Hair Loss Laser Comb

• Moderators

The hairmax laser comb is expensive. If you want to try a laser comb, look around for a less expensive one.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• 1 month later...

id say as with everything you only get what you pay for, there is a company on ebay selling genuine hairmax laser combs that have been returned to them much cheaper than they retail for.. the cheaper versions could be using red LEDs instead of a laser or budget laser tubes

ref the cost id say even buying one new is very cheap when you think about how long they last & compared to 6 months treatment using a laser helmet at a hair regrowth studio ( ??3000+ )

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
I've been using a Lasermax 90 since about the beginning of the year and been getting great results. I don't know if the combs work because I haven't used them. I decided to go with a unit that has 90 lasers instead.

You can check it out here www.thelasermax.com if you're interested.

You're asking to get banned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is what the HT Doc told me. He told me he does have a very expensive model in his office. There is many theories on how it exactly works, but he has yet found a proven theory. He told me he has personally seen results from some people, while others had absolutely not effect at all. Straight up, he said if I had the disposable income to invest in one, I might see results in 9 months or so. He has not see results any sooner than that. However, he recommended doing a propecia/rogaine stack. If prices drop down in the future I may invest in one, but I am not going to buy into the hype. I do have professional experience in FDA disease/cure claims that products push off. The statistics are pretty much horrible. Just because something has been evaluated does not mean that it is a cure, or that is definatively works. I rather believe the reviews off of this board.

• 4 weeks later...

I use one to heat my soup!

Seriously though, don't fall for the hype it is an unproven treatment method and for the very small number of people that may show results it is probably down to the simple fact that when one knows that something positive is taking place the stress levels go down and things start to happen to the body, eg the hair starts to regrow, a simple and well known fact.

If you are seriously looking at a better head of hair take it from someone who has tried almost everything out there, get a hair system, or a FUE transplant, or wait a while and stem cell hair growth is literally round the corner..things that actually work and the results are, especially wearing a good system, instantaneous.