Shaved Heads - At the Work Place

nm76

Hi,

Just wondering what others think about this? Such that, are shaved heads considered unprofessional at the work place? - I speak in reference to the corporate/white collar world. Not in sport, acting, self employed, manual labour, etc type places.

There is typically a stigma associated with people who shave their heads - you know, the bad ass guy - do you think this impedes one's progress in the work place, or has anyone who has shaved their heads felt that it may have?

Any comments or experiences are welcomed,

Thanks

I'm in the financial business; investments, insurance, etc. and I can tell you that is a very popular look especially among younger - 30 - 40 year olds, and most people I come in contact with wear suits daily.

And, I do business in and around Atlanta, but I also travel to New York, Los Angelos, Boston, etc. and find this look relatively popular among investment firms.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I'd 2nd what Dewayne has said....only thing I'd add is that when you shave your head -- just like any other defining physical choice (or change), it has certain ramifications associated it with, usually correlated to stigmas and stereotypes.

So, you shave your head....IMO, this will intensify the effects of however you choose to dress...if that makes any sense....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

• 2 weeks later...

I work as an engineer and most of the ones with balding hairlines shave it down. I did this myself also. My problem with me shaving my head is that people consider my intimidating and mean looking. Last year when I shaved my head off for a while, I had several people want to have a bar fight with me or think I am a racist. I think skinheads ruined the bald look for young white guys.

I just shaved my head actually using a half inch clipper. I'm not a white collar worker but as a sandwhich maker at a sub shop, nobody thinks its bad in any way. I think for me it kinda looks better, I save 14 bucks, and plus it makes me look more bad which helps in getting the ladies. This is just my opinion, but I wouldn't worry about it.