Do excessive sex/masturbation leads to hair loss as more Testosterone is produced

Hi Guys,

I've a very silly question for you all. Do excessive sex/masturbation/thinking about sex leads to more hair loss as the testicles produce testosterone, which breaks down into DHT and cause hair loss.

I asked this question because whenever I have sex in the night and the next day when I take a shower and brush my hair ,the hair I see that fell are more as compared to the other days when I don't have sex.

Awaiting your reply.

Hi Guys,

I've a very silly question for you all. Do excessive sex/masturbation/thinking about sex leads to more hair loss as the testicles produce testosterone, which breaks down into DHT and cause hair loss.

I asked this question because whenever I have sex in the night and the next day when I take a shower and brush my hair ,the hair I see that fell are more as compared to the other days when I don't have sex.

Awaiting your reply.

I don't think it's a silly question, I've wondered this myself.

I don't think it could happen in the way your suggesting - you have sex then bang the day after your hair falls, but I have also wondered if those with very active sex lives suffer more loss.

If you want a silly thought? lol.

I have convinced myself that when I drink red wine, I will suffer sheds.

arnolder,

Is your eye sight fading also? Are your palms becoming hairer? Do you find that you have more acne now, or less? Are you or your partner, putting on a few extra pounds?

If the answers to all these questions are yes, then yes masturbation, does cause hairloss :P

take care...

arnolder

unless your partner is pulling hard on your pony tails during the act I don't see that there could be a relationship in what you describe. Production of testosterone occurs whether or not you are sexually active. Eventually we may discover a link but i doubt it is something that manifests itself overnight

arnolder,

Many hair loss sufferers before any traces of balding have heard rumors that frequent sex or masturbation can cause baldness. This is a hair loss myth. Ironically, the oppositive rumor has also been heard - that masturbation can increase hair growth. There is no scientific evidence however, to suggest that any chemicals released during sex or masturbation can impact hair loss or hair growth in one way or the other.

All the Best,

Bill

Originally posted by Bill - Associate Publisher:

Ironically, the oppositive rumor has also been heard - that masturbation can increase hair growth.

One of my FAVORITE comedians (Robert Schimmel) once said "If that was true, I'd be the "hairiest" man on the planet icon_smile.gif