Swelling after HT?

The excess fluid travels down from the top of the head and settles in the forehead region until it dissipates. you can try using a headband post-op and anti-inflammatories might help. it will only last 2-3 days.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I think this is the saline fluid that is injected to enlarge the scalp to facilitate easier placement of grafts. You can also try gently massaging the swelling to the sides, so that the swelling doesn't settle at your eyes. I did this after my forehead swelled and the swelling moved over to between the eyes and ears. Also, it is important that you try and sleep upright and at an angle. This is not convenient and I slept on the side on the 4th/5th day and ended up with a slight swelling in one eye.

------------------------------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Alexander

Originally posted by chan123:

Guys,

Wanted to know why swelling occurs after a HT in forehead and 'around the eyes' and what to do to prevent that?

Thanks/Chan

Besides the saline, which is minimal, your head swells due to the trama incurred, remember each follicle gets a incision, as such your body is reacting to this trama and fluid is the transport system to healing.

Minimize the selling by using compression... meaning get a Ace type bandage and wrap this around the sides of your head and forehead area. then use ICE on your forehead and bridge of nose area between eyes. Alternating twenty minutes on and off for at least 48 hours. When sleeping just keep the ACE bandage on, then ice in the morning. After 3 days you should be good.

i second that chan...do your research...there are doctors on here that in my opinion do better work for a better price...you see a few of them in this thread...just look...personally i would look at hasson, wong, feller, or shapiro...their results speak for themselves.

no pain no gain