Hairloss has Ended a Life

I hate to do it, but at this point I'm compelled to quote my earlier post:

"But really, what do any of us know about this young man's mind; his perceptions and feelings... Not much I'd say."

An interesting and provocative thread, in any case. But like many others, worthy of some degree of skepticism.

I stand by my comments that suicide is the coward's way out. If you have a confidence problem and your way of dealing with it is to hurt everyone who loves you by ending your life, then you are a coward.

Is it a generalization? Yes.

The same way I'd generalize someone with a 500 credit score as someone who is completely unable to manage money.

There is always a better solution. If you cannot find the basic strength to call any of a number of FREE, CONFIDENTIAL help-line and support groups, then what you are telling me is that you are too lazy or self-absorbed to seek help when all you have to do is take very basic action.

Folks, its not even hard.

What is hard is Exorcising the demons within you that makes you put up walls around you. I venture to say that many who post here have dealt with what I'm talking about -- yet they still live, contribute, and pass on strength to others.

Yeah, suicide is a MUCH better option than earning the respect of others by display your strengths, whatever they might be, and using those strengths to make others feel good about themselves and YOU.

Yes, it takes work, patience, and perserverence. But I venture to say that people who display those characteristics are some of the people I respect most.

Yeah, that sure sucks: a young bald man who is able to earn the respect of others. Yeah, suicide is a much more noble and preferred solution.

And this shit about "you can't get girls with bad hair" is shit. What you are really saying is, "I can't get the girls I PERSONALLY desire".

I will agree completely that getting the Average woman to take an interest in you is easier without crappy hair. That is clearly true. But "I can't get any girls and it's completely my hair's fault" is an exaggeration.

I dated with NW-sucksville hair. No, not as much as I liked and certainly not the type of woman I want to marry. But you know what, the ones I was serious with I venture to say accepted my hair because they liked other things about me.

In my life, I know that pre-HT, there were two times that if I had pursued the issue a way a man should, I could have been married and in that long-term, stable relationship. But I chose not to. And it was my choice.

Listen, clearly I can't speak for everyone. If you are a miserable, self-centered, lout who complains about everything, then yes, I'm having a hard time accepting your arguments about your dissatisfaction with your life.

However, I know that people who succeed do so because 1) they knew their strengths and utilized them whenever possible, 2) they dealt with setbacks in their lives and moved on.

Do you ever get the feeling that most of the problems we create, we actually create on our own?

Certainly, society has an effect on an individual. That effect can make a life more difficult.

But I tend to believe that no setback is insurmountable as long as I understand what I can achieve and realize that I am in control of the impending result as much as I possibly can be.

I made the decisions in this. And I will accept the consequences.

That is how I think. That's why I will never commit suicide. That is one of the reason I post and one of the reasons that my bad days are always followed by good days.

I wish others could see that, or feel that way. Because once you do, you realize that you've got EVERYTHING to live for, and nothing to lose by living your life as you see fit.

Lenghty post. I realize this is a sensitive and polarizing thread. Clearly, I too have strong opinions on this.

And now you know them.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

The signals from keratin are confusing. According to the admin's reply the whole thing was a hoax. Who did you talk to on the phone and did he sound genuine? Your clarification would help a lot of people who are disturbed after being taken on a roller-coaster ride of emotions. Thanks!

Vocor

You remind me of every guy's ex wife. You say something about everything even when you have nothing to say. You consistently display a "know-it-all" attitude even when it's clear you know little.

You are opinionated to the point of desperation and are so afraid that somebody might disagree with you that most of your posts are self-righteous and contentious to a degree that I'd personally find embarassing.

Doubt it? Consider your ludicrous insistence on another thread that the only motivation women have for anything is "security." Or consider your insistence on another that Dr. Woods is doing something "wrong" because he's benefitting from his own research and hard work and not "sharing" info. And then there's your recent assertion that another post was a "shi**ty" my-doctor-is-better than your doctor post. And it goes on and on,...and on.

And now, you're asserting that you "stand by" your previous comments as if somehow somebody has assaulted your dignity, or worse, your precious opinion, WHEN IN FACT NOBODY HAS!!

Nonetheless, in your last reactionary post you launch into a self-justifying stream of morally superior indignation all based on the notion that somehow everybody else is obligated to live up to your highly subjective, notions of life and human conduct. What a crock of CRAP!! You sound like a camp counselor for developmentally challenged kids. Rah! Rah! Rah!

If you wish to believe that suicide is "cowardly" then so be it. But the rest of us are equally entitled to believe whatever our thoughts lead us to believe; that it's a personal matter for instance, and one that few people, least of all somebody like you, are likely to understand very well.

Was the guy who is alleged to have taken his life a close personal friend of yours? Did you know him, or anything about his life? I didn't think so.

Nonetheless, self-righteous, pedantic and defensive as ever you "stand by" your previous words.

Why not just give us all a break from your relentless, unproductive, self-righteous blather and accept the fact that a simple difference of opinion is nothing to take personally?

HotCreek:

Flame off. Calm down. It is an anonymous forum.

Anyone else:

Take the post for what it is -- my opinion on suicide and that it is.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

Well, I read the thread on keratin before this was posted here, and I had pretty much decided it was a hoax before it was 'proven'. I've seen this kind of thing before in other forums, some people have such a need for attention that this kind of thing is fun for them. I just feel badly for poor Jenn, especially since she talked to this prick on the phone.

<rant>

As to Vocor1's opinion, I have to say that I wouldn't have phrased it the way he did, but I agree totally. The most important thing I've ever learned is that reality, actual reality, doesn't matter. We can't experience it, it's too big, and too small, and too far away, and too close, and moving too slowly and too quickly. We process what's actually happening through our bodies and minds and upbringing and create a reality for ourselves. If this reality we've created is misery, then we'll be miserable. If it's positive and accepting, we'll be positive and accepting. There is a biological component to the world we create, and for some people this slants things towards the negative end of the spectrum, but this negativity is no more real than anything. Also, certain people with a great strength of will can project a reality onto others, which is why things like the Holocaust, and Jonestown, and Waco, and Heaven's Gate happen.

The real world just doesn't matter. None of us matter, none of our families matter, nothing on Earth matters, or in a large extent is even real. Hairloss CERTAINLY doesn't matter. It only matters how we perceive it and act upon it.

</rant>

Vocor,

Flame off? And be more like you? No thanks.

Calm down? I am calm. Always have been.

Anonymous forum? Of course it is, but I fail to see the relevance.

I'm just trying to help us all by helping you better understand your "demons" so you can "slay" them and earn our "respect" by showing us your "strength" and not have to resort to a "free" 1-800 "helpline" to solve your problems. Not that a helpline wouldn't help you. I certainly think it's possible that one could.

So, I "stand by" my previous post and would add that just as many believe that a suicidal person deserves help, some of us believe others do to. And,...as I said, I'm just trying to help.