Does hair only look good dry after HT?

I punched in wet hair in the search tool because I was wondering when hair is wet if it looks very thin after HT. Like if you jump in the pool is it o my god I didn't know your hair was that thin or you look bald. What i'm asking I guess is does the hair only look good dry? Will I still never go in my own pool or at least never go under the water? Also I am just starting on my 7th week since ht and there are a few hairs starting to grow on the new hairline, is this possible all ready or are these maybe shockloss hairs starting to grow back? The original hairs already fell out of the transplants . Scott

I punched in wet hair in the search tool because I was wondering when hair is wet if it looks very thin after HT. Like if you jump in the pool is it o my god I didn't know your hair was that thin or you look bald. What i'm asking I guess is does the hair only look good dry? Will I still never go in my own pool or at least never go under the water? Also I am just starting on my 7th week since ht and there are a few hairs starting to grow on the new hairline, is this possible all ready or are these maybe shockloss hairs starting to grow back? The original hairs already fell out of the transplants . Scott

Hey worried

I think you're the guy who had work done at Bosley a few months ago.

I haven't had a HT myself (one is scheduled) and I haven't seen a wet HT in person, so using the only experience I do have which is basically, knowing what diffuse thinning hair looks like in photos and being able to "detect" little subtleties that tell me about the true density - based all on my own diffuse loss.

From what I can tell, it's unlikely that you'll get away with it. It's hard enough for the best of HT's to look non-balding when dry and in the sun. The primary reason being that their just isn't enough hairs. The parting gaps are alot wider than normal, and when you clump the hair together you'll see alot of scalp.

Scott,

You're question is a good one and it doesn't seem to come up much. Most who have had HT's don't choose to gel their hair for this very reason.

In reality, if you get decent density from your HT (45-55 per sq cm), and you grow your hair out 2-3" "wet" hair should look okay. Take a look at this link to Jotronics website showing a slicked back wet look. Now, he's had lots of grafts (7800+), but I think it shows that HT's can look good "wet" with now appearance of balding. I'm aware in a pool, or swimming, you're hair won't be combed and look perfect, but still, if you have decent density I don't think anyone's going to be giving you a second look.

Hair growth at week 7 is very possible/probable. I'm now appoaching my 3rd month post-op from my 2nd HT and have been growing since week 6............my shocked hair started growing back at a little past the 2 month mark.

Hang in there......sounds like your quickly approaching the fun stage of watching it all come together.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Worried,

Hair transplantation is a numbers game, pure and simple, however you need to realize that even guys with little to know hairloss can look thin when their hair is wet. There is nothing wrong with this so don't worry if you have a fuller look when dry and a thinner look when wet. It's natural.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Jotroni, do you still work for H&W.. I am thinking about getting my work done there too after looking at all these magasessions, there isnt anybody like that here in FL..