Rogaine use and application

I have been using Rogaine at my temples for several years. However, after going to the doctor, I now know that I have miniturization at the back of my head as well.

I've been applying the Rogaine to basically my entire head now for the last week (which is a total pain). After reading some old posts, now I'm worried and wondering if I should be doing that.

Should I be applying to my entire head or just my temple area? Maybe I should just skip it altogether? Any advice?

I have been using Rogaine at my temples for several years. However, after going to the doctor, I now know that I have miniturization at the back of my head as well.

I've been applying the Rogaine to basically my entire head now for the last week (which is a total pain). After reading some old posts, now I'm worried and wondering if I should be doing that.

Should I be applying to my entire head or just my temple area? Maybe I should just skip it altogether? Any advice?

worriedgirl,

Personally, I think you are doing the right thing by applying the Rogaine all over the scalp (even though it's a pain I'm sure). This may help slow down or stop your hair loss and may make some of the hair thicker and stronger.

Can you reference the old posts you are referring to with a link so we can see what you are talking about?

Thanks,

Bill

Yeah I've often wondered about where to apply rogaine. Reading the instructions it says it should only be applied on the crown area. I've also heard that if you use rogaine all over your head your hairs become dependent on it. is this true? Should I be applying it over? Is it like a drug for the hairs? I hope someone can help, thanks.

Originally posted by receding_rearguard:

Yeah I've often wondered about where to apply rogaine. Reading the instructions it says it should only be applied on the crown area. I've also heard that if you use rogaine all over your head your hairs become dependent on it. is this true? Should I be applying it over? Is it like a drug for the hairs? I hope someone can help, thanks.

its safe too apply all over from my understanding( i do , and many others do) the hairs that you MAY regrow or MAY just retain are the ones that will become dependent on rogaine ; in other words if your hair was gonna fall out anyway and rogaine kept it in and then u stop and it falls out, it was going to happen anyway and rogaine just kept it in. too keep any benefits you get from rogaine you must continue. and personally the foam isn't that much of a bother.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~