Intercytex year end clinical trial update

Rahul_39

All,

Just wondering if we can listen to any thing exciting in the new year!!

ICX-TRC(Press release from intercytex site on Dec 18 2007)

ICX-TRC is a novel hair regeneration product. It consists of a suspension of autologous dermal papilla (DP) cells. These cells are able to stimulate the generation of new hairs when injected into the scalp in close proximity to the epithelial cells which generate the hair.

In September this year we announced the first results from the current Phase II trial. In the sub-group of subjects (5 in total) whose scalp was pre-stimulated at the time of injection all subjects showed substantial and visible increased hair counts at 6 and/or 12 weeks (13-105%). We believe this increased hair production is attributable to the interaction between the injected DP cells and the stimulated resident hair producing cells.

A further 5 subjects have now been treated with ICX-TRC using the pre-stimulation technique with 2 more expected in January. By the end of March 2008 we expect to announce preliminary 12 week data on up to 16 subjects in total and preliminary 24 week data on up to 10 subjects.

Merry christmas and glorious new year 2 everyone..

Rahul

Interesting..none of the forum members are interested in future advancements in hair restoration..

I know the reason though..Probably only sentence lingering in everyones mind wud be "an offset of 5 years away from any particular time is HM's punch line".

Rahul,

I for one am certainly interested to see where hair regneration / multiplication therapy goes. If all goes well, this could indeed be the future of hair restoration surgery! Even with a renewed head of hair from hair transplant surgery, if this ever becomes fully effective, I may get it done in order to achieve real high level hair density again like my high school days.

I believe however, that Intercytex has quite a ways to go before it's ready.

But it will be exciting to read about as future advancements occur.

Best wishes and Merry Christmas!

Bill

Does anyone know whether this is a hair accelerator like minoxidil or a topical DHT inhibitor?

The way I see it we really need a strong, proven topical DHT inhibitor to complement the higher powered minox formulations.

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

What we need is to get a bald president who can institute some executive mandates towards hair loss research. Five years tops and we are cured.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I agree with thanatopsis. Forget about spending billions to send a man to Mars :-). Maybe we can get Senator Biden to start a bill. I'm pretty sure he has an old school HT in need of some repair as well.

Ya, I want tax dollars going towards *real* societal improvements -- forget NASA....

It's time to launch a grass roots campaign; us follicularly challenged brethren represent a silent majority. It is time to mobilize and educate the powerful on the ways of ultra-refined HT and unlock their desire for better and greater hair.

Indeed, the Bidens of the world who know not of the wondrous repair work that is theirs for the taking. In the meantime, vote for the presidential candidate with the greatest degrees of minaturization and recession.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

hey rahul thanks for posting. I think people are interested, they just dont like getting their hopes of over some wonder drug that should be available soon, but never ends up materializing.

it is ok to be skeptical I suppose.

in regards to mars, yeah, could never understand wanting to put a man there. even if we could, it would take trillions upon trillions to make something livable there. lets fix earth first, and put the money into folicle research icon_smile.gif

Yeah!!!! FU$K world politics!!!

I don't care about taxes, treason, and terrorism.

Give me HAIR!!!

If my city gets nuked, I don't care; as long as I got a stylish mop to die in!!!!!

We need Hairy Hugo!!!!

..."Yo veo pelon en el futuro"....."Yo veo pelon. Yo veo pelon...Pelon"...

"I see hair in the future!!!!!!!!!".."I see hair...I see hair...Hair"...

chavez-conf-bests-04.jpg.726b3b3fb318f06341c71b7fce1ee914.jpg

Chucky,

Here is the pic which according to me is a very vague interpretation of their phase1 result(please note its phase1 and not phase2).

Safety rather than Effeciency was their primary quil in phase1. During phase2 they talked about prestimulation of epidermis cells prior to injection of DP cells, which resulted in 103% hair growth(according to them).

Fingers crossed and 2007 has been a year of guessing(HM). hopefully 2008 gives foundation to new firm hopes..March should be an eye opener for a guy like me after reading their phase2 results along with few pics..!

1_image189.jpg.39d04deaacbed3112dfabbcb9a73b4e0.jpg

Thanks for that Rahul,i too hope 2008 produces more firm hopes and that intercytex release more positive information.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

• 1 year later...

hello

i'm from romania and next week i will begin some injections with stem cells, here in my country. i'm a female, 31 years old. i don't have much information about that. I search for people who made this treatement. One dose of stem cells is 800 euro here. please give me some information if you have.

THANKS