WARNING!!! HAIR TRANSPLANT CENTER $3 GRAFTS

TheVictim

To "The Victim" and everyone else,

If you were able to read my thread about Density a few weeks ago, you might have been able to avoid the problem you ran into.

To me, density is everything. Unfortunately there are too many doctors out there who claim hair just won't grow in a scalp that has a high density procedure. This is simply not true and has been disproven by clinics like mine and just about every other doctor in the IAHRS.

If you look below you will see photos of one of my typical patients I very recently performed surgery on. He had only ONE procedure. I gave him 1800 (plus) grafts in just the front portion of the scalp.

In 2 of the photographs I include a ruler to be used for scale. Count for yourself and see that the density is over 35 follicular units per sq cm.

Note how you can see the hairs growing about 2-3 mm in just 8 days, which is when he came to have his sutures removed. If dense packing should have killed the follicles, then how can the hairs still be growing? The answer is that they are very much alive, even at this density.

Sorry to read of your woes The victim, but you really should check out your docs closely before hand. That consent you signed would of had me in the car on the way home after reading that you can't go to another clinic to confirm the count.

Dr. Feller

Feller Medical, PC

www.fellermedical.com

Before.jpgdense-bef-side.jpgdensedistance.jpgdense-ft-after.jpgdense-lft-side-aft.jpgdensepack-1.jpgDense-scale.jpgdense-side.jpgdense-side-after.jpg

I'm not an attorney, but the contract you signed seems unenforcible. A contract can't forbid someone from attemping to verify whether the terms of the contract have been fulfilled. That kind of provision would render the contract absolutely meaningless. I am sure that your right to count your grafts yourself or have another doctor do so remains intact, regardless of what the contract says.

If it were me in this situation I'd at least call the medical board in OK to discuss the situation.

OK Med board investigations:

Mike Kiser

405-848-6841,

ext. 105

• 1 month later...

They told me I received 2034, but when counting the scabs, it looked closer to 500+. Would welcome any others opinions.

Sorry to hear your story.Are you considering having another Transplant to correct the bad work?

• 4 weeks later...

I had what I was told was 1200 grafts back earlier last year. I could never count that many. I began to think that maybe they were refering to the number of hairs, not grafts. I even called them, and they said most people actually get more than they pay for. My hair has grown out and I wear my hair currently in bangs, so it's not that noticable, but I too got the U shaped row look as did you. I'm talking currently with a doctor about fixing my hairline.

• 1 month later...
I am writing this response to the accusations from "The Victim" on this forum for The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa. I am a recent patient who had 1300 grafts from their clinic and although it has been only about 4 weeks, I can tell you they do an excellent job. I had my first surgery in Atlanta, GA, with Dr Griffin, who did an excellent job as well. but it cost me twice as much and I got half as many grafts. After hearing and reading what has been said on here, I can see that this situation is very misleading. For starters, you can't look at a picture 3 days after surgery and expect to be able to count the "scabs" to know how many grafts you received. I have my picture up at here Comments are there regarding the misleading ideas concerning "the victims" claims. It would take too much space here to discuss.

I will tell you though that the process most clinics, including The Hair Transplant Center, use to count grafts is they lay them out in rows of 100 as they are dissecting them. So it is very easy to tell exactly how many grafts they are putting in.

I just don't think there is any point in cheating someone out of a few grafts when they are already performing the surgery anyway. It just doesn't make sense and it is certainly not ethical.

Upon my suggestion, The Hair Transplant Center has decided to drop the lawsuit against the victim, as they firmly stand behind their work and have no reason to pursue this lawsuit any further. As they are not very internet savvy and had no guidance in responding to these accusations on this forum until now, they felt they had no other choice. I am sure anyone who has any questions for them can reach them through their web site. You will also find comments from patients who have previous transplants from the biggest names out there and say The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa was by far the best experience they have had and wish they would have gone there first.

As for the experience and integrity of the staff at the Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa, I think everyone should know their background and it may help you decide what to really think of them. I am posting this to let all intelligent people here who aren't working for some other surgeon form their own opinion. They will be happy to discuss anything with anyone about Hair Transplants and their extensive experience. They can be reached at their company web site

About the Staff at The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa, Oklahoma:

They Hair Transplant Center Of Tulsa has one of the most recognized staff in the industry today. In the Comments by "The Victim," he says that the surgeon did not even do the work, they had a "nurse" do it and the Dr. only removed the incision hair from the scalp. For the record I would like to clarify just exactly who this "nurse" as he said is and let all the intelligent people who might be in this forum who would like to know the truth about The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa come to their own conclusion.

"Nurse Betty" as was called by "the victim" happens to be the Surgical and Medical Director of the HTC who started doing transplants back in 1967, when she started the procedure with O'Tar Norwood M.D. For those of you who do not know who Dr. Norwood is, it may help you to know that he is the Doctor who created the "NORWOOD CHART" everyone goes by to this day as a measure of the hair loss. Her experience is unsurpassed by anyone in the industry and certainly not by anyone on this forum. She was doing hair transplants with Dr Norwood before most of the surgeons commenting here were even born. She has done every type of hair transplant that has been done and has a full understanding of the benefits and pitfalls of each.

She has been doing this very successfully for 36 years, 30 of those working beside Dr. Norwood. She personally trained Clara Prather who has been her assistant for 20 of those years and is currently assisting her at The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa. So between them, they have done more transplants than probably any other single team of Doctors in the industry.

Betty Ann Studier was also instrumental in the development of The Norwood Classification Scale, which is used by most hair transplant surgeons and staffs. She has been involved in teaching many who were interested in starting in Hair Restoration Surgery. She also assisted in training the successor to Dr. Norwood's clinic, Dr. Blaine Lehr, when he started in Hair Restoration Surgery.

She has seen the entire gamut of Hair Restoration from its inception. Whatever technique you may care to mention she has been there and done it.

She has also done teaching and training around the world. She still has requests to teach new procedures in Hair Restoration, such as teaching the latest in Microscopic Disection and Follicular Unit Transplantation with Microscopic Disection. Any surgeon in this forum would have been blessed to have had the opportunity to be trained by Betty.

Betty has assisted in gathering information for several articles written on Hair Restoration. Her name is well known in the Hair Restoration community throughout the entire world. Dr. Norwood wrote the first book on hair transplants, "Hair Transplant Surgery" and dedicated it to Betty Ann Studier. Dr. Norwood also filmed the first training instructions and was assisted by Betty.

She was acknowledged for her contribution to the introduction of Hair Transplant Surgery in "The Forum" in 1999, a magazine published by The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery.

This incredible woman has dedicated her life to the advancement of Surgical Hair Transplants, much to the delight of thousands of lucky recipients. She utilizes the latest technological advances and has been instrumental in developing a lot of them.

So ask yourself, "why would one of the most known and respected hair transplant staff in the world tell you they are giving you a certain number of grafts and then give you less?"

To be honest with you, in my experience, you wind up getting a few more because they always plant every graft that is harvested. You just don't go as far in this industry as Betty and her staff has and cheat people. I am sure she would have no problem standing by anything she has ever done and have a line of respected names in the industry behind her.

So, anyone who is serious about having hair transplant surgery at a price that is way less than most less experienced clinics offer, need look no further than The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa. This is not just ONE of the cosmetic surgeries they do at The Hair Transplant Center. It is THE ONLY thing they do.

I am writing this because I recently had a hair transplant from them and found them to be the most honest, straight forward team of people, who truly enjoy bringing about positive results in their clients. I had 1300 grafts and am very excited by the current results. I had them done on Jan 17th 2003. I went to get a hair cut about 2 weeks after the procedure and my barber, who has seen many hair transplants come through his chair said mine was the best one he has seen and could not even tell I had anything done by looking at it. Only the short hairs he could feel. This is my second procedure. The first one I had done with Dr. Edmond Griffin in Atlanta, GA. He did a great job for anyone looking to him for their hair transplant. He is just way more expensive. I currently live in Dallas, Texas now and chose the Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa to do my next HT because of their experience and price as well as their proximity, although they have the most generous travel allowance in the industry. I got twice as many HTs for half what I spent before.

As for the victim: His picture says it was 3 days after surgery. I can tell you from recent experience that

1) Many of the FU and Micrografts do not even leave a scab, just a little bump that is barely visible immediately after.

2) After 3 days there are lots of smaller scabs that have already fallen out.

I am posting my pic from immediately after surgery and you can see that there are some scabs, and lots of grafts where there are no scabs. So it is very misleading to want to count the scabs 3 days after surgery when a lot of them are gone and some grafts made such small scabs they were really just bumps, as you can see from my picture. Now from this picture I can tell you that after about 10-12 days all my scabs were gone and there was barely any evidence I even had a transplant, only a slight pink color in the skin, and after 2 weeks there was no evidence other than the little hairs you could feel if you rubbed my head. Those all fell out over the next couple weeks and now the new hairs have started growing. The second pic was taken today and you can obviously see you can't see anything. Which is definitely a sign of a great procedure.

So when I see comments about their work ranging from "poor type work" from a Dr. who has been doing hair transplants for maybe 10 years if he is lucky, it makes me wonder just how much he thinks he knows.

And about the "horseshoe" comment, that is called a hairline. If you have ever seen anyone with a shaved head, it has the same shape as you see in the picture.

And another comment from someone who was happy with the work but thought they should get a different clinic with more experience to do the hair line that they want, I don't think you will find one.

As for the other comments from potential patients of a hair transplant procedure; I can understand your apprehension and wanting to make the right decision about such an important part of your life. You want to gather all the information you can before making that decision.

Make the educated decision and at least consult with the clinic that has THE MOST EXPERIENCE in the industry, The Hair Transplant Center of Tulsa, and judge for your self.

QUOTE]

• 2 weeks later...

To the victim:

That is a total DISATER! This is the reason YOU MUST DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE!!!!!!

Before anyone considers hair transplantion you must research! This nightmare could have been avoided. There are excellent doctors out there. Please check out your doctors before!

Ask lots of questions.

Talk to there patients, look at there results. I wish you luck, keep me updated!

Thanks.

quote, "It means that a person with coarse hair will get much better coverage from their grafts than a person with fine hair. "

if that's the case. cool!!! i have really thick hair!! more coverage for me. i probably just need a few grafts. then i'll add some toppik and whala!!! full head o' hair. thanks arfy.

• 10 years later...

Not defending this clinic, but sometimes more than one graft is transplanted together in the same slit in order to produce more density. So you can't just go by the number of scabs in order to estimate grafts transplanted. However the number of grafts harvested should definitely be communicated to the patient during surgery.

Very curious as to how you came about this 11 year old thread and why you felt the need to reply?

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Hi Tommy,

I thought of the same thing when I saw the date on it. I usually come on the site and see the daily posts. I clicked on a link from another post I believe. Although I feel for patients that might not bet what they paid for, counting scabs may not be the best way of finding out what you got. I'd probably request medical records of the surgery to find out exact numbers.

• 1 year later...

I just ran across this forum and had a realll bad experience with this facility. I was told by them that all i needed for the transplant was 1500 grafts. I made the drive from colorado and had the transplant the following day. Everything seemed legit, one of the staff members drew my new hair line and was given some numbing meds as well as oral drugs for calming. After the scalp numbing things got moving along, little did i know they cut 2 do or site out of the back of my head, not only where 2 sites were not right, both cuts for the donor area where at the wrong locations for extracting. For 1500 grafts is completely over kill and could have had a full head of hair twice over. I had this back in 2009. Update i just had a new surgery about 3 weeks ago in a facility here in Colorado and was i formed not only was the procedure wrong, i only ened up with maybe 500 grafts, i not only got ripped off, i had to get severe scarring repaired by my new transplant surgeon. My current transplant went absolutely perfect and the staff was wonderful. I ended up with 3000 grafts and is starting to grow and very pleased. For anyone considering that chop shop in tulsa needs to do there homework and look around.