HAIRLINE DENSITY QUESTION

Hey guys.

Reading alot about graphs per square cm.

How many graphs per/cm are needed in the hairline(roughly first 1/2 ince give or take)to give good coverage and not just look like a guy who has a lowered hairline that's thinning.

What i mean when i say "lowered" hairline is the new hairline area where hair hasn't existed in let's say 15 years.

Also when i say "good" coverage i mean when you're standing under a light inside or direct sunlight i don't want it to be real easy to see through....but i'm also not looking for a hairline of a 17 year old either.

Thanks guys,

More_hair

Hey guys.

Reading alot about graphs per square cm.

How many graphs per/cm are needed in the hairline(roughly first 1/2 ince give or take)to give good coverage and not just look like a guy who has a lowered hairline that's thinning.

What i mean when i say "lowered" hairline is the new hairline area where hair hasn't existed in let's say 15 years.

Also when i say "good" coverage i mean when you're standing under a light inside or direct sunlight i don't want it to be real easy to see through....but i'm also not looking for a hairline of a 17 year old either.

Thanks guys,

More_hair

I think 45-55 per sq cm is a minimum in the hairline.........if you can, I would thing more like 65-70 for the first 1/2" to 1"..........especially if you comb your hair back. If you comb it forward or to the side I think 45 is probably okay.

Keep in mind that the most dense HT is going to be a little see through in cerntain lighting and direct sunlight...............even people with a good head of native hair have that issue sometimes.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank is correct. Also keep in mind that when talking about grafts per square CM - the number of hairs per FU graft will make a huge difference in the appearance of density. Single hairs are used in the hairline (hopefully) with 1 and 2 haired FUs behind it, trailing back into the use of 3 and 4 haired grafts.

Bill

Hey thanks guys.

So what you're saying is that first 1/2" in should be strickly singles for best result.

From what i remember the doc mentioned only singles upfront.

Makes sense...packing singles upfront as tight as possible will pack it up nicely.

Maybe simple to you guys...I'm still learning and want to be prepared the day of.

Thanks.

more_hair

The minimum is at least the first 1/2cm for the whole hairline, then you can begin transplanting 2's(transition zone) for density and to break up the "see-through" look as much as your donor will allow of course.

I don't think you can go wrong with using all singles in any area of the hairline---- however, at some point your hair has to transition from hairline into the frontal zone and then core. It is there where your going to want the 2-3 hair grafts.

I hope this helps you out!

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks B spot.

Sometimes when you read TOO much as you approach the big day...you get a little nervous and start second guessing what you already know is cool.

I know i'm in good hands...just want too have a checklist of last minute things too hit the doc with.

More_hair