Donor scar

Has anyone had small tender bumbs in the donor scar? Maybe just one or two? If so do you know what causes it and will it eventually dissapear? Also how long does it take on average for shock loss to come back in? Or will it? Any response is appreciated.

Has anyone had small tender bumbs in the donor scar? Maybe just one or two? If so do you know what causes it and will it eventually dissapear? Also how long does it take on average for shock loss to come back in? Or will it? Any response is appreciated.

How far along are you? I had bumpiness after my last HT. In my case, most if not all of it has since returned to normal. As far as shock loss goes, most of it should grow back in about the same time as your grafted hairs begin to grow in. Some shock loss, however, may be permanent. Everyone is different.

i still have tenderness and a few areas that are bumpy on my scar. i must be a slow healer. the scar is still pinkish and it is almost 5 months post. the scar is pretty fine though; maybe 2-3mm in width on average. everyone keeps telling me the same thing (which is nice) that everyone heals differently and that the pink will fade with time.

• 2 weeks later...

i had a few of those after ht #1. They were in fact ingrown hairs. They healed quickly with a topical triple antibiotic.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

-- If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

-- The truth only matters if you know about it.