How Long for a Mature HT?

uncjim

After posting my 8 month pics, I felt that this was the end of the story. I was wrong. Things continue to get better.

It has been stated numerous times throughout this forum that the "gestation period" for an HT is about one year. I've got to tell you that I now believe this to be true.

What I am seeing now, at 9 1/2 months, is far denser and more natural looking in appearance than what I saw even a couple of months ago. The difference is just as dramatic as the 6-8 month period. It's an amazing process.

I'll post one year pics. Thanks.

Jim

Uncjim's Journey

"Temples 'n Crowns Forever"

Uncjim's Hair Loss WebLog

After posting my 8 month pics, I felt that this was the end of the story. I was wrong. Things continue to get better.

It has been stated numerous times throughout this forum that the "gestation period" for an HT is about one year. I've got to tell you that I now believe this to be true.

What I am seeing now, at 9 1/2 months, is far denser and more natural looking in appearance than what I saw even a couple of months ago. The difference is just as dramatic as the 6-8 month period. It's an amazing process.

I'll post one year pics. Thanks.

Jim

Uncjim's Journey

Wow Jim!

Super update. I'm very pleased for you and how it turned out. It's exciting to hear that it keeps getting better too. I'm just 4 weeks off of my second HT, which was done at only 6 months after the first for a total of 4,400.

Click for - My Pix, and Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling, and healing.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/mentor/mentor_profile.asp?Mentor=Joecifus

Jim,

Your words are music to my ears... and your photos continue to be a fabulous scenery to my eyes! Man, your results are great and your comments really help when I'm short on patience waiting for things to develop.

I am at the 4 1/2 month mark and am struggling a bit right now. If this were the end of the line, I'd be fine with the results I have because I am so much better off than before, but it would not meet my expectations... and I know it shouldn't at this time... but only recently have I begun to have doubts as the waiting is me. I have to post some pictures so you and others see my results to date.

More to follow,

Mr. T

Mr.T,

I know that you've heard this before, but it's true. The rollercoster is real.

I had huge "downs" during the process, to the point where I pretty much drove my wife and kids a little nuts. It wasn't until 5 1/2 months that I started to see anything that resembled cosmetic value. After that, I "took off".

Us repair patients may feel things a little differently, having to also deal with the issue of "am I ever going to look natural". What can I say but "it works." OH YES IT DOES and it will for you. I KNOW IT WILL.

I can't wait to see you're happy face my friend.

Jim

Uncjim's Journey

Great post Jim and congrats on your continuing improvements. I'm only 8 days post-op so I guess that means I'm just getting on the infamous rollercoaster. I'll have to look at this thread when I hit the bottom. Here we go.............

Hairseeker-

I agree that I was on the fence as being a bit too early. But, for personal timing issues, I pretty much had to do it then (doc Epstein out of Miami wouldn't do it until the 6 months minimum).

Plus, two other things were in my favor - I was slick-bald and didn't risk harming native hairs. And, he authored a med journal article I read having to do with sporadic, yet consistent placement of the first transplants, with a map in mind of where to place the following FUs. That way even if a hair hasn't popped, or is already dormant it won't get transected even though it's not visible.

Click for - My Pix, and Mentor page with advice on Choosing a Doc, anti-swelling, and healing.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/mentor/mentor_profile.asp?Mentor=Joecifus