Finasteride and Muscle Development

Unclebeets

Does anyone know how it really affects the body as far as muscle development goes.

It would be a very big Negative if it reduced my muscle mass or made it much harder to gain muscle.

Thanks for the help, this is very serious to me.

Ok...this is just my opinion but:

1. There has been no documented evidence of a side effect of muscular declination.

2. I have been using Propecia for about 4 months now (I know, not that long), and haven't felt weaker at all, or look weaker.

I am certain, that even if there was some kind of effect, that it would be so minimal, that no difference would be observed.

But none of this is coming from any research, only my perspective. I work out on a regular basis and understand your concern.

Bill

This has been raised a number of times. Unfortunately there has been no conclusive evidence that I have seen published that targets Finasteride's effects on gaining/maintaining muscle mass.

However, I can offer you the consolation that I have not seen any detrimental effects on my own workouts' contributions to my physical goals. Keep in mind, however that I do not lift to be super-big though. I lift heavy, but I have decided not to cut my workouts into "offseason weight gain" and "on season fat loss" anymore.

I do not know what your goals are, but as far as intermediate lifting (I lift 3 to 4 times a week) and sports I have not seen a decline in performance.

Hope this helps.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Unclebeets,

I can only speak from experience. I was on Avodart for about four months. At first, I didn't see any difference in strength or indurance. After about three months, I noticed that I was not as strong as before and and was loosing muscle definition. I gave up the Avodart. Now, about two monts later, I am starting to see the trend reverse. Was it the Avodart? I can't say for sure, but I'm not going back to it to find out.

Hi,

I just wanted to share my experience with Proscar. I take half a tablet per day and I have noticed dramatic gains in muscularity. I'm an avid strength trainer, and I pay careful attention to my training regimen and diet. I'm 100% positive that Proscar has had a positive effect on my efforts in the gym.