Help Me Explain the Redness

Hey guys,

I'm one month post-op. Just uploaded a couple of pics to my weblog. Anyway, I work from home and typically only see my coworkers once per month. I've got a meeting next week and I'm still very pink on top. The scar is pretty well hidden by my hair so that's not a problem. Our meetings are supposed to be business casual so a hat would not be acceptable normally. After this meeting I don't have another one till April so that should buy me some time. The options I've come up with are:

1. Call in sick. (would be frowned upon)

2. Get a dressier type of hat rather than baseball cap and tell everyone that I have an ugly bruise or injury on my head from some kind of accident.

3. Sunburn? One of my close friends who knows what I did said no one will believe that since it's too regular and defined in shape.

I'm open to any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hey guys,

I'm one month post-op. Just uploaded a couple of pics to my weblog. Anyway, I work from home and typically only see my coworkers once per month. I've got a meeting next week and I'm still very pink on top. The scar is pretty well hidden by my hair so that's not a problem. Our meetings are supposed to be business casual so a hat would not be acceptable normally. After this meeting I don't have another one till April so that should buy me some time. The options I've come up with are:

1. Call in sick. (would be frowned upon)

2. Get a dressier type of hat rather than baseball cap and tell everyone that I have an ugly bruise or injury on my head from some kind of accident.

3. Sunburn? One of my close friends who knows what I did said no one will believe that since it's too regular and defined in shape.

I'm open to any other suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

TTP,

If the meeting is VERY important then I would go with the dress hat! If its not that important then I would bail for sure!

Im almost 3 weeks post op and have a big work function this evening and I will not be going as I dont think a hat really works with a suit! I will be heading to a buddies to watch UFC and of course will be wearing a hat!

Canadian_buba

3500 Grafts

Dr. Rahal

Jan 12 09

My Hair Loss WebLog

It does not look to bad from your photos, but sunburn, rash etc work well.

I've read that witch hazel stick is good for dealing with redness, but not tried it myself

--------------------------------------

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Feller

Dr Feller Jan '09 2000 grafts

Dr Lorenzo Dec '15 2222 grafts

Thanks for the input guys! I'm leaning toward missing the meeting but I'll probably take a look at some hats tomorrow. We don't have to wear suits. It's pretty much khakis and collared shirts so a hat wouldn't look too odd but no one else ever wears one so it'll require an explanation of some sort.

Sunburn/frostbite and an application of Toppik have all worked for some of our patients.

Also, if it is on an older person, the redness can be blamed on a dermatologist treating some precancerous spots with a chemical peel.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

This is an easy one. If you live in a warm climate ( or if you are in a cold climate then you went on vacation) say you fell asleep at the pool with one of these hats pulled down over your eyes.

Tennis%20hat.jpg

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Thanks to all who replied. I ended up calling in sick. I feel pretty guilty about that but at least I don't have another meeting until April so hopefully it won't be an issue by then.

My friend,

My wife do a wonderful make up work in my head that covers any redness. If you don't have an assistance from a female, let me know that I can give you the name of the stuff. You won't never lose another meeting because of redness.

Take care

This is a very interesting topic to me. I am thinking seriously about a procedure, but worried about what people will say or ask me after the fact. I could afford to take off work for a month, maybe, but then have to go back to an office environment where I will see people on a daily basis.

How have others handled this situation?

What questions were you asked?

How did you answer?

How long until the appearance of the procedure is essentially vanished?