Rogaine Foam + shedding

Truth Seeker

I've been using the Rogaine Foam for the last three weeks. I still have decent coverage so I apply the foam heavily and a can lasts me about 1 1/2 weeks. I could get away with a lot less but I don't worry about applying too much; it's fairly cheap. No shedding.

I have been using the foam for years with excellent results and notice no shedding. Your mileage may vary icon_smile.gif

1.25 mg finasteride EOD

Rogaine Foam 5% QD am

Kirkland minoxidil 5% QD pm

Nizoral Q2W

American Crew Revitalize Shampoo

im using rogaine foam for almost 2 months, im 19, i feel like devestated my frontal half, but im sticking with it for a year anyway, i mean half the transplant on here look like shit until 7 or 8 months too

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Been using the foam about 5-6 weeks now and I've have been shedding since week 2 or so. Hoping it eases off soon. I've heard a shed is a sign its working tho...so fingers crossed.

I'll use it for a year as recommended, no point in quiting now! hehe

I have been using minoxidil for close to 5 years now, I have never had any shedding. Have been using rogaine since past 2 years. My crown & vertex region has definitely improved with acceptable regrowth. I haven't had any regrowth in the mid section but it has made the individual hairs thicker which helps me style my hair better.

I think that if you shed that means it's working. The hairs that were on the verge of dying off will shed. While the stronger hair becomes stronger. I shed ALOT for the first month or so, but have not seen any shedding since.

• 2 months later...

I have started the Foam within the past few weeks and am shedding like crazy! I've been filling the sink with 30-40 hairs every morning when I briefly comb, and my pillow looked absolutely obscene this morning with about 50 hairs on it (and yes, this pillow was only used for one night). I know this might be a good sign but it's not easy to watch.

Disclaimer: Is it the foam??? I cannot be sure. About two months I quit using Propecia and 2% minoxidil from the dropper. I used Propecia for 7-8 years but recently had concerns about side effects so I decided to stop for awhile. I've continued using the 2% minoxidil once a day in the evening (never used it in morning due to appearance), but added the 5% foam in the morning.

joey.... since you stopped the propecia, it may be that the intense shedding is just losing what the fin was helping you keep.... just a thought

my reg is:

propecia 1mg EVERYDAY

minox 5% twice daily (f the foam)

nizoral 1%

say la V old buddies .... i'm tryin to keep you