nope

Glare

The grafts looks quite large and spaced far apart; I'm running behind in my coffee intake today so my perception might be askew (I hope). How many grafts did you receive and which doc did you go to?

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Glare,

Welcome to our forum. I also see that you started to create a hair loss weblog here.

Can you provide us the surgical details, number of grafts, physician etc?

I agree with thanatopsis that the grafts are spaced far apart (which isn't unusual if your choice was to go for coverage over density) and the incisions appear quite large.

Larger incisions could be indicative of the use of larger grafts (minigrafts) but not necessarily. Minigrafts are hairs that contain follicular units in groups of 3 to 8 and when too many are used, they can appear pluggy taking away from a natural look.

Assuming your surgeon used follicular unit hair transplantation (follicular units are hairs as they occur naturally in groups of 1s, 2s, 3s, and 4s), you will receive a nice, but low density covering all over your scalp. You can then decide to go back and add more to add density.

I hope you'll come back and share the details of your surgery, physician, and keep us posted on your progress.

Best wishes,

Bill

without more info it's tough to call exactly what's going on here, but the grafts do look very large and spaced far apart. not exactly ultra-refined work. i'd be surprised if this provided any kind of real density...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I would like to wait until I have completed my process before I list the surgeon. I agree the grafts are spaced a little far apart however I was interested in getting more coverage than simply density. The Plan is to come back and fill in the crown and add in more density. As you can see I have a large coverage area. I think we would all agree that I am a multi-session candidate. I am not looking to get a full head of hair. My intention is to match the tuft at the front. If I can get that, I will be very satisfied. The reason I don't want to list the surgeon yet, is because I don't want to get into that type of dissussion. I want to focus on where I am going and What I can expect. So far I am really happy with what is going on up there. I am at week ten right now, so surely it is only going to get better. I would appreciate any type of feed back positive or negative.

Guest wanthairs

glare-

I hope it ends up looking good.

However, according to the type of work out there it is very dated technique, purely for the reasons the above posters mentioned. I think it is important you list the surgeon.

Offended, No way. Not my style. It is a combination of Fu's and Micro. I am just here to share my experience. There are just certain cans of worms I don't want to open up right now. I will list the surgeon, however, not until the results are in. The funny thing is I am in technology. New technology is not always the best practice and doesn't work for everyone. example Windows Vista. Alot of people got sold on it. It was really just another way for Microsoft to push hardware/upgrades. I have also looked alot of other images on here and have yet to see an image that is as detailed as mine. It is pretty close and high resolution. Not sure of the graft count, however, like I said a mix of FU and Micro and roughly 8,000 hairs. Due to the amount of area I needed covered I felt this was the right option for me. Maybe a mistake, who knows. It is done and so far looks pretty good to me. If it works out I am looking to do another session of about 8,000 hairs.

Hello Glare,

What part of Tennessee are you from? I'm in North Georgia about 35 miles south of Chattanooga.

Anyway, that's what we do on here - critique htp's. For example, if you look at my 1-month prior to ht pic on my weblog you might have one opinion of my previous job. But, if I say where I had it done you could easily go on their website and find that they do minigrafting of 3-10 hairs and generally the same way as in 1991.

So, while you are correct on the technology thing (you aren't Ted Kazinski are you?), medical procedure advances are typically good things.

I did keep some of my old mini's, but you might consider getting your next session of 100% FU's as to get a more natural result. Just thinking out loud. I've been there, brother, and it's a worse feeling when people start noticing it - even if it's 10 years down the road.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I have also looked alot of other images on here and have yet to see an image that is as detailed as mine.

i don't think you've been looking at all the pics then...check out any of doc feller's pics, mine included

http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/256...941091453#3941091453

you can actually see the individual hairs sticking up. also, if you look at the last pic in my series, you'll see the work of my first ht doc, which looks similiar to yours. he used micros as you can tell by the large scabs. i was less than pleased with the outcome....

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Dang, that's a heck of an education, and for anyone wanting to know more about "mini" grafts should revisit this thread with hairthere, Dr. Feller, Spex and Bill.

Mine is similar, in that some pictures my hair looks ok but I'd hate to see it shaved down. I doubt I really got 300 grafts as I was told, based on the 50 or so Dr. Cooley just removed. All of my "hairline" and crown hairs were removed, but that seemed to be the majority.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Glare,

hope it all goes well for you. not sure comparing MS with HT is the right thing. i definatly waited for the latest & greatest when it came to HT procedure. man, i have always been put off the "old" techniques that gave pluggy results...so for me i would always go with the latest FUT that most of the top Doc's are going...but like i said, good luck to ya...

happy growing

fs

Guest josh - b

hi glare,

It looks to me that u got fu into your hairline and minigrafts for the rest of your head.

Hopefully you'll get a pleasing result.

I'm not sure who your doc is but for your next procedure a doctor performing more refined work might be a better option.

all the best to u

hey glare please don't call pics on here , I am the self appionted pics guy , now you havn't looked very far to see better pics have you ?

check this out for detail

PB020101.jpg

then if you want to see more check out my blog , details are in my signature , also I have done a easy to follow guid on taking pics

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=146274

Please don't make bold statements without doing your home work bud , just annoys folk .

Anyway I wish you all the best with your recent transplant , good growth my hairloss comrade

paperrazzi richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

You guys are awesome. Congratulations. Your pics are amazing. I just took the pictures off because evidently they were not up to par with you guys. No point in leaving them. All I said was, "I have also looked alot of other images on here and have yet to see an image that is as detailed as mine" I didn't say it was the best. Anyways, Didn't really think I was the one attacking anyone on here. It is one thing to be critical and informative, it is another to be critical and attacking. I simply came here to share. in response to, "not sure comparing MS with HT is the right thing" Funny thing is I heard of a new surgery for removing the appendix this morning. They take it out through your mouth. Cut a hole in your stomach, clip it, bag it and pull it out your mouth. Doesn't sound like much of aa advancement to me. I wish everyone on here the best. I was only sharing and commenting back. Some of you guys just get your panties in a wad. I have been shaving my head for years. If it doesn't work out, thats fine. I will just shave it again. I'll have a scar, so what. I have a hot wife, beautiful little girl and kick ass job. MY best wishes and good luck guys.

Glare,

You posted your pics on a public forum and asked for input. ("I want to focus on where I am going and What I can expect. I would appreciate any type of feed back positive or negative.") You didn't like what you heard, which was all helpful and honest advice designed to let you know that you might not get very dense results or that you might not have recieved modern work, so you pull the pics. You also claim that you have not seen more detailed pics on here, so we just posted to show you otherwise.

And your pics are fine, it's your Ht work that's questionable...

I never said I didn't like what I heard. I never said anything negative about anyones comments. I appreciate the response and I am taking them into consideration. I got feedback there was no need to continue the dissussion. It is poor work, the results are going less than expected and it will probably be pluggy. Is there something else I need to know?

Your words.....

"It is one thing to be critical and informative, it is another to be critical and attacking."

"Some of you guys just get your panties in a wad."

Your actions:

Nope, picture removal.

Glare,

I'm not sure why exactly you removed your pictures, but whether or not they look like another's results, I still encourage you to share your pictures and progress with us. At the very least, we can offer support and encouragement. Don't confuse honesty and constructive criticism with negativity and attack.

And like I said, you may still come out with a decent result, it will just lack density since a larger area was covered.

I hope you'll reconsider posting your pictures.

Best wishes,

Bill

That's all, but there's something you can share with the rest of us...how the hell do we get our panties unwadded? You seem to be an expert on the subject.

Members,

I encourage you to give Glare your honest feedback as you have been, but let's remember that he just got out from surgery and isn't exactly sure what to expect. Let's cut him a little slack with the pictures discussion and focus on his hair transplant journey on this thread. Don't you think?

Bill

Bill,

Your post was fine. I have read alot of your posts and you are very straight forward. That is a good thing. I hold your thoughts and opinions very high on my list. I may be back, I will let the results come in and I may repost with all the details. Thanks again.