2500 Grafts by Dr.Rahal - 13th December 2007

restart2008

Hi everybody i have uploaded the pics of my surgery with Dr.Rahal.

You can see them on my Photo Album or my Hairloss Blog

I am 24 years old and live in Germany.

At the age of 20 i had my first surgery.

It was in Germany and they cut out Punch Grafts from my Donor.

The density of the result was very bad.

In December 2006 I had another surgery 1400 grafts in turkey. It was better than in germany, but the density still didn`t make me happy.

So i finally decided to go to one of the top class surgeons, and after seeing many good results i chose Dr.Rahal.

The surgery went very well, 2500 Grafts were transplanted in about 7 hours.

I think this time it looks pretty good and I hope the results will make me happy.

I am also using Propecia and Regaine to fight further hairloss.

Dr.Rahal told me that i have enough hairs for another surgery because the density of my donor hair is very good.

restart,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant surgery with a well renowned physician.

Thank you also for creating a hair loss weblog and posting your photos in our hair transplant photo album.

Feel free also to share your detailed surgical experience on this thread.

I look forward to following your progress.

Bill

restart2008

It was very nice meeting you last week and I'm glad you made it home safe to Germany.

Please keep us updated with your progress and If you need anything at all please contact me.

Happy Holidays to you and all the best for 2008!!

Best wishes!!

Adrian

Rahal Hair Transplant Institute - Answers to questions, posts or any comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice.    All comments are the personal opinions of the poster.  

Dr. Rahal is a member of the Coalition of Independent of Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 2 weeks later...

restart,

It looks like you still have a great number of scabs at this point. Be sure to follow your physician's postoperative instructions to remove the scabs.

At 17 days postop, the grafts are firmly in place. Very soon they will start to shed and then the waiting game is on.

Best wishes for restoring your hair. I look forward to following your progress.

Best wishes and Happy New Year!

Bill

The work does look good but I would think that the scabs should start to fall off. As Bill stated, make sure that you are keeping area clean and making an effort to slowly massage recipient area in the shower.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Originally posted by NervousNelly:

The work does look good but I would think that the scabs should start to fall off. As Bill stated, make sure that you are keeping area clean and making an effort to slowly massage recipient area in the shower.

Armani and Rahal have different post-op instructions...a month with no washing if I remember correctly

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dear....congratulation for restarting ur new year with new hairs.

What i advise to my patient.........I usually allow my patient to shampoo his hairs after 48hours.........keep in mind shampoo with the help of a luke warm water through mug(Bowel),The patient are advised not to touch the planted hairs for 10 days in any case however gently rubb with help of pulp of the two figers the donor area during shampooing his hairs to get fine scar.

The patient are allowed after 10days to take direct shower on the planted hairs and to rubb it gently again with the pulp of two fingers but in round dirction thats may be clock wise or anti clock wise.

Its strictly advised that there should be scab after 17 days..as it may result in infection.

To soften the scab.....Olive oil may be used for an hour before taking shower.

Theffnext thing which is very important for u that there should be no dandrup for the 6 months........and if any please use anti dandruff shampoo.

Again there may be pimple in your palnted area....wheich is usually 1% of the total transpalnted grafts.This is quite normal,this is not an indication of infection .Just clean it with alcohol swab..........nothing more.

One thing more that ur area ll be num for some time.Its normal.The sensation came back @

1mm/day .

if u have any question,dont hesitate,plz ask.

I ve added new Photos to my Blog and album!!!

Thank you doctor ashfaq for your advices.

Since yesterday I wash my hair normally. I mean i am allowed to massage the transplanted area.

I have lost many of the transplanted hair in the bathroom, i hope they will all regrow :/

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...