Generic Propecia????

HK500

Yes, I believe so although I'm not sure what the name is. I got mine from the pharmacy in the hospital where my wife works. It only says finasteride on the bottle. I got a 30 day supply and then ordered a 90 day from the internet. I am still going to try to get a scrpit for proscar so it will be free under my med coverage. Does anyone know if Hasson issues scripts for proscar? I know some docs won't.

Only received it a couple weeks ago. Does it work? Hell, I don't even know it the expensive propecia I've taken for the last year worked. Seriously, for me I just have to take it for granted. However I will say this: if I get a proscar script, I will not order anymore on-line just to be safe.

Guys iam indian.working in US

I can vouch for indian medicines.they are world class.

Dr. Reddy labs is listed in NASDAQ .It is a reputable firm.

and Finax will cost you absolute nothing may be 10$ for 1 year pills .and no Dr. prescribtion is required. Go to local chemist and ask for it.

If you have any indian friends ,they usually go to india for vacation every year . As them to bring it with them for you .They will do it.

By them some indina curry later

Indian generic propecia are cheaper

but cheaper doesnt mean its low quality.

In India Labour is cheap Avg Monthly salary

would be less than $150. Thats why standard of living is low. Hence medicine etc is very cheap coz people dont have medical insurance etc.

in india we get Men's Hair Cut for 50 cents

including shaving icon_smile.gif . Its much more better than hair cut i get in US paying 15$

Doctor's visit without insurance is $1 can u believe.

So dont worry about cheap prices .

Dr.Reddy and Cipla are reputable companies.

But i have seen some website selling these Generic Propecia from india 10 to 20 times

more than rate available in indian drug store.

So best deal is to ask some of your indian friend who is on vacation to india to bring it for you.

Am from India too. Cipla is a very big manufacturing firm and produces a hell lot of medicines here in India. It is regarded as a quite a reputed firm.

Btw, am also using 'Cover-it' minox daily. I tried using Dr. Reddys' minox solution (Mintop) but it left me with a very itchy scalp. icon_frown.gif And I think Cover-it also works better than Mintop. Maybe it's only in my head, dunno.

• 2 weeks later...

I just called two pharmacies, Costco Pharmacy and CVS Pharmacy (used to be Sav-On) they both told me that generic Propecia is not available, name brand only.

After a web search I found generic Propecia available in other countries under many different names.

Is the Patent on Propecia expired?

If so why are they making the generic version available only in other countries?

There are certain products where their patents do not stretch internationally. The US patent laws are diffent and therefore you will sometimes see generics hit Europe and Canada 1st.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by YoungAsian:

Am from India too. Cipla is a very big manufacturing firm and produces a hell lot of medicines here in India. It is regarded as a quite a reputed firm.

Btw, am also using 'Cover-it' minox daily. I tried using Dr. Reddys' minox solution (Mintop) but it left me with a very itchy scalp. icon_frown.gif And I think Cover-it also works better than Mintop. Maybe it's only in my head, dunno.

hey, is "cover it" minox showing any better results for you? I have been Mintop on for a month, and i suppose itz tooo ealy for me to tell the results.

Hi,

I've been taking Propecia (the real pills) for about a year, and this time I went to refil my precscription my pharmacy told me that they aren't making propecia any more so they gave me proscar which is I guess some kind of prostate cancer drug. Well they told me to split them in 4 and that is pretty tuff since they are TINY so I'm just taking half now. Is that bad? My questions are

- Is propecia really not being made any more?

- Is it as effective to take proscar

- Is it bad to take a half?

Seriously they are nearly impossible to split in 4.

Hi guys,

Both Propecia (1 mg tablets) and Proscar (5 mg tablets) are available as generics. There are even several finasteride manufacturers:

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/i...DrugName=FINASTERIDE

Originally posted by nocarrier:

Hi,

I've been taking Propecia (the real pills) for about a year, and this time I went to refil my precscription my pharmacy told me that they aren't making propecia any more so they gave me proscar which is I guess some kind of prostate cancer drug. Well they told me to split them in 4 and that is pretty tuff since they are TINY so I'm just taking half now. Is that bad? My questions are

- Is propecia really not being made any more?

- Is it as effective to take proscar

- Is it bad to take a half?

Seriously they are nearly impossible to split in 4.

Peropecia has not been discontinued. As both propecia and proscar has the same active ingredient (finasteride), they produce the same effects. Although 2.5 mg dose of finasteride is not too high. It's not good to take higher dose, if you can have satisfactory results with the lower one.

• 6 years later...