Dr Rahal 2,44o graphs

Mp96

Mp96,

The work looks great. Nice looking hairline and very refined work. The key with this approach however is that hou halt any further hairloss. Could you give us info on your age, if your taking meds and how long you've had hairloss. Thanks.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Nervous Nelly,

Thanks..I am 32 years old and I have been off propecia for about 4 months because I wanted to lose as much hair before the procedure...

I have been receiding for about twelve years and I had to do something about my problem.

I am planning on being committed to propecia in the near future..

Mp96, I had a very similar pocedure done a week ago by Rahal, with the same amount of graphs, almost exactly. It's been 7 days for me now, and I am still quite red in the recipient area, with just a small bit of soreness. Doesn't seem like any of the transplanted hairs have shedded at this point. Have yours? Looks good though man, Rahal is a great doc I think

Delawaredude,

I don't see your pics anywhere, sorry if l have missed it. I would be great if you could phost your progress since i am intrested in all Rahal results.

I am actually going in at the 19th of July for 4000-5000 grafts.

Hey guys,

I am sorry but my pics have been a total pain to post. I have been really busy, but will try to get them on. My issue is they show my whole face and I am trying to block out the 'ol identity. I am at day 10 now and everything is great. Scars starting to come off, plan on getting stitches out in a couple days. Very happy with everything, just wish I could exercise! Sorry for the delay with the pics!!

Mp96- from my newbie-whose-catching-up eye, it does look really good. Other than the bushiness (fullness) of your native hair, you and I appear to have the same type of hairline- so naturally I am verrry interested in your experience with Dr. Rahal.

Happy healin' n growing!

Guest Brad Limmer

Mp96,

Don't be committed to propecia in the near future, get back on it now. There is no need to wait and you cannot benefit from it if you are not on it.

Based on the pre-op photos, your hairline was most likely stable. Prevention of future loss is key to your long term happiness and avoidance of additional transplants to chase after future loss. So while I would not have stopped the Propecia, don't be worried as you have probably not lost much in the overall/long term picture.

I hope you were not insructed to stop propecia prior to your surgery. For those who are contemplating transplantation stay commited to medical therapy before, during and after your transplant. The only thing I have my patients stop is Rogaine for about a week prior, but then restart 10 days post op.

I tell all my patients that medical therapy and surgery go hand in hand. They compliment eachother, each doing something the other cannot. Medications are great at prevention(and some definately grow hair back) while surgery can be used to replace what has been lost(especially true for the frontal hairline and temporal recessions. Remember, mediacl therapy is like brushing your teeth. It is something you have to do everyday if you hope to save your hair, just as brushing your teeth daily prevents tooth decay.

Brad Limmer, MD

Brad Limmer,

Thanks for your concern. I am currently back on propecia and planning on being religious about it this time out. I understand that I need to stay on it for the prevention of future hairloss.

I am at day 10 now and the scabs are slowly falling off and it looks like a lot af dead skin. I am not red at all in the transplanted area which I find is a good thing.

I am finding it fusterating not being able to work out...

DOes anybody know if it is crucial to wait an entire month before playing any strenious sports or activities? If I went back at the 3 week mark should it be ok?