10 weeks post op shock loss...

I'm 10 weeks post-op (71 days) and my hair is as thin as it has ever been. Hopefully it starts to turn around soon. I may have asked before, but I don't recall if there was an answer given to, "when will the hair recover when/if it will from the shock-loss?"

Thanks

Chris

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

I'm 10 weeks post-op (71 days) and my hair is as thin as it has ever been. Hopefully it starts to turn around soon. I may have asked before, but I don't recall if there was an answer given to, "when will the hair recover when/if it will from the shock-loss?"

Thanks

Chris

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

At 10 weeks you're probably through the worst of it. It'll get better from now on.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

dhuge, I know what you mean. My surgery was 2-1-06. I have had tons of shock loss as well, I think some is starting to regrow, but think it will be several more months before I can tell. Man the waiting sucks!

Originally posted by hrthr:

Just curious, where are you on the Norwood scale and where did you have you grafts placed?

Just use the search feature.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

dhuge67...

I understand exactly what you are going through, it's pretty scary! My drain got clogged in the shower at about 2 weeks after my HT with all the hair I lost. It was thinner than it's ever was but at 14 weeks post HT the hair I lost is coming back in again, thank Goodness! Keep the faith!

Originally posted by Island Girl:

dhuge67...

I understand exactly what you are going through, it's pretty scary! My drain got clogged in the shower at about 2 weeks after my HT with all the hair I lost. It was thinner than it's ever was but at 14 weeks post HT the hair I lost is coming back in again, thank Goodness! Keep the faith!

Hey, thanks!

You know, i'm not experiencing "shower-drain clogging" shock-loss by any means, but it is just thinner than it was before the surgery. Hopefully it starts to return in the coming weeks. :/

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Shock loss sucks! No doubt about it. Shocked hair should start coming back by months 3-4 but obviously takes a little time before you see a noticeable difference. Too bad there's no real way to speed up the recovery and growth phase icon_wink.gif. Hang in there............I'm in the same boat!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

I remember that dreaded period of time too, after my last Ht was noticeable thinner for the first couple of months and got a lot of shock loss due to the dense packing. I think if you get dense packed and you had existing hair(previous HT hair in my case) you will notice some shock loss. But I remember around month 3 it started looking like it was pre HT and then it was all good stuff from there on out! So, you have to keep telling yourself like I did that in a few months it'll all be worth it and was definitely the case! I love my new hair and cannot wait to get the rest of the midscalp and crown done in June. I know I might experience some more of the same shock loss but not as bad since there isn''t much hair in my small crown bald spot I am getting work done too.

What is the latest time that you can experience shock loss?

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

You can experience it as early as 2 weeks but I don't know why you'd have any after 4 weeks. Just my guess. If it's coming back, it should start growing around the 2-3 month mark though I've seen posters say it took up to 4 months. I had some and am just over 2 months but most seems to have started growing back by now.

If you have recently started Propecia, you could be experiencing a shed related to this which will recycle and come back. Just have to wait and see.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Thank you for the info.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

• 6 years later...

Thanks

Chris

Dhuge,

Did your shock loss recover? I'm at 3.5 months and look terrible. Very concerned. Would love to hear how you made out.

Dhuge,

Did your shock loss recover? I'm at 3.5 months and look terrible. Very concerned. Would love to hear how you made out.

Hi jetfan, I've noticed you've had a lot of posts recently re your shockloss. A number of them are asking for updates on very old threads (I think this is actually the oldest), and some of the members haven't been on the site in years. So just not to get the hopes up on replies!

I'd imagine it's a rough period and I'll probably be experiencing it towards the end of the year, but from the research I've done, shockloss can take anywhere from 3-8 months to recover, depending on the individual really.

Is your shockloss in the donor or around your recipient? Have you tried using Minoxidil on it?

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Yes I have been all over the boards. Luckily 6 or so people have replied and they all recovered. However I have few things working against me:

1) Medicore surgeon

2) Did not shvae

3) Shock loss was HUGE

But most of my loss was existing grafts from 04 and 08 procudures. Just really nervous now as I've had minimal regrowth and I am 3.5 months. Also my entire job is public speaking traveling face to face meetings so its killing me.

Just hope piece of shit Dr didn't transect hair follicles$