any hope for me???

depends what your expectations are. If you want a full head of hair, probably not gonna happen. However, you good probably achieve full coverage or close to. You got some hairs left up there so that will help. You probably wouldn't get much of a hairline, but enough to make a cosmetic difference. Look around at the photo albums on this website, see what people with your level of hair loss and age normally achieve.

nm,

Is these pics of you? If so it would appear that you are a diffuse NW7. NW7 is the "highest level of balding". If you dont expect a full head of hair than I would say yes it may be worth a shot. You do have to remember though that some of the results you see on here you will not be able to achieve.

1st thing you should do is have a face to face consultation w/ a coalition doctor. Have them estimate the # of grafts you have available. If under 6000 I would not do it if I were you. IMO

Have you ever tried shaving? It's the style now. Good luck!

nm,

I hate to say but those guys are few and far between. It does look like you have very thick donar area though so that could benefit you. A doc can tell you better, but it looks like you'll have to make a decision on whether you want coverage or density. You propably cant have both! IMO you should concentrate on the frontal 1/3 for your 1st w/ 2500-3000 grafts and then with a 2nd fill in the front 2/3 and maybe just below the crown with another 3000 or so grafts if available to you.Leave the crown alone and start or stay on propecia and rogaine.

There is definitely hope. You just have to have realistic expectations and MOST IMPORTANTLY you have to find a skilled surgeon who makes a plan that is right for you.

I would think a receding frontal hairline and somewhat thinner coverage over the top (perhaps intentionally neglecting the crown) is a good route.

For your crown region, if you want to fill it in later, and can afford it, you could try transplanting body hair if you have a good donor supply of it (and I only suggest that option on the premise you good body donor)

It could compliment the scalp hair for almost complete coverage. (And before anyone bitches over my suggestion(s), opinions are cheap, and so is mine, so take it for what its worth)

icon_smile.gif

nm,

Well, as many have already said, it's dependent upon several variables.

(1) How old are you

(2) What are your expectations - what do you hope to achieve? Bobman and Jotronic? I agree, those are ideal if rare to achieve from what I've seen. Plus your dark hair will create a high contrast with your scalp making things appear more thin.

(3) Do you have any lower photos of your donor area? I can't tell, but it looks like the nape is creeping up as well, but otherwise looks thick.

(4) Start consulting with some doctors. Start with some online and then move to one-on-one consultations.

Good luck.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

nm315,

It looks like you have already received some great input, but since you sent me a private message too, I'll add mine.

I do agree that you appear to be heading toward a norwood level 7.

If you intend to keep any of the hair on top of your head (thin as it is right now), consider getting on Propecia ASAP.

Your donor hair looks decent - it's hard to judge density by pictures alone, but it appears to be average.

Transformation such as JoTronics are very rare however, if your expectations are reasonable, you could at least restore some good coverage and density in your frontal core and maybe some thin coverage in the forelock and if you are lucky, the crown and below.

Physician selection will also be a vital part of making this a success. Research and choose wisely icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

I agree with the previous replies. Take your time, do as much research as you can on this site and definitely consult face to face with at least 3 surgeons that are recommended on this Forum. You'll learn so much from the in person consultations. An educated decision will give you great results as long as you are clear on your expectations.

Norwood 6's and 7's can be good surgery candidates if ??“ and only if ??“ they have the right expectations. You can get a nice and natural result for sure. You must simply remember that hair transplants cannot turn a half head of hair to a full head of hair. You can relocate your donor hair in a clever and artful way, though. I imagine you could indeed get a dramatic result...still, I doubt it would be "full."

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.