New boy needs help ...

Just had my second HT on the 10th March 09 with Dr Feller and to be honest i'm at a loss as to whether things are going well or not ... I had 2900 grafts approx into the front third via strip and they've just about all shed now. A lot of the hairs that shed were kinked at the bottom with a very small black dot, does anyone know if this is normal? It also looks like i've lost a lot of hairs that were there naturally or from my first HT. Do they grow back?? I'm pretty much bald in the areas that were worked on.

My first HT was with AlviArmani and the results were nothing short of terrible so i'm actually really nervous that it just wont work on me.

Any advice would be great.

Just had my second HT on the 10th March 09 with Dr Feller and to be honest i'm at a loss as to whether things are going well or not ... I had 2900 grafts approx into the front third via strip and they've just about all shed now. A lot of the hairs that shed were kinked at the bottom with a very small black dot, does anyone know if this is normal? It also looks like i've lost a lot of hairs that were there naturally or from my first HT. Do they grow back?? I'm pretty much bald in the areas that were worked on.

My first HT was with AlviArmani and the results were nothing short of terrible so i'm actually really nervous that it just wont work on me.

Any advice would be great.

At this point it is far too early to say whether your Ht is going to be a success or not. You are stuck playing the waiting game. You sound very anxious already (understandably so) but you really must give this HT the full year before you start to judge. You went with one of the very best surgeons in the world so you should feel some comfort in that fact. Good growing to you!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I've been on finasteride (proscar) for about nearly three months now after a nine month break. Previous to that i had been taking it for about four years. I'm pretty sure it was slowing the process down.

Just started to apply Regaine (miox 5%) once a day onto the transplanted area. Is this a good idea?

The work i had done with AlviArmani was FUE. I opted for the strip this time cause i thought maybe the result would be better. I must say that having the strip has been far more scary. I've quite a bit of shock loss at the back below the actual cut but i've been told this will grow back.

Thanks for the replies.

Welcome to the board. Any chance you can post pictures of both procedures? What did Dr. Armani or Pats205 say about your FUE result? When did it take place? Good luck with your latest HT with Dr. Feller. I hope you end up with a great result.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Guest wanthairs

jonrctim---

Its well known that Armani is a fuck-up artist with many of his patients.

And everything you describe is totaly normal. You will look bald for the first three or four months after a procedure. Ive heard docs say Rogaine speeds up the results and I used it after both my transplants and still do.

jonrctim,

Congratulations on your hair transplant with Dr. Feller.It is wise to use rogaine post op, especially to help prevent shock loss and maybe accelerate the growth of your transplant.I would recommend that you increase the dosing of rogaine to twice per day, and that you also apply it to the donor area. The shock loss in the donor area should grow back within a few months. Good luck.

Listen guys, thanks for you repsonses .... I like to think of myself as a man's man but this shit aint easy. I'll try and get some pictures on in the next few days.

The difference between Armani and Feller was night and day. I travelled to Toronto for my procedure with Armani Oct 07 and he had me booked me in on a Bank Holiday!!! No one from his clinic contacted me to tell me this or advise that there had been a mistake. I returned the next day and was told i'd be done then. He did a 7000+ mega session FUE on a young Korean guy, 3000 FUE on an English guy who i still keep in touch with and myself 2800 FUE. I was in the clinic from 7.45am and i didn't leave until nearly 10pm. I didn't get the chance to really discuss with him what i was looking to acheive, probably he was too busy. I feel he basically lowered my hair line which in-effect has given me a larger area in total to cover. Just seemed more about getting the money than getting the results. I did contact the clinic to say i wasn't happy. I was asked to send in pics which i did, then i was asked to send in more pics but i just got the feeling i'd be wasting my time. I know the best i could hope for is that he does me again but i'm not sure i'd want that.

jonrctim

I am three weeks ahead of you and it sounds like our procedures were very similar. My transplanted hairs looked exactly the same as yours as they shed - it's nothing to get worried about.

Hairs from previous HTs can also be affected by shock loss.

Heal well.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website

Just checked your hair loss blog Acrobaz ... All looks pretty similar mate except my donor ares is still looking pretty scary with a lot more shock loss than shown in your pics at approx the same time. This is definately a concern!!

I admit I have been luckier than some on that front. The speed of the recovery period all depends on physiology, which varies from person to person.

People say that rogaine helps with regrowth although I've not used it myself. I used Vitamin E oil for a few weeks then stopped. Beyond that, I think it's just mother nature.

If you post some pics then the veteran members of the community (i.e. people with more experience than me) might offer better informed opinions on the state of your donor area.

Hold tight - it should all come good.

17 Feb 09 - 3,200 FUs by strip surgery (Dr Feller)

My Hair Loss Website