFORE HT pics.

Isn't the claim that flash pictures make the hair look thicker than it really is?

Anyway, the hair is obviously very thin. No one would be happy with that after four procedures.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

I can't conceive of how 4 sessions could have produced that. WE NEED TO HEAR FROM DR. TRUE ABOUT THIS WITHOUT A DOUBT. His results have come a long way since then, but I hope his response doesn't get him booted from the coalition like happened to his old partner Elliot some time back.

Originally posted by nikkop23:

Sorry if the link isn't permitted, but isn't this you Tony? This should end all the mystery. You should also send Dr. True an email giving your permission just to formalize it from his end. That way he can't hesitate and say that he hasn't heard from you personally, can't accept your message board permission, blahblahblah. So this is you, right?

http://www.hairsite6.com/gallery/tony71nov9.htm

you just made my life easier!! Yes those are my pics, it is from November 2001. Two or three years after the last surgery.

So should I just email him and tell him he has my permission? I guess I can do that, I was hoping Pat could contact him instead.

I don't like the way this smells after seeing the link to the "hair system testimonial" While I am certainly not questioning Tony's HT results, I think I have to question the timing of his post. I assuredly want to hear Dr. True's response, but I think something is wrong in the state of Denmark........

I could be wrong.......anyone else think I am misreading this?

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Originally posted by Mark H:

The before pictures in that link are supposed to be the after pictures for the four HT's. Well, it would be interesting to get a pic before the 4 HT's.

Its also worth noting that the before pics (after HTs that is) were plainly taken WITH flash, whereas it appears that the hair system pictures were taken without flash. This would make the HT look worse, and the system better.

That said, if my after pictures look like that even with a flash, I'll be disappointed. Then again, I haven't seen the BEFORE HT pics.

I will need to find a before the HT pic, at least now we have these pics. I was going to look for the CD to post these pics, but thanks to nikkop23 he found them.

The pics without my system was taken in the hotel room the night before the system cut in, the next day the pic was taken at farrell office where there was less light.

Originally posted by the B spot:

I don't like the way this smells after seeing the link to the "hair system testimonial" While I am certainly not questioning Tony's HT results, I think I have to question the timing of his post. I assuredly want to hear Dr. True's response, but I think something is wrong in the state of Denmark........

I could be wrong.......anyone else think I am misreading this?

What is so fishy about this? Keep in my mind what I posted in the testimonial was 5 years ago and of course back then I was happy with the systems, but now I don't want to wear them anymore.

yeah, it seems like he's over the systems so i don't think tony71 is here to push farrel. i'm sure pat has contacted dr. true, so tony just needs to send an email to true saying that he can discuss the case openly on this forum, addressing the issue that pat has already raised in a prior communication. i can understand tony's reluctance to get back in touch, but the email can be just that formal and impersonal, just enough to sanction a response. dr. true's email can be found on his website, truedorin.com

Originally posted by nikkop23:

yeah, it seems like he's over the systems so i don't think tony71 is here to push farrel. i'm sure pat has contacted dr. true, so tony just needs to send an email to true saying that he can discuss the case openly on this forum, addressing the issue that pat has already raised in a prior communication. i can understand tony's reluctance to get back in touch, but the email can be just that formal and impersonal, just enough to sanction a response. dr. true's email can be found on his website, truedorin.com

If Pat has contacted Dr True, then I will email him and give him my permission.

And for others thinking I'm here to push Farrell system, trust me I got my friend to get a Farrell system and he threw it away after a week and not to mention he called their office and just went off on them. They really did a screw up job on his system, I guess I was the lucky one.

The B spot said, "I don't like the way this smells....I have to question the timing of his post."

Huh? The date on his hairpiece testimonial is dated November of 2001. What part of his timing is suspicious? Are you suggesting it was tied to 9/11?

I do NOT understand the skepticism towards tony71, and think it unreasonable. This guy isn't here singing and dancing about toup's, and he isn't posting Farrell links, or any nonsense like that.

I see nothing whatsover that "smells" about someone who feels they got a bad HT, and is wearing a sytem to cover it up.

Moreover, even though it was 10 years ago, he's still bald, so I'm guessing its pretty fresh in his mind, eh?

I prefer to decide how this "smells" after I've heard both sides and seen all the facts.

mark h

Perhaps someone here can respond on Propecia. I gather its been around for quite some time. Was it recommended for hair in 1995?

Wasn't it initially used for prostate growth?

In any case Tony71, if the doctor had recommended it, and you didn't take it, you would not be giving yourself the best chance of success.

My understanding is that Propecia can not only sometimes restore hair, but probably more importantly it apparently retards hair loss, and can make existing hair thicker.

I've been taking it for almost a month, and although the idea didn't thrill me, I decided I needed to give it a chance if my forthcoming HT was going to have the chance for optimal results, especially over the long term.

10 years of taking propecia _might_ have had a positive effect on your hair if it could have been taken.

Monoxidil certainly was available then, because I used it myself...didn't care for it mind.

mark h

Propecia wasn't FDA-approved for MPB until 1998, so he couldn't have been taking it before getting his first 'plants w/ True. Some guys took Proscar for hair loss off-label before then, but it doesn't sound like he had enough knowledge about finasteride then and didn't want to take drugs anyway. I agree, I'm not suspicious and I was the first one to raise the Farrel issue in this thread. Again, we need True's response. I hope we're not waiting around for days before it comes.

Tony71,

I think you need to scan your pictures, post them, and email Dr. True with dispatch.

In spite of some knee-jerk reactions, I think you'll be treated fairly here, but you need to put all cards on the table so we can see your position clearly, and then get Dr. True's.

As an aside, I can't tell whether you're a particularly good candidate for HT going forward or not, but compared to your recent state of baldness, the number of grafts seems small...by today's measure anyway.

The ultra fine FU methods available today may offer much more than was possible then, but I think it must be true that getting an HT is like plastic surgery, 1000's can do it, but there are only a handful with the skill to do it right...no denigration to Dr. True either, but its 2006, not 1996, and you may want to reconsider all options.

I don't think he ever mentioned Propecia, the first time I heard about it was in 99 I think.

Before the HT I did have hair, but according to Dr True those were the hair that would fall out anyways. It was thining out, I have to go and try to find some pics and scan them if I can.

Hi Guys,

Today while I was at work I got a suprise call from Pat, which I wasn't expecting. A very nice guy and he knows what most of us are going through, he told me he has contacted Dr. True and that Dr. True wants to talk to me, which I agreed too.

Tonight, Dr. True called and we had a good conversation about my HT and what had happened in the past and he explained to me the reasons why the surgery didn't go well as expected.

There were situations that were out of his control, mostly to do with the other doctors in the office.

He was kind enough to invite me to his office in NYC in 2 weeks time, I was suprised he volunteered to pay for the airplane ticket from DC to NYC and was even more suprised at his offer if I decide to go with the surgery it would be at no cost to me.

I also want to say that I was incorrect when I said he promised me a full head of hair back then, he explained to me on the phone what he said extactly and he refreshed my memory. I guess I will leave that for him to post.

I do want to thank Pat for taking the time to call me and help me with this.