Funding and stape removal

This is kind of a two parter.

If you choose a financing option. Is this figured out way in advance of the transplant? Do I book a date first, get a quote, and figure a financing plan? I'm lost on how to go about this.

Second, I will be traveling to get a HT (no matter who I decide on). I won't be able to stay in that place long enough for staple/stitches removal.

Where do I get this done? Do you have an appointment booked before transplant?

I'm just trying to get all the technicalities (sp?) figured out here. Thanks!

Current Regimen:

.5mg Fin ED

Minox 2x daily

Nizoral 1% 2-3 times a week

Fish Oil capsules w/ Omega-3

SpaceBetween,

In order to know how much of a loan you'll need, you should discuss the specifics of the procedure and your financing options with your doctor. Some clinics will offer financing and sometimes you will have to use a credit card, or some other kind of loan. Be sure also to discuss the possibility of extra grafts and whether or not you are charged for them. No doctor can give you an exact number of grafts until after they are harvested. So it's always better to have the financing readily available in case you are charged for extra grafts. But your doctor should discuss this with you beforehand.

Your general practioner/family doctor should be able to remove your staples/sutures for you. But discuss it with them before you book your procedure to make sure. Staples are very easy to remove and even a family member, significant other, or friend can do it for you.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Bill

Anyone can remove the staples but i would definitely recommend having someone in the medical field do it who has experience removing them. two reasons why: 1) someone with no experience may get squemish and you don't want them bailing halfway through. 2) it's not as easy as you might think. i have a high pain threshold and i actually found the staple removal part to be more uncomfortable than the surgery itself.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I would agree with hairthere. I had a good friend remove them and she did an excellent job, but still painful (not all but some). And I am sure if she was squemish (which could happen to someone removing them) she would have bailed and I would not have blamed her.

Anyone can take out stitches or staples.

BUT, only a trained eye can see if there are potential problems. While rare, I feel strongly that if someone is giving me 7000.00; they ought to let me take out there sutures and they ought to let me check there scar at 4-6 weeks. Its free, makes them feel better, and occasionally I find that a shot of steroids into the scar will prevent a problem.

That being said...and I say it to all of our patients...we occasionally have someone get their sutres out elsewhere; and rarely do guys come back for the scar check--even if they live close.

Our fellow today flew in from Texas, and is flying to California tomorrow and back next week for me to take out his sutures.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians