Too drastic a change?

Did any of you worry about too drastic a change in your appearance? I've had this diffused thinning pattern since, hell, forever it seems. But at least since I was 24 or so. I can see it changing before my eyes and I'm getting a little worried it's going to be very obvious.

It would be cool if you could get a transplant to coincide with some move to a new town. I'm going to my best friend's daughter's wedding in late August in my old hometown and I know it's going to be obvious I've changed. There will be a ton of people that I haven't seen in six months, a year, and some even longer. It's going to be interesting for sure.

And to add, I'm trying to drop about 15 or 20 pounds so if that happens it'll be a hell of a transformation. That's one of the reasons I was worried about going for 3500 or more grafts. I could have done another thousand in that session, according to Dr. Cooley, but I would prefer nobody know about the tp.

And I admire you guys who don't care, and tell people straight up that you've had it done.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Did any of you worry about too drastic a change in your appearance? I've had this diffused thinning pattern since, hell, forever it seems. But at least since I was 24 or so. I can see it changing before my eyes and I'm getting a little worried it's going to be very obvious.

It would be cool if you could get a transplant to coincide with some move to a new town. I'm going to my best friend's daughter's wedding in late August in my old hometown and I know it's going to be obvious I've changed. There will be a ton of people that I haven't seen in six months, a year, and some even longer. It's going to be interesting for sure.

And to add, I'm trying to drop about 15 or 20 pounds so if that happens it'll be a hell of a transformation. That's one of the reasons I was worried about going for 3500 or more grafts. I could have done another thousand in that session, according to Dr. Cooley, but I would prefer nobody know about the tp.

And I admire you guys who don't care, and tell people straight up that you've had it done.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Dewayne,

I'm telling you, man. As long as a result is natural the LAST thing that anyone brings up is that you had an HT. Patients calling up to say that people around them ask how much weight they lost, they look good without a beard ( but never had one), or they look "healthier" and those types of comments FAR outweigh those by patients saying that someone called them out. It almost never happens.

When I first returned home to east Tennessee after my first two procedures I saw people I hadn't seen in several years, back when I was really bald and had bad graft work for a hairline. Everyone said how I looked "better" since I moved away and that I must be happier, etc. etc.

Those around you will not notice the subtle changes as they occur and those that haven't seen you for a long time will most likely not suspect either. IF someone does it's most likely because they are bald/balding and have seen what good work can be like and that is the minority, not the majority of people out there.

Just my .02 worth.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

hi dewayne,i recently updated my "freinds reunited"profile on the net and decided to add a profile picture.within a week 2 of my pals who i hadnt seen in at least 5 years got in touch, their greetings were as follows;

"hello geezer,is that a toupe?" and

"where the f**k did you get hair?"

to the first i told him i had a proceedure,and the second i said "magic beans and cow sh*t".

were gonna meet up soon so no doubt my hair will be first topic of conversation especially as pal no2 has told me pal no1 has lost most of his hair rapidly.

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

why not just say i've recently started taking minox... and propecia and that they've finally begin to show results. That's what I think I will do...not too comfortable with coming out myself.

Originally posted by nm76:

why not just say i've recently started taking minox... and propecia and that they've finally begin to show results. That's what I think I will do...not too comfortable with coming out myself.

I think that's what I will say, and then admit if pressured. However, like Jotronic said above, I'm hoping is a non-issue as it will be natural looking and I wasn't completely bald to begin with.

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

AndroGel - once daily

Jogging - 3x per week

Getting "called out" for suddenly having too-too luscious, flowing locks is a luxurious problem, indeed! icon_smile.gif

HTs are among the most noble and natural forms of cosmetic surgery out there; if it wasn't for all the quacks and (partially...) antiquated methodology there would be virtually zero stigma, imo.

How breast implants have become such a rampant, chic thing while we fret is a joke. Bald Man's Burden.....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I can see it changing before my eyes and I'm getting a little worried it's going to be very obvious.

I dont see the big deal in telling people you've had the surgery. Women get breast inplants, tummy tucks, collogen and botox, ETC all of the time, so IMO we can do something for ourselves that make us feel good. Im breaking people in right now and telling them I will be getting the procedure someday, so when the day comes I'll have no explaining to do.

Bald Man's Burden strikes again.....we need to get some hired PR reps to make headway in tearing down the walls of stigma and irrationale that plauge us even as we try to seek natural solutions to our woes.....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I get a kick out guys who are afraid people will notice that they have more hair.

We're often warned that a transplant won't return our 17 year old lion's mane. But don't we all want as much gain as we can get? Others noticed our loss of hair. So, don't we now want them to notice our gain?

Truly, stangers probably won't and shouldn't notice that we've had work done. True also that many acquaintances will say "uh, there's something different about you ...".

But if you're lucky enough to have someone ask "Where did you get all the hair?", You can either lie or tell the truth. Your choice.