me nervous ht around the corner

hi, I've got my ht booked, flights booked and now I'm a little worried about what Ive got myself in for. I've been a bit stressed over other things lately and I haven't been able to focus on the up coming ht that's in a month time. I'm concerned of new issues arising if I'm not happy with the results (bad hairline, too many grafts/ not enough grafts/ final result looking dodgy not matching native hair) and I'm trying to think of how i can make sure I've thought of everything before its too late for a successful ht...

The fact that you're flying somewhere tells me that you've done your research (who'd you choose out of curiosity). It is completely natural to be nervous before the big day. Just know that it is a road well traveled! There will be more emotional ups and downs over the next 6 months, but you will be happy in the end.

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel

i chose Rahal, now im hoping it all goes well, a natural hairline and whether or not I go for the right amount of grafts. I still need to discuss the procedure with him in more detail - from my online pics Dr.Rahal mentioned 2300 but i'm not sure yet. Maybe i might go for 2500/2700 but that might be unrealistic when you consider further hairloss, however i want a good result in one sitting, i dont want to be wishing i got more afterwards if possible. Dr. Rahal will have to advise me when he meets me in person.

well if i got 2500 that would leave me plenty of donar hair for another ht down the line. But im guessing the higher number of grafts that safe to get the better. By the way has anyone any interesting insight into the design of the infamous hairline - like the design of a natural hairline? i was reading elsewhere about the wall behind a wall hairline which sounds more appealing as opposed to a thick wall of hair in the hairline although plenty of real natural hairlines are a wall of hair also. I think soft and irregular could be good, i suppose it depends on the individual

Yes, it is natural to be nervous. But the actual procedure is not bad at all. You have picked a top doc so you are in great hands.

Read some of the weblogs to get a feel for what various people experienced. In my weblog, I described the day of the procedure and the following couple of weeks in some detail. I hope it is helpful for you and calms your nerves.

Jojo,

Being nervous is perfectly normal. I remember even months before my scheduled hair transplant procedure I would start to have weird dreams - some of which involved the end result being thrilled that I finally had hair, and some including dreams of what it might be like in the surgical chair for the first time. It was a bit scary and when I thought about the upcoming procedure the closer I got, the more I felt knots in my stomach.

But you have chosen a world class surgeon and clinic to perform your hair transplant. Take comfort in that and knowing that this community stands firm behind you.

If there is anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to send me a private message.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

jojo- had the same nerves and worries you did. I think that most of us do.

I just got done with Rahal and he is truly an artist!! If you have these concerns call him. He is more than willing to answer any and all questions that you may have. He answered questions of mine before, during and after my procedure. He is very approachable and understanding.

Check out my post as I just had my procedure on Wednesday of this week.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...