Who is the best for Crown area?

Search threads here for crown work and I believe one surgeon's name will pop up more than others...............Dr. Wong with Hasson and Wong in Vancouver, BC. Now, I'm biased, since I primarily focused on the crown for my 2nd HT and Dr. Wong did the work. View my attached Hair Loss Weblog for before and after pics. I haven't had noticeable regrowth yet, but it will give you an idea of his attention to the crown pattern and placement.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Search threads here for crown work and I believe one surgeon's name will pop up more than others...............Dr. Wong with Hasson and Wong in Vancouver, BC. Now, I'm biased, since I primarily focused on the crown for my 2nd HT and Dr. Wong did the work. View my attached Hair Loss Weblog for before and after pics. I haven't had noticeable regrowth yet, but it will give you an idea of his attention to the crown pattern and placement.

They agree, Dr. Wong

• 4 months later...

How are doctors Rose, Shapiro, and Cooley with crowns? I want to find someone who can do a natural-looking swirl.

I know they come highly-recommended, but I could not find any pictures of crowns on their web sites. I only found one crown pic on Dr. Wong's web site. Why is that? Are crown HTs that rare???

Hi Rashomon,

Crown work is rare because it is not the most efficient place to put grafts as you would get a better cosmetic appearance if you place most of the grafts in your hairline and midscalp area. Its only if you have enough donor hair would they recommend placement in the crown.

Having said that all the docs you mentioned have done 1000's of HT's they would definately have also done a lot of crown work. I know that SMG have more pics than whats on their website and this forum, if you ask Matt Zupan from SMG he might be able to provide you some before and afters.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Don't most docs focus more on the frame of the face first? I guess since that is what most people see that would be priority for the limited donor supply. At least until the hair cloning/multiplying stuff is perfected.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Most of my hair loss is in the crown, though. Everything else looks good (in my opinion). I might be receeding just a bit on the sides, but nothing major. (I'm 37, if that helps.) It's just this big Friar Tuck bald spot that bugs me.

I'm going to try to attach pics. This is my first attempt, so I don't know if it will work or not. If it doesn't, then my hair is similar to the first pic on row 5.

Rashomon6.jpg.55c2fe52e67757192a3488641cea0da6.jpg

Rashomon,

I will post some crown work photos for you tomorrow when I get into the office. Dr Shapiro has done countless crown work. It is more rare to just do crown. I'll also try to work on our website to provide more crown work results. I think the doctors mentioned so far in your posting all do great crown work.

Troy,

I totally agree with you. I mentioned our webpage and the deficiency of pictures to Dr. Shapiro this morning, he said our webpage is getting updated shortly. Make sure you stop by to say hi to me. I saw your pictures the other day. The real short hair cut is a great look for you.

This pt received 2000 grafts in the crown area. Pre op photo1preop.jpg

Immediately post op1immediatelypostop.jpg

7 month post op1postop7months.jpg

Post op 1 yr 1postop1yr.jpg

Pt 2 also received 2000 grafts in the crown area after a previous procedure with a national hair transplant chain.

Pre op photo 2preop.jpg

10 month post op 2postop10months.jpg

I'm sorry I haven't had time to post the crown pictures. I've been very busy in surgery.

Here are some before and after pics of the crown. It's hard to make the crown really dense when you need the precious grafts for the front or top. Dr. Shapiro will only be aggressive with the crown if a patient is not in danger of losing hair elsewhere on the head.

Slide4.JPG.b10464da7bb9ccfed1efb42d47a6d67c.JPG

This is the only way I know how to post pics until I speak to Pat H.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

Slide1.JPG.d14b3f93a735dad6fe1a7c290a58b887.JPG