MY PROCEDURE WITH DR FELLER AND ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO NEXT

First time post but i`ve been around for a few years and thought its about time i joined so hello all.

Had my procedure done with Dr Feller on the 10th of november 2008,im seeing a lot of growth and everything seems to be going well however for me to be 100% happy i need to address my receding hairline and close off my temples.This is were i would like some advice,having had a strip procedure and i must say im over the moon with the liner scar im now wondering if i should go for another strip or go for FUE,i think i would only need about 800 to 1000 grafts and im not sure if going for strip would be worth it,what do you think?.

I know your all going to say i need to wait for this procedure to take shape but hair loss has taken hold of my life up untill now and i just want to sort it and forget it for a few years

any advice would be very much appeciated thanks

First time post but i`ve been around for a few years and thought its about time i joined so hello all.

Had my procedure done with Dr Feller on the 10th of november 2008,im seeing a lot of growth and everything seems to be going well however for me to be 100% happy i need to address my receding hairline and close off my temples.This is were i would like some advice,having had a strip procedure and i must say im over the moon with the liner scar im now wondering if i should go for another strip or go for FUE,i think i would only need about 800 to 1000 grafts and im not sure if going for strip would be worth it,what do you think?.

I know your all going to say i need to wait for this procedure to take shape but hair loss has taken hold of my life up untill now and i just want to sort it and forget it for a few years

any advice would be very much appeciated thanks

well you have to take into account several factors like your age, family history etc. If you absolutely feel you dont need another large session then you could do FUE for about 1000 grafts. Meet up with Dr Feller and ask him. He's the best guy to help you since he has already performed a procedure on you.

1973kop,

I agree that your hair looks great so far. And though you may not have to wait for your hair transplant to take shape since you want to transplant other areas of the scalp not yet touched, I think it's usually the best to wait at least a full year to let the donor heal and regain it's elasticity.

If you are a fast healer however and have good elasticity, you may not have to wait.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi and thanks for your input so far and of course you are right that i should wait a while but its just so damn hard waiting and i know that i will be happy with the growth in a years time but then im thinking that i will never be happy with my hairline untill i do something about it and i have to go through it all over again to get some sort of hairline in a years time. maybe im jumping a head of myself but my life just feels on hold.

interesting what you say about waiting for the scar to heal but how will i know when that is,its still slightly red but i have no pain what so ever,my procedure was quite a small one of only about 1700 grafts i think and like i said im really happy with the scar,its hardly noticable but then i think if i have another strip procedure the next scar may stretch due to elasticity?

i think i would profer strip for financial reasons but not if my scar will get wider if that makes sense.

spex,i will email you a few questions tomorrow mate when i have more time.

Bill,great job your doing on this forum mate oh and your hair looks amazing for the amount of loss you had.

thanks again

Thanks irish but to be honest its not really made much of a cosmetic difference at all.sure the transplanted hairs are growing and my hair has thickened but im pretty much where i was before i had the transplant the only difference now is i dont need to use as much toppik as before.the photos are with no concealers and no styling products,if i use styling products and spike my hair then thats where the problem is,all i see when i look in the mirror is receding uneven wonky temples.

• 3 weeks later...

Give it 6 months..I know it sounds like a Saharan crossing, but you don't know where you will end up just yet - Time slows down after a HT, think we all know that. Any new procedures could effect the result you are likely to get. I spoke about corrections to my Doc (Rahal) and he advised 12 months would be the earliest for any additional work.

Hold the line

if you already have a strip scar i would say get another strip. if you need future procedures you'll want to "strip out" before going to fue, imo.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com